PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

History repeats itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

Rookie
Reaction score
History is going to repeat itself and the pats are going to win.

Reason #1. Deflategate. The last time the pats were accused of cheating, they came out of the gate with fire and determination and this time will be no different. Well OK, a little different. That fire and determination will deliver us a lombardi this time.

Reason #2. The seahawks big mouths. Recall when the Rams drew the matchup with the pats all of the smack talk and all of the overconfidence. Well I was in the superdome in NO when the pats raised the trophy. **** Sherman wants to be the best corner in the NFL and Revis (who actually IS the best corner in the NFL) is too busy working to even respond. And I bet the farm that Tom Brady will not allow **** Sherman to get in his face twice.

Reason #3 (and my personal favorite). The Freddie Mitchell factor. Recall the superbowl when the pats played the eagles and some defensive back named Freddie Mitchell opened his mouth about how the eagles would have their way with the pats. (Please dont correct me if what follows is a little exaggerated because it is my favorite part.) The pats proceeded to throw 2 TD's on Freddie Mitchell with BB in rare fashion after the game stating that "Freddie Mitchell is a terrible player". Freddie Mitchell never played another NFL down. When I heard that some unknown NICKEL BACK on the She-hawks said that GRONK is not a very good player, well I thought of old Freddie Mitchell and laughed.

Prediction: PATS: 38 - Shehawks - 13

c'mon guys - Pete used to coach here and all he brought was pumped and jacked to the sidelines. He cant even carry BB's socks when it comes to coaching IQ.

But...the last time the Pats played the Seahawks, they lost by a point (on a questionable last second FG). I don't want that history to repeat itself.

But...the last time the Pats played the Seahawks, they lost by a point (on a questionable last second FG). I don't want that history to repeat itself.

At Seattle where the crowd is right on top of you. Great stadium if your the home team.

Minor quibble on Pete Carroll but everyone who talks about him mentions what a great x's and o's defensive mind he is. His problems while he was here were more personality based and not getting his players to buy in. I would say since going back to the college ranks he has grown up and gotten much better at that. While he will never be in the GOAT discussion like Bill he is IMO one of the top 5 coaches in the league right now so don't underestimate him and assume there is a huge coaching mismatch that will lead to a blow out.

My guess on the game comes down to turnovers and it is how they won this year....it makes up for their average offense. Take awsy turnovers and they are not potent enough to beat us. I think Brady gets protected enough to have 0 interceptions. Game hinges on Blount holding the ball....he will.

Not to quibble but you're thinking of the Ravens game from 2012 (FG on upright). Pats lost to Seattle when Wilson threw a 46 yarder with about a minute plus left...

My guess on the game comes down to turnovers and it is how they won this year....it makes up for their average offense. Take awsy turnovers and they are not potent enough to beat us. I think Brady gets protected enough to have 0 interceptions. Game hinges on Blount holding the ball....he will.

not to mention we probably should pick off a russell wilson pass or two. The packers defense is an average defense and they picked him off 4 times. this time he will be throwing against Revis/Browner/mccourty.

Defense better get their hands up and hopefully we swat a few balls in the air. Nincovich did a good job of that vs. the colts

The OP is confused...Freddy Mitchell was a WR. He did run his mouth saying he "had something for" the Pats. On a talk show after the win, BB was asked about it and he said "maybe it was the dropped passes". He did basically disappear after that.

The OP is confused...Freddy Mitchell was a WR. He did run his mouth saying he "had something for" the Pats. On a talk show after the win, BB was asked about it and he said "maybe it was the dropped passes". He did basically disappear after that.

Thanks for the clarification. Go Pats!

Minor quibble on Pete Carroll but everyone who talks about him mentions what a great x's and o's defensive mind he is. His problems while he was here were more personality based and not getting his players to buy in. I would say since going back to the college ranks he has grown up and gotten much better at that. While he will never be in the GOAT discussion like Bill he is IMO one of the top 5 coaches in the league right now so don't underestimate him and assume there is a huge coaching mismatch that will lead to a blow out.
My dad actually flies with a guy at FedEx who was a former punter for the Patriots (not sure what his name was I think he came in around 98 or so he may have eventually ended up on the Bengals too) and said that Pete was a really nice guy but he was too much of a push over.

c'mon guys - Pete used to coach here and all he brought was pumped and jacked to the sidelines. He cant even carry BB's socks when it comes to coaching IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back