PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower issued #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Donta Hightower has been issued #54, i guess this puts to rest whether Watters is coming back

Hightower to wear No. 54 - I4U News

September, 3, 2012 Sep 3 1:10 PM ET FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Rookie Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower has been issued jersey No. 54, which was previously donned by Tedy Bruschi and Brian Waters. The jersey switch from No. 45 to 54 -- which is necessary b ...

Last edited:
Donta Hughtower has been issued #54, i guess this puts to rest whether Watters is coming back

Hightower to wear No. 54 - I4U News

September, 3, 2012 Sep 3 1:10 PM ET FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Rookie Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower has been issued jersey No. 54, which was previously donned by Tedy Bruschi and Brian Waters. The jersey switch from No. 45 to 54 -- which is necessary b ...

every time something happens related to Waters people think a decision has been made. The best one was when Curran tweeted that some Nike gear was put in his locker and everyone decided that meant he was a lock to return. Issuing his number to another player certainly seems to be a stronger indication that a decision has been made but who knows. Until they say he is or isn't coming back, we don't know.

I think the Pats are still waiting to hear from the guy and I think he's just dragging his feet for whatever reason.

There is only one "54" on the Pats. All others are imposters.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
I am just afraid its a money issue. That wouldnt be BB:s style to up the ante in this way.
Waters having a Probowl year equals better contract in his agents ear.

Too bad, offensive line is a mess imho.

Last edited:
I am just afraid its a money issue. That wouldnt be BB:s style to up the ante in this way.
Waters having a Probowl year equals better contract in his agents ear.

Too bad, offensive line is a mess imho.

It does seem that way. I always assumed he was coming back after camp, but now I'm guessing this is actually a holdout (just not one of the typical attention grabbing ones). Probably more of a, "Look, if you give me more money, it's worth it to put my body through another season. If you don't, I might as well just retire."

As for the OL being a mess, I think we're better equipped to cover for the loss of Waters on the inside than we are if either Solder or Vollmer goes down. Hopefully they stay healthy (which in Vollmer's case might be a long shot).

every time something happens related to Waters people think a decision has been made. The best one was when Curran tweeted that some Nike gear was put in his locker and everyone decided that meant he was a lock to return. Issuing his number to another player certainly seems to be a stronger indication that a decision has been made but who knows. Until they say he is or isn't coming back, we don't know.

I think the Pats are still waiting to hear from the guy and I think he's just dragging his feet for whatever reason.
Waters has ALWAYS worn #54 so i think giving the number away is telling. Since he hasn't officially retired he could be holding out.

Would think that Bruschi would have given his blessing..

But it appears that Waters is just a memory..

Waters has ALWAYS worn #54 so i think giving the number away is telling. Since he hasn't officially retired he could be holding out.

Pretty much how I feel. I think he's gone....hope I'm wrong.

Let's just hope he doesn't end up signing with the Jets if the Pats release him.

Let's just hope he doesn't end up signing with the Jets if the Pats release him.

i could see that happening...but they would still suck so it really wouldn't matter

Sounds like the rumors are that he wants to play in Texas to be close to home. Who knows??? For the moment...let's go Dan Connolly!!

Maybe Waters is waiting for Brady to get knocked around on Sunday in hopes it will crack Kraft's wallet a little wider.

Last edited:
From todays chat:

Kevin Chapman (New York, New York)

Ted, I am so Sorry that the Pat's gave your number away. That is such a CRIME. You gave the team and us fans your all for 13 years, yes you got paid well. But that number should have retired with you.I work in TV myself,as one of the stars of the CBS show Person Of interest. I could be placing myself in harms way for speaking my mind on this topic, since Mr Kraft has strong CBS ties, but I will roll the dice on this. You are the only 54 to ever play in New England and that is my view,and THANK YOU...

Tedy (2:12 PM)

I appreciate the sentiment, Kevin. But the No. 54 needs to be worn and it needs to be worn by a 'backer. The Patriots contacted me before they gave Dont'a Hightower No. 54. They didn't have to do that, but they did. I appreciated that. The No. 54 was great to me, and what I told them was that I wish Hightower a long career wearing it, and I hope it brings him the same great fortune it brought me.

Tedy Bruschi - always a class act.

I liked seeing the Kid wearing 54 and flying around the football all day yesterday. It's as it should be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back