Welcome to PatsFans.com

History of Pats DVD out in November!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by 102 Pat, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

Hey Folks,

I got a e-mail from Amazon this morning about a History of The Patriots DVD coming out in November. Here's the press release for it:

GET PATRIOTIC WITH WARNER HOME VIDEO’S RELEASE OF NFL HISTORY OF THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS DVD ON NOVEMBER 4

COMMEMORATIVE DVD FOLLOWS PATRIOTS HISTORY FROM PAST TO PRESENT FEATURING GROGAN, CAPPELLETTI, TIPPETT, BLEDSOE, BELICHICK, BRADY & MOSS AS THEY TRANSFORM NEW ENGLAND INTO A PROMINENT NFL FRNACHISE

Loaded with Highlights and Interviews, this Two-Disc Collector’s Set Features Classic Patriots Moments

BURBANK, CA (September 4, 2008) –Warner Home Video (WHV) and the National Football League (NFL) are giving New Engalnd Patriots fans a DVD they have long been waiting for. NFL History of the New England Patriots will debut this season, full of the defining moments and enhanced content that every Pats fan desires. From the Cappelletti and Grogan days through Brady and Moss of the present team, this two-disc collector’s set is a must have. NFL History of the New England Patriots will be available on November 4 for $26.95 SRP.

They began as a team without a permanent home. Nearly 50 years later, the New England Patriots are one of the most successful franchises in the National Football League. From the nomadic days in Boston to glistening Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, NFL History of the New England Patriots covers the great games, star players and unforgettable moments throughout the franchise’s history. From the early days of Cappelletti, Hannah, Grogan, and Tippett through the modern day players such as Bledsoe, Coates, Brady and Moss, this two-disc set tells the story of one of the great teams in pro football history.

“Having won three of the last seven Super Bowls, the Patriots have cemented themselves as one of the greatest teams in NFL history,” said Eddie Scannell, WHV Director, Sports Marketing. “This DVD takes an in-depth look from the early days of the franchise though the Kraft/Belichick/Brady era of today. This is a must-own DVD for Patriots fans everywhere.”

Disc One:
    The Complete History of the New England Patriots

Disc Two:
    Inside The Mind of Bill Belichick
    Tedy Bruschi – Comeback Warrior
    Foxboro – A Look Back
    The Snow Game
    Rodney Harrison – Champion!
    Gino Cappelletti – Patriot For Life
    Belichick and Lombardi
    The Inner Strength of Mike Woicik
    Watson’s Chase
    Patriots 2004 Ring Ceremony
    Patriots 2005 Ring Ceremony
    Steve Grogan
    1985 Patriots

Seems like it should be pretty good. Sorry mods if this isn't the right place for this info!
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +501 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Re: History Of Pats DVD Out Next Month!

These all appear to be NFL Films featurettes that've been aired from time to time on NFLN. I'm pretty sure I've seen them all, so probably not much (if anything) here that is new. The first disc I'm curious about, but I'll bet that also has aired before.
  3. captadamnj

captadamnj Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just in time for the holidays...nice gift...
  4. SoCal Bong

SoCal Bong Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the reminder. I plan to order this soon.
  5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I will get one maybe two:D
  6. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 65 / -57

#87 Jersey

Pre-ordering tonight, thanks for the heads up !!
  7. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -1

I read this and my first reaction was to get all happy and even sentimental, even tho I realize that most of the material is warmed over stuff from old shows.

Then I remembered Tom Brady's answer to the question on, I think, "60 Minutes," two or three years ago, as to which of his Super Bowl Rings was his favorite/best. His answer? "The next one."

That got me thinking back to this February and the AFCG last year and then to his injury and I decided, hey, I'll wait to order this DVD for a few more years...see if BB, his teammates and the Krafts can get Tommy that next ring.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  8. BennyBledsoe

BennyBledsoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 4 / -4

#11 Jersey

Very nice, very nice.

Although (no offense here to anyone who's a fan of the guy)...I kinda wonder what else could have been included instead of the piece on Woicik.
  9. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I like those behind the scenes looks at the players, coaches, or staff we don't see everyday. Heck, I'd enjoy a piece on the Gillette Kitchen crew and a 'how it might differ from other teams' interview with the players as they dine. Bing on the laundry! (No, not that dirty yellow stuff.)
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  10. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

I am a little gutted that I can't get it over here! :-(

Unless I can get it off eBay.
  11. edboc

edboc Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Try online rentals like Netflix or Blockbuster On Demand
  12. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Just get it off amazon.com. thats where im gettin mine
  13. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

Amazon.ca had it on for $17.99 so altogether with shipping and taxes, mine came to $25, not too bad at all for a 2 disc dvd.
  14. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

While tromping about Amazon.com, I noted a Patriots NFL greatest games DVD set, I've googled it but all I've been able to find is that all 7 games are since 2001 and include the Super Bowls. Does anyone have more detail about this set? Are they complete games? NFL Replay style games? Game of the Week? Is this set worthwhile? NEED - MORE - INFORMATION. :confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.