PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower Regression

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not putting it on Collins but I do think that Spikes not even registering an assist is unacceptable. He is a 4th year player and he is going the other way as a player. Last season he forced 5 fumbles and was one of the most feared run stoppers in the NFL, this season he hasn’t forced a fumble and is inconsistent on a week over week basis.

Collins played ok in coverage made 1 really good play but other than that the LBs were unimpressive outside of Hightower who had a solid overall game.

Not to make excuses for Spikes, but you do realize he has been playing hurt for most of the season, right? He's been noticeably limping for weeks. I wouldn't call that a regression of skills. However, you can make a pretty good case about whether he should even be out there if the injury is limiting his play that much.

BUT he weighed 270 while at Bama. Maybe hes hurt or maybes because hes the qbing the defense he thinking to much instead of just reacting.

He's trying to fill Mayo's role, which doesn't play to his strongsuit and he's also too heavy to play LB in the 4-3. Hightower is more ideally suited as an ILB in the 3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes