Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey wes, Dow was up 290 points, why no post on it?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +656 / 7 / -2

Just curious pal. :D

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

RW ... The democrats cheer the Dow going up about as much as iraq progress.

Funny thing is ... when this Fannie & Sallie Mae debacle is scrutinized ... we will learn that is was pressure from democrats that caused most of the mess. Pressure to give mortgages to people who had no right having them ... plain and simple.

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 11 / -7

Ah yeah, FBN, scrutinized to the extent that you remember the names of the GSEs you're talking about? Fannie and Freddie.

I suppose if you call a reaction on the market cheering taxpayers' exposure to 5 trillion dollars of liability that would otherwise be shouldered by the GSEs, this is great happy news.

Oh and don't get your panties in a wad about how all 5 trillion isn't bad debt. It's not necessary that it all be.

Well, the Dems have long wanted these guys under the wing of the Feds to prevent just such abusive lending practices. So, we've seen how deregulated mortgage lending worked. Speculative bubble. Time to see how a regulated market works... AFTER the fat cats walk away with their millions or billions.

PFnV

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

It's sort of like when RW posted the thread about Edwards being caught with a mistress, but didn't post a thread about McCain's adultery or the Palin family's practice of premarital sex.

It's sort of like when RW posted a thread showing Nader at 6%, but didn't post one showing him at 2%.

It's sort of like when RW posted a thread about Howard Dean calling the Republican Party the white party, but did not post a thread when the Republican convention had only about 36 blacks out of 3000 delegates.

You see, RW, I think Wes, like most of us, would admit he's partisan, and you may be the only one in this forum living under the delusional belief that you are not partisan.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think Wes is still be debating if he should post about the trooper that used a taser on that 10 year old kid up in Alaska. Such a juicy anti-police topic ....but probably not worth it due to the Palin sypmathy it would create.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +656 / 7 / -2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

So McLame cheated on his current wife and lied to the public about it? When did that happen? I must have missed that. [​IMG] Oh, it's publican knowledge and happened 30 years ago. Ah.....

Nader? Who's he? [​IMG]

Only 36 blacks at the RNC? What's that got to do with the price of oranges? [​IMG]

Patters, if that's the best you can do, then I thank you. ;)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +656 / 7 / -2

My point was that the stock market's rise, or fall, in any single day, is irrelevent to the overall economy. Posting that the Dow rose 290 points on Monday, is as dumb as posting it dropped 300+ points on Friday. That was my point. With the Dow having a numerical value, it's niether Dem, nor repub, or left & right. So posting that it being down one day, as important news, would therefore mean that it rising on another is too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Don't mention it, but it's fishing in an aquarium to point out conservative hypocrisy ;)

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +656 / 7 / -2

Fishing in an aquarium? [​IMG]

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,358 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

sounds like something a republican would do .. so cruel .. :rofl: