Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary takes Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Stokes, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As expected, looks like Hillary won Penn, Fox has made the call. Really won't matter as far as delegates go, especially since like in Texas Obama can pick up more delegates per vote than Hillary due to him winning districts that are more heavily Democrat. Still, this does mean at least a little while longer of the Dem candidates going at each other, good times!

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Wow, she won by 10% too.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

The point is, Obama can't win it without the super delegates either and they've got to be MIGHTY nervous about him right now. McCain will be tough to be if he wins PA and OH and Obama is not a good candidate there.

Let's see how IN goes. This could be very interesting and is far more intricate than just the delegate count.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

It's too bad. I'm getting sick of this race. Both Obama and Clinton are better candidates than McCain, but they are sowing division in the party. I'm hoping that if Obama does extremely well in NC, Clinton will bow out, but that's wishful thinking. Frankly, the only shot McCain has is that Democratic infighting does enough damage that Democrats stay home.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I disagree that losing or winning a state in a primary indicates anything about how a candidate will do in the GE.

My guy did good...16%. What does that say about McCain, BTW?

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Forget NC, Obama needs to give her a big thumping in Indiana for her to drop out but he has proven time and time again that he can't deliver the knockout punch.

That's not at all true. Assuming it's Obama, McCain will likely do very well against Obama's ultra liberal record. Obama has been very week in key stats like PA, OH. Who knows about FL.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm begining to think that Hillary would be a more difficult opponent for McCain, than Obama. Obama does not do well, nor does he poll well versus McCain, in must win states. Hillary polls better in the big states against McCain. This is one crazy election year. While I think Obama has the nomination secured, I can't help but think that the Clintn Machine is going to slime it's way into stealing it. What a disgrace that woman is.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Obama isn't going to win enough delegates to secure the nomination. That's what he gets for not closing the deal and showing weakness in very important states. I think Obama gets the nomination - but if the Super Delegates move it to Hillary, that's what they're there for - to protect the party from what it's leaders see as a weak candidate. And if that's they determination they make about Obama, they are obligated, IMO, to do what's best for the party.

The "will of the people" is changed a little with this long, drawn out process.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

The Mccain people really want Prince Obama to win this side show but they don't dare mention it because the "race baiters" are waiting, they are constantly looking for that one wrong slip of the tongue that will start them Whailing their Racist Bullsh!t.

The Mccain people know as do the "silent Americans" that Prince Barack has been fawned and slobbered over by the Left Wing Media like no other political figure in American History, The Prince is their
    "Politically Correct" DREAM COME TRUE.

The American People are not stupid and Mccain knows this, Mccain will just sit back and wait, it may not be a nice thing to say and many in Public Life wouldn't dare to say it, but, Politically Correct Racism is what will nominate Prince Barack, Mccain knows this and he will be silent, he will just let "sh!t happen" then in November the "silent Americans will vote" Mccain will win.

I don't like Mccain.

After all his beautiful goose bump, fainting speeches we still don't know the "Real Prince" who is he?

The Prince gives speeches that bring on Orgasms to his groupies but nobody knows what the f-ck he's talking about.

Change We Can Believe In read his little signs, what is he going to change, he won't tell us.........
    Barnum & Bailey would love America's "New Prince"

:bricks:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  10. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think this is true, look at who's won what for the Dems, Obama is getting wins in all the places that are pretty surefire red states come November (like in the South, the red parts of the midwest), while Hillary is more popular in the battleground states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Hampshire) as well as the big states (New York, California) that the Dem candidate will 100% need to be elected.

I heard last night (and if I heard it on TV it must be true) that around 25% of Clinton voters would vote for McCain over Obama, which has to be a scary possibility for the DNC.

11. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Even after that story about him throwing down with that new member of Congress that was a former NFL linebacker, then becoming friends? Come on Harry, that's pretty good stuff, right?...

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Well I held my nose and voted for Hillary yesterday.

If Obama is the nominee, no way he takes Pennsylvania in November, without "help" in Philadelphia.

13. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

why would you a conservative/republican vote for hillary?

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Because he can.

15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Because I don't want Obama to be president. Is that clear enough?

16. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

Originally Posted by jack
    why would you a conservative/republican vote for hillary?

And THAT'S what affected the voting yesterday. See; "Limbaugh, Rush" and "Operation Chaos".

These are the same people, btw, who are pontificating about "bringing Democracy" to Iraq.

Some ethical life. What a perverted view of Democracy. The loudest pontificaters of bringing Democracry and Freedom to the world are the biggest vandals against it at home.

17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

:wha:

Look who is a holier than thou, snotty liberal.

Think whatever you want. As a Caucasian and a Jew, I just don't want Obama to be president.

It is my legal right to vote in the primary I wish.

You mf'rs only want freedom when it suits you. No difference between me and some SUPERdelegate.

18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Funny, just a week or so ago there was a story (even posted here in triumph) about how OpChaos wasn't working and Limbaugh was a failure.

Furthermore--why exactly can't he vote in whatever primary he wants?

19. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

What??? "As a Caucasian and a Jew"?????????????

I'm a Caucasian and a Jew. I support Obama based on Obama, not on his race, gender, etc. I vote based on being an American.

That's pathetic that you vote based on your ethnicity. How about using your judgement on the merits of the person?

You wrote what you wrote.

And, btw, why introduce the namecalling? Can't you argue your point convincingly without the slingshot? Frankly, why can't people grow up and argue points without demonizing those that disagree with their opinons by calling them "snotty liberals" or "fascist righties".

20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

Sure he can. But do you believe that is the goal of Democracy? People voting for the WORST (in their view) candidate? Doesn't seem very Patriotic to me.

I would be against it if the Democrat Libs were doing it, too. It would be just as wrong.

Whatever happened to Civic Morality, Ethics and Patriotism?