PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hines Ward to Big Ben: "You're No Tom Brady!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Trouble in Pittsburgh Paradise as Hines Ward goes off on Big Ben for saying he doesn't want to throw to smurfs anymore.

--------------------

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is on the record as saying he thinks the Steelers need to get a tall wide receiver on the roster.

So how does the Steelers' No. 1 receiver, the (maybe) 6-foot-even Hines Ward, feel about that? Not good. In a story headlined Ward Blindsided by Big Ben's Comments, Ward strikes back:

"I don't hear Tom Brady or Peyton Manning asking for that," Ward said yesterday.

"I don't know, whatever he says. I have no idea. To me, it's a rare combination of receivers out there who are good and tall. We won a Super Bowl, we didn't have a tall receiver then. I don't see Tom Brady caring about who's tall or not. He got Randy this year, but he did it before without him. ...

"To me, I have enough problems to worry about than what Ben wants -- I can't give him the contract,'' Ward said, referring to Roethlisberger's wish to have a contract extension as soon as possible. "He wants a tall receiver? Why did we draft Santonio? ...

"I don't buy into the hype you have to be tall. You throw the ball up and give somebody a chance to make a play, I'll make as many catches as anyone.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008...nderstand-why-ben-roethlisberger-wants-a-tal/

-------------------

Tell him Hines!!
:cool3:

Trouble in Pittsburgh Paradise as Hines Ward goes off on Big Ben for saying he doesn't want to throw to smurfs anymore.

--------------------

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is on the record as saying he thinks the Steelers need to get a tall wide receiver on the roster.

So how does the Steelers' No. 1 receiver, the (maybe) 6-foot-even Hines Ward, feel about that? Not good. In a story headlined Ward Blindsided by Big Ben's Comments, Ward strikes back:

"I don't hear Tom Brady ,,,,, asking for that," Ward said yesterday.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

yeah, I wonder why that would be.......

Remember when the Steelers trolls came around before the Pats stomped them trying to argue that Big Ben is better than Brady?? Yeah that was funny then, but it's funnier now. He might be able to "scramble", but he is an absolute meatstick who can't read defenses and doesn't understand that he currently has way more weapons than Brady had before this year.

Last edited:
Remember when the Steelers trolls came around before the Pats stomped them trying to argue that Big Ben is better than Brady?? Yeah that was funny then, but it's funnier now. He might be able to "scramble", but he is an absolute meatstick who can't read defenses and doesn't understand that he currently has way more weapons than Brady had before this year.

i think it's a sign of capitulation around the league acknowledging just how much better we are than all the rest. more and more they're routinely citing this team and its players as the standard to judge others by.

Last edited:
Where's the animated gif of him balling?

--------------------

"I don't hear Tom Brady or Peyton Manning asking for that," Ward said yesterday.

"I don't know, whatever he says. I have no idea. To me, it's a rare combination of receivers out there who are good and tall. We won a Super Bowl, we didn't have a tall receiver then. I don't see Tom Brady caring about who's tall or not. He got Randy this year, but he did it before without him. ...

"To me, I have enough problems to worry about than what Ben wants -- I can't give him the contract,'' Ward said, referring to Roethlisberger's wish to have a contract extension as soon as possible. "He wants a tall receiver? Why did we draft Santonio? ...

"I don't buy into the hype you have to be tall. You throw the ball up and give somebody a chance to make a play, I'll make as many catches as anyone.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008...nderstand-why-ben-roethlisberger-wants-a-tal/

-------------------

Tell him Hines!!
:cool3:
I wonder what Steeler fans think of this.I've always been a fan of Ben.I can't stand Hines Ward after he made those negative remarks when that spygate BS 1st came about.

Actually he did while impersonating Lloyd Benson's voice. "I played in games with Tom Brady, I know Tom Brady, Tom Brady is my friend, and you sir, are no Tom Brady."

Roethlisberger needs to be smarter about what he says in public to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes