Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hillary 39% goes to the 5-Wide to beat back Obama 36%

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jan 8, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Pant-suit (get a dress) Hillary storms right back.

Women must be pissed of about Iowa because they put her over the top.
    figures like 50% favorable to Hillary and the rest spread out @35% Obama ... (figures may be off)

This is Patriots vs Colts to the end ... hopefully Obama becomes the Bills ... then Jets ... then Dolphins.

Hillary is the Patriots IMO.:D

Like I said several years ago ... I could live with Hillary as President.
    I like Edwards the best but he really has no chance ... maybe VP though.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Looks like the washed up feminists of the 60's have their candidate. :rolleyes:

Hillary is a great choice.... if it's the Democrats' objective to lose their majority in Congress.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Got to throw some credit to Pelosi for trying to achieve that.
  4. WIPatriots

WIPatriots Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ouch. Apparently, you think that the Hillary can win the border states like Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania where she is much disliked.

I live in Wisconsin and my liberal pediatrician pro-choice wife cannot stand the thought of her in the white house and told me a few minutes ago that she would vote for McCain (pro-life/pro-war) over Hillary in the general election. (This anecdote is backed up by national statistics. Her negatives are extremely high in the states that matter. How high will they be after the Republicans start reminding us about the downside of the Clinton years?)

Remember: The rest of the country is not Massachusetts.

She has no shot in the general election. None. People will pull out polls showing she can win a majority head-to-head against any Republican, but you know as well as I that in a general election she will be torn apart by the Republican machine and she does not have the charisma to compensate.

Like it or not, Obama or Edwards are the only two who can win this thing.

Sadly, this election might be up to Edwards. If he bows out before Super Tuesday, Obama will win the democratic nomination. If not, he and Obama might combine to put Hillary on the Republican chopping block. Remember, Hillary is rarely anyone's second choice, especially in the non-blue states.

As an liberal-leaning independent, I cannot stand the thought of another Republican in office; but if the choice is between "Clinton Royalty" and a man who suffered through Hanoi Hilton and did not give up his comrades, there really is no choice at all. Issues will not matter.

Neither will a woman's tears.

Give me a candidate with passion and leadership, like Edwards or Obama, then you might get my border state vote.

5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yayy Hillary, We're not all rooting for Obama in the Republican party NEM! Don't forget we're all sexist in addition to being racist, so either way we're OK.;)
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Interesting development and suspect some has to do with the women vote who are getting pissed off the way that the press are treating her and this may sway quite a few people. The whole Hillary emotional thing, has happened to a lot of men on the trail also.. the difference is that this was ignored by the press while Hillary's moment was played up big and portrayed as weakness.

I do not like Hillary, think I like Obama more.. but if the press continue to beat her up for what looks like issues unique to being a woman, then I suspect this will work in her favor.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Obama would be tougher to beat nationally for the pubs, than Hillary, IMO. Why? Cuz Obama has the ability to energize people, speak positivley, and is a much better speaker which enables him to deflect criticism in a manner which Hillary can't. Every candidate is flawed, but Hillary's are more exploitable. Had she lost yesterday it was over, but now, I think she moves slightly ahead again. What an interesting primary so far.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It has been a real interesting primary. It still seems wide open to me. For the Dems, obviously it's between Hillary or Obama, but who knows what way it will go. As for the Pubbies, it's open among much more people; depending on super tuesday, McCain, Guiliani, Hucakbee, or Romney could emerge. Personally, I think only McCain or Guiliani match up well against Hillary and Obama, but again, it seems like this election process is throwing out all expectations and conventions.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

What's really crazy is that if the election were tomorrow, I don't know who I would vote for. That's really amazing, and I don't think that's a good thing either. Even worse, I'm not alone by a long shot. There are tons of people who don't know, just like me.

Imagine if Romney wins Michigan, Thomspon (highly unlikely but he is a southerner) somehow steals SC, and Rudi takes Florida. :eek: What a crazy, crazy race. That's besides the 50/50 going on in the Dem race.