Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary's Mindset vs Kerry's Mindset

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 17, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

If this were the Presidential contest, between these 2 which would you choose (if any) based on their priorities. Here is the latest example of their priorities.

If not John Edwards I've said before I would like to see this woman as President. Regardless of her base, regardless of the polls(unlike Bill). This woman will do what is right when needed...as good Presidents do.

I heard a funny line from a guy the other day. Him & his friends were talking about who should be the next President. So this one guy says it should be Hillary all day long. His friends got mad, naming the popular possible choiced like McCain, Kerry etc...

So this guy looks at them and tells them they are all stupid. "Don't you see", he says to them..."don't you realize this woman has already run this country for 8 years...she has more experience than them all." :rofl:
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Hillary's awfully impressive. She speaks with confidence and you feel that she's drawing on a well of knowledge. She sounds more like a Commander-in-Chief than anyone since Reagan. She doesn't have the common touch, though, but I think people are getting tired of that. It's kind of funny that the common touch was one of the few things are last two presidents had in common.

That said, I've disagreed with Hillary on too many issues, especially Iraq and flag-burning, to vote for her in the primary. If Edwards makes poverty one of his core issues, I'll vote for him. I'll also consider Feingold (who I think is the most honest politician in Washington), and anyone's who's seen Gore's book or his movie on global warming will certainly consider him. As for Kerry, I think if he runs it won't be to win, so much as to set the record straight.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

All good thoughts Patters...

But, the challenges facing our next President are enormous...both globaly and on the domestic level...the world is changing so fast. What I fear from some of these candidates is the learning curve. We don't have a tremendous amount of time for that.

Though Hillary can be too liberal for me at times...I'm willing to sacrifice my conservative principles for the best person for the job. I mean overall qualities and not 1 or 2 issues which is how we got both Bushes.

John Edwards has done alot of international work behind the scene in D.C., so I think his learning curve would be quick. Hillary's been there and the guy telling the joke I heard I think is 1/2 right.

For anyone wishing to see all the possible candidates on one page this link is pretty good...it's from that site I found the other day.

http://www.tray.com/2008presidentialpotentials.htm

From this page...I like these people in this order:
    1: Dem - John Edwards
    2: Dem - Hillary Clinton
    3: Dem - Evan Bayh
    4: Rep - Mitt Romney
    5: Rep - George Allen

I would be surprised if our next President is not on this list (IMO of course).