PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

History question: who came up with the team intro idea in 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the way I have heard it.

I believe it was the Bengals (maybe it was the Colts game) game in 01 and there was some scrambling around as they missed the some of the individual announcings and than they just all ran out together and since they liked the way it looked they kept it up all year.

So it initially was an accident but than they did it all season and actually had to fight a little to be able to do it in the SB. And by fight I mean they said you can announce it how you want but we will be coming out together.

It turned out the announcer anounced "Chosing to be introduced as a team" and the rest was history.

I was lucky to be at that SB and me and my father were wondering in the hours leading up whether they would come out as a team or not and when they did we went nuts.

You're correct, it was the Bungals game. First time I was able to see the Pats in person in years, and I watched them get spanked.

Little did I know what was to come.....

We seem to agree it first happened in the Bengals game, that it started out almost by accident in Cincinnati due to being late out of the tunnel, and then it stuck, and that continuing to do it was suggested or led by Bobby Hamilton, Lawyer Milloy, Brian Cox, or some combination of the three. The last part seems most unclear.

However it happened, seeing the SB36 tape on NFL network & the Pat Summerall call on the intro still gave me chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back