PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hit the ground running or Peak in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I'd almost feel better that way. Remember our super bowl years:

2001: 0-2, Bledsoe goes down, we rally and go on to one of the top 3 upsets in Super Bowl history.

2003: 31-0 loss to Buffalo, they hate their coach, yadda yadda yadda :D

2004: Lost to the Steelers badly early on, then went on to return the favor in the playoffs.
The only year we didn't win the division (2002), we started out like gangbusters and won the hell out of September.

I just want them to win....all the time, although I prefer them to win by 14 plus points each game, I know I'm not the only one who was about to have a nervous breakdown before in the final minutes of a patriots game.

Has BB decided to ease into the season, preserving vital personnel for the stretch run?
No question, I am grasping for reasons as to why this team looks so bad this preseason. So here are some excuses and implausible reasonings.
-Since 2001, the Patriots have played 17 playoff games...an extra season of games. Brady, Bruschi, Seymour, Light, Vrabel...all key players the last 8 years...have played alot of football.
-The Patriots peaked too early last year. With a chip on their shoulders, the Patriots launched an aerial assault on opponents that devastated and demoralized teams for 2 months. When the scheduled toughened up and winter approached, blowouts were few and far between, the Brady -Moss tandem was less successful, running the ball was an issue as was redzone defense. Although the wins were still piling up, the better teams were figuring out the Patriots...Indy, Philly, Baltimore, Giants.
-The Pressure of Perfection took its toll. Tough to argue this point, considering the Pats were seconds from a perfect season....but BB may not see a reason to supercharge this team for 16 games.
-Though many outside New England would disagree, the 2007 season validated the Patriots' championships of this decade. With Spygate in the rearview mirror, the 2008 Patriots will take a different approach to this season...building weekly and hopefully peaking in December.
-With all the injuries, the 3 west coast trips, an aging corp of key players, and rookies that will be counted on, I am convinced that BB will ease into the season.

i admit this is preseason and we should wait to see how they play in the regular season. and i like bb a lot.but why cant we just call crappy play as crappy play and have to justify that it must BB intentionally trying something different in september to peak in december.. what is the gurantee that after 'easing' into the season you acutally 'peak' in december. what if someone significant has to miss games in december due to injury?(i dont want to put names to invoke bad karma)
We have played like crap in preseason . thats all it is . BB maybe a genius but not completely nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back