Welcome to PatsFans.com

History says trade branch to Seattle

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Sep 1, 2006.

1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If its for their first round pick.

1st they have the madden curse hanging over their heads where the last 4 coverboys have failed to reach the playoffs. Also the last 4 teasm who lost the SB have failed to reach the playoffs. Meaning top 20 pick. History says trade branch.
  2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

im sure Beioli believe in all that crap..
  3. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was half joking
  4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

couldnt tell :p
  5. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

While I agree the Madden Curse is silly, the Superbowl Hangover is not related to some mytical curse or hex. I think think losing the Superbowl is such a huge emotional letdown that it is difficult for teams to recover. I think fighting your way to the Superbowl and then losing is so exhausting and mentally taxing that it really takes its toll on the team the next season.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  6. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, whether Belioli believes in the curse or not, I dont care, that ****s real. E. George, M. Vick, R. Lewis, D. Mcnabb, and next is Alexander. Even though I have been looking for the quote (I cant find it) but that is why Brady wont pose coverboy for madden. He did nfl fever?? But he wont do Madden. Brady is all I need to believe:)
  7. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The real historical evidence is that WR is the most expendible position on the field typically, and teams trading WR away tend to fare well in such trades. Joey Galloway to the Cowboys for two first rounders comes to mind (which was absurd even at the time). Two first round picks next year, even at the low end of the round, would be quite the boost going into next season. BB and Pioli haven't blown one yet, and their first round rookies have always contributed in their first seasons, so I wouldn't mind it, especially if we could package a lower round pick and grab Engram.