Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary Clinton...Whoda thunk?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jan 20, 2007.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't think she's electable outside of the Norhteast and Cal. She has way too many skeletons. This is a classic case of "Right gender, wrong person". For the record, I'd be in favor of a good female candidate. I like chicks a lot more than guys, usually (unless they're trying to talk during the game about non-game things). They're definitely beter looking, and they tend to be better with money and are less likely to act against their conscience. My mother, wife, and all my kids are females, so I might be biased. :cool: ...Someone help me!
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Great news for the Neo Cons, now if only they will plaster her picture all over the media for the next year.

Wait till she starts debating the other sh!t heads and starts her Screaming and Shreaking :singing: :singing: oh boy.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

I agree completely, some of my best friends are women, their view of how the world should or does work is refreshing.
  4. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Even if the war is still the same as it is today and Hillary's running against Gingrich, she has no chance to win in at least 35 states.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Clinton or Obama - they both bring the same problem... they can't get elected nationally. So I congratulate the Republicans now for their victory in 2008, I hope the next administration does better than this one.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What a disenchanting field so far: Hillary, Barack (Hussein!) Osama .... I MEAN, O-B-A-M-A (sorry), ... Sam Brownback (who??), Rudy of New York, ... We'll see John Kerry report for duty again, I'm sure; and good ol' boy and friend of Mother Jones earth ALGore will jump in, too, just to keep it interesting. Oh, boy, what fun. :(

Last one standing wins. But, but, .. wait, ... who's that on the horizon ... ??
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, my fortune teller says this is the time of women. They've paid their dues, they're tan, rested, and ready to rock and roll, ... so to speak. No, seriously, you're right: women have a lot of good qualities that would make for an excellent change of pace right about now. Kind of like Faulk or Maroney coming in after "meat tenderizer" Killin' Dillon. But Hill's not the one. She is tainted, inside and out and I would not trust her. There are better women out there for the job.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Hillary has been defined by her detractors, and her campaign will have to find a way to confront the myriad of lies. Of course, if you are against abortion, gay rights, minimum wage hikes, increased funding of VA hospitals, etc., you might not like her. You might be worried about her stand on health care, but Americans more and more believe our health care system is broken. Her record has been consistent and moderate. She won't win over the right wing (and I'm not supporting her in the primary because of her stand on Iraq), but she will be a formidable candidate.

The far right will never vote for her, but they wouldn't vote for any Democrat. I like Edwards, but Obama is an easy second choice. I think Massachusetts is a very sexist state, based on the treatment of Swift and O'Brien, neither of whom were as bad as the media and pundits portrayed. It's interesting to see here how Massachusetts residents are quick to stereotype. Even favorable stereotyping of women can form the basis for rejecting someone.

Let's remember that most of the people elected president were controversial and at one time considered unelectable, including Kennedy (Catholic), Nixon (untrustworthy), Reagan (stupid), Clinton (dishonest), Bush II (stupid). The controversial candidates seem to do a better job of mobilizing their supporters than the blander candidates like Bush I, Ford, Kerry, etc.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

You said it much nicer and more inteligently than I could, the people and myself if I am still around will go to the polls in 2008 and vote for the Republican not because we like him but because we couldn't bring ourselves to vote for the type of person that the democrats insist on nominating, we will do the exact same thing to Obooma & Hillary that we did to Gore/Kerry.

The Democrats want a "Far Left Liberal Progressive" in the White House, the American people do NOT.

Also,
    We will now have to spend a year and a half watching "Billy Blue Dress" gaze adoringly at this wretched women while biting his lip and bobbing his head, he may even start holding hands with her again and start carrying his little bible.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Little" Bible??? The Bible book Bill carries for the cameras is bigger than the Magna Carta. Excellent for photo ops, though. Nice grab for "middle America" there.

Will Paula Jones or Ms. Willy or, possibly, Monica Lewinsky (!!!) be invited to join her campaign ??? After all, this is all about "it's time for women", right Hill? Right Rosie O'Donnell?

It's been said that before God appears with the true way, Satan always sends his false imitation first. One has to wonder which one Hillary represents.

//
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Election 2008:
    What a sideshow these DemocRATS are going to put on for the world when they start bringing out their stable full of left wing screwballs, imagine this little gang of "save the whale nuts" Hero Kerry/Kanuchi/Crazy Gore/Pant Suit Hillary/Pancake Ears Obooma/ on one stage screaming and stamping their little feet about the "melting world" "Dick Cheney's hunting trip" "Bush, Bush, Bush".
    Now today Richardson says he will run, LOL, how will Pant Suit handle this one, she is going to have to do battle with a “Black Guy” & a “Hispanic Guy”, she can’t insult them, if she says one wrong word about Obooma Harry Belafonte and his little gang of Racists will be all over her.

The Spanish Vote will all go Richardson, the Black Vote will all go Obooma, what does that leave for the Democrat Honkies.
    Wouldn’t that be considered Racist if the White Vote all went for Crazy Gore.

Seems to me Old Pant Suit Hillary has quite a problem on her hands (her minority’s won’t be voting for her) after all she and "Blue Dress" have done for them, lol.
    :bricks:
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...........

Here is a guy mentioning how the far right wouldn't vote for her cuz she's a dem. Hmmm...as if the far left would vote for a repub? What's your point Frauders?

Myriad of lies? HA! Hillary is a very bad apple. She is a total fraud. Hmm...no wonder you like her so much.

Yeah, Swift was great. Gotta love those tax payer funded helicopter rides home eh?

The Dems best candidate is probably someone we haven't seen yet. I'd say their most legitimate chance lies in Richardson right now. Edwards, Obama, Clinton, and Kerry, for different reasons, have very little hope in a national election.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Gee, you're having trouble lately understanding me. My point was an obvious one: that Hillary will not try to woo the right wing. It doesn't really matter what they think about her, except in the sense that she has to address their attacks.

The right-wing propaganda machine should use you as a poster boy. You have apparently bought all their lies, and you probably don't even have examples to back up your claim that she's a fraud!

She was attacked unmercilessly. Why isn't Romney being slammed the same way for having had illegal aliens in his employ? There's a double standard.

Yeah, but you're a right-winger whose bought into the lies of the right. Your perspective is too narrow for you to be a judge of what makes a good candidate. The polls show that at least Edwards and Clinton are competitive.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Right Is Right
    :bricks:
  15. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hillary wont get in...Im surprised as it is that New York has been so supportive of her.I am Interested to see how Guiliani and Bloomberg Stack up against her later this year.She is too wishy washy and has NOO Backbone what so damn ever.I'd rather See Nancy Pelosi in there running...
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Hillary's not wishy-washy at all. That's just the portrayal that the right-wing has been hammering her on for years. Her record as a senator is very consistent, and her record as First Lady is also consistent. There are only two issues I know of where she has changed her views. One is the Iraq war, and frankly a lot of politicians are changing their views on that one, and the other is health care, where it's unclear if she's changed her views or has become more pragmatic. On social issues she remains consistently liberal, and that includes military family issues. On economic issues, she comes from the DLC, which is consistently moderate (Lieberman, Kerry, Clinton, etc.). On foreign policy issues, she seems to be much like her husband, pro-globalization and coalition building. I'm not coming to this from as a Hillary supporter, which I'm not, but I do think if she wins the Democratic nomination she'll be far more formidable than the right-wing realizes.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

Um, again X. Romney employed illegal aliens? HA! His landscaper did. So I guess when I order a pizza, and gonzalez comes to the door with it, I should ask him for proof of citizenship or else I'd be employing an illegal to. You are funny man, I'll give you that much.

You can call me all the things that make you feel better PAtters. They make no difference to me, nor will they change the way I view things, which is realistically. You should try doing that some time.

Again, it's January of 2007. You keep reading those polls and telling yourself that Bozo and company have a chance. There are clowns on both sides of the isle who's only hope is that a retard on the other side wins their primary. If Bozo & Crusty the Clown face off in the nationals, then obvioulsy one tardo has to win.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Romney used the company for 8 years and, I think that an anti-immigration governor should set an example on matters like this. He should pay attention to such details. He's not guilty of anything, but being blindsighted, not a good qualification for President (as the current occupant demonstrates).

I'm glad you feel that being called a right-winger is an insult. It means there's hope for you ;)
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

Do you employ any venders? Nstar? Keyspan? Do you order out? Do you buy food from a grocer? Do you buy products from countries that abuse workers, like maybe China? Maybe you own something that was made in a sweatshop? Do you buy oil products of any kind? If so, according to your logic, you've most likely hired illegals, contributed to the maltreatment of human beings, empowered human rights violators, and funded terrorism.

I couldn't care less what people call me. I'm confident enough in my own charactor that outside assumptiosn and allegations mean very little. I've been called a liberal by a couple of California libertarians before, so that you feel I'm a right winger is not a surprise. The Libertarians were incensed that I supported gun control, safety regualtions, drivers licenses, auto insurance requirements, and building codes. My positions I guess were less than right-wing to them.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

(1) I have a different stand on illegal immigration than you do. (2) I'm not running for President. (3) My point was that Romney was treated differently than Swift. If Swift had been employing illegal immigrants, I feel certain that the issue would have been far more thoroughly vetted.

Well, even in this forum, compared to Harry Boy, PFIEL and a couple others, I'd say you're relatively moderate, but in general your kneejerk defense of Republicans and their policies and kneejerk attacks on Democrats and their policies makes me think you're rather right-wing.