hey

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I just noticed this new forum and wanted to be the first one to post something. I have a question...

Why isn't Lacrosse more popular? its kind of like hockey, but you do not have to know how to skate...like soccer, but you carry a stick and can hit people with it. I love it, but wonder why it has not caught on?

I just noticed this new forum and wanted to be the first one to post something. I have a question...

Why isn't Lacrosse more popular? its kind of like hockey, but you do not have to know how to skate...like soccer, but you carry a stick and can hit people with it. I love it, but wonder why it has not caught on?

Feel free to start one Boston Boxer ... I want lots of threads here... :p

Why isn\\\'t Lacrosse more popular? its kind of like hockey, but you do not have to know how to skate...like soccer, but you carry a stick and can hit people with it. I love it, but wonder why it has not caught on?

LaCrosse is a great game. The indoor variety is far more exciting than the outdoor one, IMO as a spectator.

For that matter, as far as American sports fans are concerned, I think that the indoor version of soccer was very exciting too, compared to the outdoor version.

Americans love scoring in their sports and sitting through 0-0 or 1-0 soccer games is a total bore.

Most teams in the MLS for example score less than an average of one goal per game over the course of a season.

Now, I realize that there is great skill involved in soccer, and I do watch it on occassion sometimes to see how the revs are doing but trying to get into a 0-0 game is pretty hard.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I was surfing through the sports channels earlier today and when I hit one of the ESPNs they had a MLL game on between the Rochester Rattlers and Boston Cannons.

It was being played at Harvard Stadium.

It was tied 13-13 in the 4th quarter. Don't know who won cause I changed station to the news.

Was interesting to watch.

http://www.bostoncannons.com/

]

Last edited:
Like every other sport in America, it is overshadowed by football.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back