Hey Troy Brown, How's That?, Love and Kisses, Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It had to be said.

Lloyd had a great game yesterday. That's what he can bring to this team. Run a nice variety of routes, catch the ball on third down and occasionally make a big play.

I love Troy. If the fire under your pants is too hot, go out and do something. Love Troy.:)

Moderation at it's finest.

Troy had a point (just as former players did about another WR last season) and he knows more about the inner workings of this team and that unit and their QB's mindset than anyone here ever will. It's week 14 and the light bulb finally went on. It's never about what you as a player believe works for you, it's about what works for us as in the team. Like he said, it was time for Lloyd to step up and be the weapon the team and his QB needed him to be. A playmaker.

It had to be said.

What Brandon did last night was exactly what we brought him here to do. Lets be honest lately we haven't seen too much of last night. Lets hope he keeps it up...theres more games to play. Kudos to Troy Brown for calling him out, way to answer your critics Brandon even I.:cool:

Last edited:
What Brandon did last night was exactly what we brought him here to do. Lets be honest lately we haven't seen too much of last night. Lets hope he keeps it up...theres more games to play. Kudos to Troy Brown for calling him out, way to answer your critics Brandon even I.:cool:

So you're not hoping to replace him with Branch this week? ;)

Troy Brown can say whatever he wants in my book. The guy should never have to buy a drink ever again in this town and is probably one of the most under rated players of those superbowl teams. Guy ALWAYS came up big. He sets the standard for Patriots slot receivers, IMO.

Troy Brown can say whatever he wants in my book. The guy should never have to buy a drink ever again in this town and is probably one of the most under rated players of those superbowl teams. Guy ALWAYS came up big. He sets the standard for Patriots slot receivers, IMO.

Amen to that.

I'm as big a Troy fan as anyone - - right from the time Parcells rode him about his PR fumbling problems while cutting him twice in the early to mid '90's.

He has been critical of Lloyd, but that's his job as an analyst.

My initial thread title was meant to be humorous, but was over the top. I have now edited it.

I love Troy Brown and everything he did for this team. That being said, Troy does NOT know what the game plans were the previous weeks. We all KNOW that BB and Co. have used Moss/Lloyd/Etc as a decoy at times during games to open up other people. Now, that can't be said for the 1 game that Lloyd had butterfingers, but the other games it can be. None of us, including Troy, can know for certain.

A lot of people in the media need to eat a lot of crow on Lloyd. Ty Law, John Dennis, Gerry Callahan, Tony Mazz, and Michael Felger come to mind for slamming Lloyd all week.

I rather focus on one kudos to Greg A Bedard who correctly shot down in a column last week the theory that the Pats were phasing Lloyd out of the offense and it was a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
A lot of people in the media need to eat a lot of crow on Lloyd. Ty Law, John Dennis, Gerry Callahan, Tony Mazz, and Michael Felger come to mind for slamming Lloyd all week.

I rather focus on one kudos to Greg A Bedard who correctly shot down in a column last week the theory that the Pats were phasing Lloyd out of the offense was a bunch of crap.

Amen to that.

Bedard shed a lot of light in that column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes