Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary To Run as an Independant?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jun 4, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Hillary contemplating a Ross Perot :eek:

Never underestimate a scorned woman.:eek:

Wow ... talk about a game 7 ... that would be the ultimate.:rolleyes:

Obama vs Clinton vs McCain .... Holy Moly ............ :rofl:
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

LINK??????? or just speculation?
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You know...that could provide some high, high, damn near transcendental comedy over the summer.

She'd have to leave the D's...then she could caucus with Lieberman...she'd have to spend her own money....

Or she could wind up on the ticket with McCain. Now that would be so funny it would probably put me in a coma...so ya'll might want to root for that...:D
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

If so the nightmare continues.. welcome to the white house president McCain..
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Not happening. There is no way she could get enough votes and would destroy her party.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Good question - I guess it would have to give McCain the win but I think Hillary would do quite well and likely beat Obama; as she is right that she did better in the important "electoral college" states.
  7. Tedy54

Tedy54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hillary is appearing today at AIPAC while Obama is speaking. End anyt thought of an independent run.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I actually thought of that, but NO WAY. Conservatives en masse will sit out this one (evangelicals esp.). There will already be enough of that already. For many Conservatives, like many central democrats in 04, this vote is gonna be a "defensive" vote. Meaning, you're not crazy about the candidate, but they are better than the alternative.

That's a pretty delicate balance. Putting Shrill on the ticket, might switch over 10 million undecided voters, but it's overall loss if it causes 10 million and 1 to stay home. WAY TOO RISKY IMO.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

My guess is she "opts out" quietly, not doing too much to push "her votes" to Obama (who she despises). She'll tow the party line, but she is eyeballing '12.

McCain, if he wins, he is a one and done (age), and she knows it. The Ossiah could be an 8 year project and she knows it. McCain is basically a Blue Dog Dem anyway, so she doesn't doesn't ideologically fear 4 McCain years at all. She only says that, because it makes the base wet.

Her silly "I'd consider the Veep" statement is crap. She said it as a half-hearted reconciliatory statement KNOWING BO is not gonna pick her. Nope, shrill sits quietly, and crossing her fingers for a Obama loss, so next time around she can say "See, you gotta stick with someone that can win".

IT ALL ABOUT SHRILLARY IN HER WORLD. Hillary 12' starts now.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I said the other day that Hillary should be Mccains VP, after the back stabbing screwing her Beloved Blacks and her adoring Far Left Wing Loons gave her she should tell the democrats to pound sand up their a$ses.

Mccain/Hillary would win by the biggest landslide this counrty has ever known, this would also set her up for 2012.

Mccain is both a Democrat and a Republican he and Pant Suit would be unbeatable, they would send the Prince & Princess right back to their "Church" where they could peacefully resume their
    "Jumping And Jiving" with Uncle Jeremiah and Father F-cking Fligger.

:bricks:
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

Hillary won't run as an independent. My guess is that right now she's negotiating with Obama. She has the leverage to extract a few concessions, perhaps the VP slot, perhaps some cabinet posts for key people on her team, perhaps the second most prominent speaking position at the convention, etc. She has a lot of clout given the number of delegates she has amassed, and she's going to use the leverage in the interest of her supporters.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Not! In the interests of HERSELF. ;)
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

You think there's a chance in hell that Obama wants Bill and Hillary on the ticket ? I have a better chance of being his running mate than the Bill and Hillary show do.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

No, I don't think he does, but Obama has been extremely pragmatic in this election. I think he knows he'll have a tough time beating McCain, given McCain's credentials, skin color, and the Republican Party's excellent campaign machine. I think he may decide that he has no choice but to offer Clinton the VP.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

Yeah, but I think they're the same thing. It's sort of like rooting for the Pats. The Pats want to win for their own self interest, but it happens to be in our self interest as well.
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

NO CHANCE. Obama's fortunes will NOT rise and fall on his skin color. By and large (pfather phlager aside :rolleyes: ), most of America will be hung up on that MUCH less then you think.

In fact, us racist conservatives would have probably lined up en masses behind Condi before McCain. Hell, I'd marry her if she were willing ;) . The race issue or the sex issue, is a red herring for the most part. As is abortion, gay rights, etc. won't matter to the people that will win this election for either candidates. These issues don't resonates toward the middle nearly like they do farther out at the wings.

This election will be won in the middle.

If McCain can't convince them he is not Bush Redeux, he loses.

If Obama can't convince them he has good judgement or is not a closet reverse-racist, he loses.

It really is that simple. If race were actually gonna be an issue, Obama would already be gone.

Also, selecting Shrill right now makes it looks like he was "dictated to" by HER. Not exactly Presidential of leaderly of him. It's not gonna happen.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

Oh, I think there are enough bigots in both parties, but especially the Republican (to which the Dixiecrats went), that in a very close election racists could decide the day.

No, I don't believe that. You might have supported Condi, but Republicans just like to name drop their one or two prominent minorities in order to sound inclusive. Condi would have been a dreadful candidate given her complete lack of accomplishment.

He's a weak candidate, and he's already on record defending a lot of Bush's policies. I think that will haunt him when the campaign begins in earnest.

So far Obama's judgment has been excellent, so I'm no sure what you're referring to. As far as reverse racism, McCain just disowned Hagee and Obama disowned his church. That is enough for most people, though both campaigns will try to use that stuff I'm sure.

At the same time, she has the support of roughly half the Democratic electorate. He has to win their votes so that he can focus on winning the undecided. Also, from what I've read, Clinton attracts quite a few Republican professional women, and that's worth an awful lot in a close election. The goal of the election is to win, and I think Obama will do what is necessary.
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Denial is more than the river in Africa my friend. I like you. I admire the passion of your conviction. I don't think that match the reality on the ground, but that's okay. You probably feel the same about me.

We will see.

Besides, BO will lose likely, and that because in addition to fighting McCain, I think he will be fighting Hillary 12' as well. She doesn't care if "one and done" McCain gets in, just practically a Blue-dog Dem anyway.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No chance BO offers HC the VP. Not a chance in hell. The VP position inherently demands total obedience to the President. Obama must be the leader. This country has had enough of the VP actually running the country. No way BO can tolerate waking up every morning and reading about what Billary is saying or doing. Not going to happen, and both sides know that.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

On the other hand, let's remember the immortal words of President Johnson when asked why he didn't fire J. Edgar Hoover, "I've rather have him inside pissing out, then outside pissing in."