PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Historical question: how the #%@% did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me how the NFL could screw up scheduling this badly?

Steelers-Patriots series history
10/22/72 L 3-33 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/08/74 L 17-21 H Schaefer Stadium
09/26/76 W 30-27 A Three Rivers Stadium
09/03/79 L 13-16 H Schaefer Stadium
09/27/81 L 21-27 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/26/82 L 14-37 A Three Rivers Stadium
09/25/83 W 28-23 A Three Rivers Stadium
10/19/86 W 34-0 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/17/89 L 10-28 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/09/90 L 3-24 A Three Rivers Stadium
09/15/91 L 6-20 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/05/93 L 14-17 A Three Rivers Stadium
12/16/95 L 27-41 A Three Rivers Stadium

12/13/97 L 21-24 H Foxboro Stadium
12/06/98 W 23-9 A Three Rivers Stadium
09/09/02 W 30-14 H Gillette Stadium
10/31/04 L 20-34 A Heinz Field
09/25/05 W 23-20 A Heinz Field

Nine consecutive games--almost two decades--in #%ittsburgh? WTF?

That is incredible. I wonder if there are similar disparities with other teams that have to come to Foxboro over and over.

At the end of the day, everyone is playing the same # of home games - well except for those that go play in Europe and Mexico as a home game.

That is incredible. I wonder if there are similar disparities with other teams that have to come to Foxboro over and over.

At the end of the day, everyone is playing the same # of home games - well except for those that go play in Europe and Mexico as a home game.

Im sure there is.

Its not really a big deal.

NFL scheduling was so different back then. It wasnt fair.

I'd like to hear the nfl's explanation for that! They'd probably just feed you the same old tired lines like 'the scheduling system's not perfect' and 'it's done randomly and there are other cases where it's in newengland more' blah blah.
I don't think it's a mere coinsidence that it happened with the steelers though. rather than, say, the bengals.

oh well, what are you gonna do?

I'd like to hear the nfl's explanation for that! They'd probably just feed you the same old tired lines like 'the scheduling system's not perfect' and 'it's done randomly and there are other cases where it's in newengland more' blah blah.
I don't think it's a mere coinsidence that it happened with the steelers though. rather than, say, the bengals.

oh well, what are you gonna do?

LOL its not like any of our teams were ever contending those days anyway.

LOL its not like any of our teams were ever contending those days anyway.

yeah, so?
it's more about pitt was the team in those days and so i'm sure there were times they got preferential treatment. and we were the bottom of the barrel so we were probably chose because nobody cared about us. it's wrong regardless was my point.

I think the same is true of the Packers/Dallas - I can't remember the last time Dallas played at Lambeau Field. Seems the Pack has had to go to Dallas since forever...

Be prepared when the Pats are traveling to Indy for the next six years in a row....

Why are we worrying about scheduling from the 80s and 90? Steelers are playing at the razor for three years in a row starting this year.

Why are we worrying about scheduling from the 80s and 90? Steelers are playing at the razor for three years in a row starting this year.

Well, they will if Steelers win their division next year. :)

Could be worse than that... I haven't heard whether the league will simply repeat the 2002-2009 rotation in 2010-2017, but if they do, then the AFC North team in our slot in 2010 and 2011 (presumably first place) will visit Gillette also. If the NFL does this, and the Steelers and Pats keep winning the division (not a stretch given the two teams' QB situation), then they could play here 5 years in a row.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back