Welcome to PatsFans.com

High gas prices fuel demand for smaller cars

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Apr 27, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

Imagine a gang banger stealing one of these then running from the cops, his "homeys' would run him right out of the "hood", imagine Michael Moore & Al Boob Gore riding to a Global Warming Meeting in one of them. :bricks:

4. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What happened to all the great car designers of the past, nothing original anymore just bubbles with mirrors sticking out the side. With all the great cad cam systems of today it's a shame this crap is what these high priced desigers can only come up with. I understand the need for better economy but why does every stinking fuel efficient car look like something out of a pixar kids movie!:mad:

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I've seen some cars,one electric that was similar to a corvette, it also went from 0-60 in a little more than 5 seconds. I was impressed. I've also seen some Honda accords that are gas/electric. So they don't have to look like a fishbowl.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's funny how Toyota is always bragging about their green products like the Prius,
    [​IMG]
    while they sell these at the same time:
    [​IMG]

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

The Japs will come up with something good those jerks in Detroit have had their day their arrogance and greed did them in.

Come away with me Lucile
    In my merry Oldsmobile

:bricks:

8. Bigdogx

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think i have seen that also, Jay Leno was driving it and it had amazing torque, basically instantly, only problem is i think it cost well over 100 grand.

Couple that with batteries that are just not efficient enough and after 5 or so years need replacing which cost more then a complete gasoline engine and will leave dead batteries that are far far worse then any gasoline emissions vehicle to our environment. And really electricity has become more expensive then fuel, so you will most likely in the long run spend more for a electric powered car then a gasoline type one. Electric cars have come a long long way but have miles to go before they become any kind of standard in this world.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

The free market at work. Gas costs too much, you have the option of buying a more fuel efficient car.

10. Bigdogx

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It was high up union reps who are doing them in, the line workers have been streamlined for sometime now, it's the bosses in the plant who don't lift a finger and make all the other union workers to look bad.

This is apart of our collapsing economy problem, is people who think the same as yourself who might of got burned in the past and never looked back.

The truth is American makes are just as good these days and in a lot of cases better then Japans products. The proof is everywhere, no body's had more recalls and problems in the last few years then Toyota, that big hunk of crap tundra pictured above, has had everything from both overhead cams snapping in half trashing the engine, and also the great 6 speed that grenades on people wasting a transmission that cost over 7 grand to replace before they have even made a payment. They had a over 100 page post of people who have had this trans problem and that was over a year ago, i can imagine how many it is up to now.

Lets not forget them forgetting to protect the entire underside of the chassis on Tacoma's which are now snapping in half, yes you heard that right a 3 year old truck is having problems snapping in two, yup great Toyota quality right there.

I have had my newer gm truck now for 3 years and have been to the dealer once for a steering shaft re-lube and a bcm computer update for a total of 35 minutes, really American made products are extremely reliable and well built these days. It just a shame that many Americans are to ignorant to even give what they have a look and go and send their thousands off to japan without even giving their own countries products a look!

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm getting one of each. When consumption goes down from driving electrics, the demand for gas drops and the price falls. Then I put the electric away and drive the Excalade until the gas prices go back up, then out comes the Prius...
    I got this all figured out.:confused:

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

If they invent a car that gets 200 miles per gallon gas will cost $300 per gallon.

The only way to handle this situation is to start tipping cars over, burn your house down, throw rocks at the cops, steal TV's and break into liquor stores, that always gets results.

:bricks:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Sounds like a plan Harry. Where did you get it from? :rolleyes:

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The less fuel you use the lower the demand will be. The US is the largest users of gasoline by far. If we reduce our demand, the price will go down. That is why the oil companies oppose to the death any increase in the fuel efficiency standards. They would lose fortunes if the standard went up 5 mpg's.

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Or you could always move to Paris. :D

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

Hopefully they siphpn the gold from the tank before tipping it out.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 5 / -10

No Comment
    :p