PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hines Ward full of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are far worse arrogant p-ricks in the NFL than Hines Ward. I have no problem with this guy enjoying his moment in the sun.

Wow i hate Peyton Manning with a passion but I even find those comments a little annoying.

However, it's nice that Hines finally gets some credit. I have always felt that he was the best all-around WR in the league. Not many people agree with me.

I think he would be amazing on the pats and a perfect fit since he doesn't bltch much about receptions from what i've seen and hes the best blocking wr in the league. I would take him on the Pats over any other WR.

More crapola from Hines Ward after the Steelers draft Santonio Holmes, per SI:

"Winning the Super Bowl and the game's MVP award should have been the crowning achievements of his career, successes that would allow him to forgive and forget any perceived slights by coaches or the organization. And while it would seem that the hard-nosed Ward would be the ideal Bill Cowher guy -- tough, physical, intense -- the wideout says he's never had a warm relationship with him. "I don't have anything to say to him," he says. "After what he did to me, after how he treated me, no. The numbers I put up? The seasons I had, for them to keep on bringing in guys...?"

Cowher denies having anything but respect for Ward. "Our decision to draft other wide receivers was not a reflection on Hines Ward," he says. "We had lost a couple of our top veterans, and we were just trying to strengthen that position."

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
There are far worse arrogant p-ricks in the NFL than Hines Ward. I have no problem with this guy enjoying his moment in the sun.
Maybe, but it's hard to think of one off-hand, other than TO, who rather than enjoying his moment in the sun, uses it to trash others:

"Hey, Peyton Manning," Ward said. "I know you're great and all, but you don't have a ring. You can be all this, all world, but you don't have a ring. I have a ring. There's nothing you can say to me right now."

Classless. And to think I thought he'd be a good Patriot.

PonyExpress said:
More crapola from Hines Ward after the Steelers draft Santonio Holmes, per SI:

"Winning the Super Bowl and the game's MVP award should have been the crowning achievements of his career, successes that would allow him to forgive and forget any perceived slights by coaches or the organization. And while it would seem that the hard-nosed Ward would be the ideal Bill Cowher guy -- tough, physical, intense -- the wideout says he's never had a warm relationship with him. "I don't have anything to say to him," he says. "After what he did to me, after how he treated me, no. The numbers I put up? The seasons I had, for them to keep on bringing in guys...?"
And Fleger keeps saying that Dillon is going to react badly to the drafting of Maroney? What a chump Ward is turning out to be. Well, if the Squealers self-destruct from the inside, I won't mind. Maybe it'll keep some of those Steeler Trolls from posting here.

spacecrime said:

I thought the same thing. The way he plays is perfect for us but his attitude is ****ty. I used to really like the guy too.

He should take a page out of Joey Porter's book. Yeah Porter talks a lot before games and during games. Example; jeremy stevens in the superbowl. But after the game he said nothing about it. A reporter asked him about the Stevens situation and if he wanted to say anything and portor declined talking about how the game is over and it would be unneccessary and a jerk move considering how they won and it was over.

What the hell is Hines's problem? I mean I can't stand Peyton, but what an *******.

spacecrime said:
Maybe, but it's hard to think of one off-hand, other than TO, who rather than enjoying his moment in the sun, uses it to trash others:

"Hey, Peyton Manning," Ward said. "I know you're great and all, but you don't have a ring. You can be all this, all world, but you don't have a ring. I have a ring. There's nothing you can say to me right now."

Yeah, you're right. It always amazes me how Cowher (the most overrated coach in history) allows his players to consistently say stupid things like this.

The Manning comment does sound pretty jerky. I wish he hadn't said that.

The reference to "bringing guys in" probably refers more to Troy Edwards and Plaxico Burress than it does to Holmes and Reid this year. Ward is already on record saying he'd be happy to teach the rookie WRs a few things if they ask (Apparently Edwards and Burress didn't ask and treated him like crap because they were first rounders and Ward was a third. Randle El did ask and Ward helped him.)

Wardwas quite bitter when the Steelers drafted Edwards and Burress because it was obvious back then that Cowher did not see Ward as a number one receiver. I guess he hasn't forgotten.

Doesn't it just make you appreciate our guys? We did this 3 of the past 5 seasons and I don't remember a single quote like this from ANYONE, but in particular the MVPs of each game. Wow.

I still like Hines Ward. I wish he was on this team.

Here is a link to a story by a reporter who questioned Hines about his comments towards Coach Cowher. He said it was blown out of proportion, it's not related to this year's draft, and he even called Cowher to apologize over the mess. http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/steelers/9201816/detail.html

As for the Manning comments, I think it was wrong and out of line. I think sometimes people, including athletes, say things that at the time seems okay, but afterthefact they know they shouldn't have said outloud. Just my .02.

our guys think before operating tongue

Brownfan80 said:
Doesn't it just make you appreciate our guys? We did this 3 of the past 5 seasons and I don't remember a single quote like this from ANYONE, but in particular the MVPs of each game. Wow.
yes it is real nice not to have to hear bs bulletin board stuff from our folks.
you remember the scene from 'bull durham' where kevin costner (crash) coaches the soon-to-be-phenom on trite phrases?
one game at a time
just happy to be here
i 'preciate the kind words
teammates have been great to me
seems that the patriot players put on workshops every week.
really, they all say interesting things, it not always the compulsory pro player
stuff. i suppose that's what you get when every player you draft has scouting reports that say "smart" and "team leader".
even corey dillon, who had a tumultuous college career, has shown class, and a sense of humor.

Well except for the photos they sent out to Miami players giving them the middle finger with their SB ring. Other than that sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes