Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary and Barbara Boxer have the "fix" for America: kill talk radio

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Appearing on John Ziegler's evening show on KFI 640 AM in LA, U.S. Senator James Inhofe says he overheard Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) and Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) saying they want a "legislative fix" for talk radio.

What we saw with Janet Reno and Waco, with the Clintons using the U.S. military to take Elian Gonzalez from America and send him to Fidel Castro's Cuba -- that was just the preamble to what these folks would like to do to ALL Americans.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2042.html

//

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +375 / 11 / -28

We need to have more discussions on hearsay information, I am sure that Hillary and Nancy had this discussion (if they really did do this) so that an Oklahoma Republican could hear it.

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think Hillary and her soulmate, Boxer, have a *lot* more in mind than "discussions" about what is said on radio talk shows. I think they want to censor talk radio. How can somebody use the term "liberal" to identify themselves when they zealously work to STIFLE the rights of others to speak their minds?? It's another example of co-opting nice words, like "liberal" or "gay", and using them for completely opposite purposes. George Orwell was right. We are in "1984" and the "Animal Farm" is here.

//

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I heard somethying about it yesterday but if Hillary had her way about it I might not have heard it at all. I was listening to talk radio on my way home from work. The discussion was on the timing of this and how Hillary wants the disenting voices silenced during her run for the presidency. That link didn't work for me by the way.

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As a contemporary of Bill and Hillary -- I may have met Hillary on a road trip to Wellesley, way back when -- I can tell you that our generation had/still has a lot of hopes and expectations of actually doing something to create a better, even an ideal, world. The influences that poured out from heaven during the 50s and 60s were palpable. You could feel it in the air.

The problem is: without God there is absolutely no way to improve the situation. This is proven throughout history. No leader, no group, no culture has *ever* made a lasting improvement on society or the world without an absolutely rock-solid basis in God as the foundation.

Hillary is coming from the humanistic side, whereas Geo Bush and the Repub are coming a *little* more from the religious side, yet neither side really has the grasp of what God is doing in the world today, or where God wants to lead us.

Aspiring leaders of this age, no matter what place on the spectrum they occupy, absolutely need God's guidance to see the way out of the mess this world is in. Without God we will be reduced to man against man yet again, as tired and worn out a scenario as there ever was. Today's secular humanistic domination is as sure a path to destruction of all the blessings we have received until now. It is visible every single day, from the streets of America to Iraq.

I know we can do much, much better than that.

//

6. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

just to show im "fair and balanced" (as I defended the "righties" in Harry's thread about the mob attack), here, i think this laughable when "righties" get all up in arms about liberals talking about cleaning up the airwaves.

in general, its conservatives who fight to get things thrown off the air, lets be honest here.

usually, the only time a liberal will fight for censorship is if it has anything to do with mentioning Jesus Christ in a positive light. But other than that......

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Cleaning up the airwaves? The left can start 1000 stations if they want to compete with their voice. You want to have the tallest building then build it. Don't tear everyone elses down until you have the tallest one remaining.

Of course we're up in arms. How can you possibly support this?

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It is FAR, FAR broader than you have said here, 3 to be 4. I'm a Unificationist, which is a spiritual movement founded by Rev. Moon. I witnessed with my own eyes how the New York Times and the Washington Post both cropped photos of 350,000 people attending a rally on the Washington DC Mall in 1976 and ran headlines saying 25,000 or 30,000 people attended. And this kind of thing went on for years and years and years.

I have seen what MANY in the media have done toward virtually ALL religious people, from portraying them as fascist bigots on the one hand to limp-wristed fops on the other. Religious folk are generally portrayed in the media as "out of touch", "hopelessly sentimental", afraid of "thinking for themselves", and/or fatally narrow-minded. Yeah, I know these attributes do apply under some circumstances, but an AWFUL LOT of good things that religious people have done has gone ignored or pooh-poohed by the media purely on the grounds of anti-religious bias and bigotry by those in power.

I don't even agree with most talk radio. Rush Limbaugh publicly dissed my faith a few months ago, Pat Robertson calls my faith a "dangerous cult", and Jerry Falwell used to laugh a lot when speaking of our movement; but I STILL defend their rights to stay on the air and say what they want, if they can afford to do so.

Censoring the one remaining source of free speech, the radio waves, would be the final nail in the coffin for America, or perilously close to it.

//

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Drudge has it on his Headline.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +375 / 11 / -28

that gives credibility to a hearsay conversation, I believe it now.

11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

I would guess the legislative fix is to require more balance or more diverse ownership of media in different regions. It's not censorship.

Anything for politics, ay Fog? Let's take Elian from his father to score some political points; so what if it breaks up his family.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

I left the democratic party years ago because of bastards like these two Skanks (Hillary/Boxer)

Don't let the left wing fool you, they aren't the kind caring fuzzy freedom people that they would like you to think they are. When they can't have their own way they are cruel vicious nasty scum.

Don't worry though, they won't shut Talk Radio up not in this day and age but it is good they are trying it shows them up for the phony's they are.

They tried to get in on it (Talk Radio) and nobody listened to their Liberal Crap, they failed they all went out of buisness.

IF THEY CAN'T DO IT THEY DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE DOING IT

WHEN THE NAZIS AND THE COMMUNISTS DON'T LIKE WHAT YOUR SAYING THEY SHUT YOU UP

REMEMBER HOW THE LIBERALS USED TO SPREAD THIS ONE AROUND WHEN THEY WERE PUFFING THEIR CHESTS UP ABOUT FREE SPEECH
    "I MAY NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING BUT I WILL DEFEND WITH MY LIFE YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT" YEAH RIGHT
    :singing: :singing:

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

1) There will never be a "legislative" fix as long as there is no change in peoples' values orientation. As long as the society places greater value on material gain and personal profit at the expense of the public good, it is doomed to failure no matter what laws are passed. Even Congressmen/women break the laws they pass every day. ("Hey, how'd that 90 grand get in my freezer??!!" said Congressman Jefferson.)

2) Elian *had* family to take raise him in America, a land where he could have infinitely MORE opportunity to grow up with a chance to find God than under Castro's communistic dictatorship which routinely executes "enemies of the revolution" (those who have to go to the toilet in the middle of guerrilla training lectures, and those who defy the government by raising a few pigs on the side.) A member of the Unification movement was once in training in Cuba (before he met our movement) and saw this happen; so he quietly waited for his chance to leave and got out. Wasn't easy.

//

14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

The Liberals had their chance with Air America and the people spoke (by not listening).

Your solution is bull. How about requiring ownership and editors of newpapers and the top three networks to be more representative of both sides of the political spectrum.

CRY BABIES.

15. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've never been a fan of talk radio, but if it's pissing off so many people in the government I'm all for it. One day we are going to have to look at a re-allocation of the spectrum, and I say that's my technical rather than political side speaking, but there's something that tells me that their idea of reallocation is different from mine.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I don't listen either. I probably hear about 10 minutes of Rush a week, usually in the car I listen to Sport Talk or my ipod.

Regarding Patters' ownership thing, how much do you want to bet these liberals are going to want to subsidize liberals who own/buy radio stations.

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

I think the talk folks are getting upsey because Hillary and Pelosi are setting the stage to try to reintroduce the 'Fairness Doctrine'. The Clinton's gofer John Podesta did a report for Hill through Think Progress about why talk radio is 'dominated' by Conservative talk radio folks.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/20/radio-report

They call more 'diversity' in radio ownership. They fail to acknowledge the failure of liberials in the medium (remember all the $$$ Soros put into Air America??? or the failure of people like M Cuomo on radio??).

The Libs can't deal with not being able to control all media. They dominate TV news/opinion and of couse the printed media.

Talk radio has been dominated by conservatives for 2 reasons. When the fairness doctrine was repealed there was a opening for conservatives to get their POV out that didn't exist on TV. There has also grown up a group of Hosts who are entertaining and funny as well as informative, Rush L was the midel here.

Owners want revenue and don't care how they get it, Libs haven't generated $$$ the Lib talkers haven't, don't need a stastical study to understand this.

This is an attempt to restrict political speech legislatively.

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Again I agree with you and you word it much better than the sh!t I spew out.

If people in the Government and Vicious Ruthless Bastards like Hillary/Boxer want Talk Radio Silenced (Nazis) then Talk Radio is striking a nerve and doing something right.

The American People Put The Left Wing Talk Radio Out Of Business, "THEY DIDN'T LISTEN".

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

I agree with you, but I tend to think the materialistic view is more in keeping with Republican values than Democratic ones. Democrats are more willing to ask people to sacrifice so as to build a better society (e.g., help kids, make cities safer, provide healthcare). That said, Dems certainly have their fair share of corrupt and greedy people

I think it's very strange that you of all people do not side with the father, who was a decent man from all accounts, though he was exploited by Castro in the same way that the right-wing exploited Elian here. At any rate, Castro won the revolution, and the political oppression is not nearly as extreme as it once was. Life in Cuba may lack the material advantages that you a moment ago disparaged, but at least there's lower crime and free health care. Sure, I want to see democracy and freedom there, but I would say among the non democratic states, Cuba's government is one of the more civilized.

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Newsflash for the retarded: Forcing radio stations to play fewer conservative talk show programs is censorship, pure and simple. You know it. I know it. You're just too much of a liberal tool to admit it.