PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Before you start whining about how 83 was such a great teamate, suck it up and count all your money, since your the one who started this Im going to hold out until I get some more money ... I know your a great player , and a great leader, but I dont see you offering some of your salary to keep him...

Last edited:
Sean Pa Patriot said:
Before you start whining about how 83 was such a great teamate, suck it up and count all your money, since your the one who started this Im going to hold out until I get some more money ... I know your a great player , and a great leader, but I dont see you offering some of your salary to keep him...

Because it's impossible to both be sad that someone is leaving and understand it.

I wish Pats fans had half the perspective that players do about this sort of stuff. You guys get all wound up over players wanting more money when you aren't directly affected by it. Half the guys who are bummed that Branch is leaving are guys who could possibly be directly affected by paying more for a player from a limited pool of funds from which they get their paychecks and possible pay raises.

Last edited:
I was going to post the exact same thing. First of all, he should be a professional and not talk about this situation by saying things like "Business is business. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I don’t see that we won today."

Support your team and management. You can express disappointment over the loss of a friend to another team but don't come out and express that "He thought back to the eve of the 2003 opener, when the Patriots released popular safety Lawyer Milloy and then were trounced, 31-0, in Buffalo. “This is worse times five, six - I don’t know - times 83”

You are the Frickin cause of all this with your hold out last year. You should know that Deion emulated you because he thought he could get an extension like yours. You should also know that since you did get that extension, it's time for you to act like the captain that you are and show that you are really mature enough to lead this team like Mike Vrabel is.

Get over it and quit your whining.

This is the link to the article by the way: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=157109&srvc=art

Last edited:
I'm with fnord... come on, guys. The deal is done. So let Deion move on, and don't turn on Seymour. I take it they were friends and coworkers, and Sey thought Branch would be back... You know how most of the time if someone is let go at a workplace, you just sort of laugh and go on -- but then sometimes you individually feel, oh my God they did WHAT? I guess that's what Sey's feeling.

Now I do have to say I thought Branch was being a whiney little beeyotch by the end, but screw it. Both Brady and Sey have been public about their feelings, which is pretty uncharacteristic for the Pats. Evidently they're feeling the stress of this one more than, say, Willie Mac or Adam. Or maybe it just seems that way at the moment of making a move.

I think Sey's just like Brady at heart, they can "get the rug pulled out" emotionally by something like this, but it's business and they know that. None of this seems to compete with winning for these guys - at least we (the fans) hope not.

I was surprised at Sey's comments too, and I'm sure the organization will get heavy handed about it if they haven't already. But don't go after everybody else because Branch held out and started grasping for straws at the end.

Hey, maybe it's 5, 6, 83 times worse because Sey was the reason Branch thought he could cash in? Regardless, time to move on and win some games. You reading, Sey?

PFnV

Last edited:
But did they think he was just going to come back,and everything is hunky dory??? It should not be such a shock to them , Lawyer Milloy was a shock...

Apparently with the exception of this holdout, Deione Branch was the ultimate Patriot and the ultimate teammate. Not to mention a tremendous talent on the field.

Don’t let your emotions run away and go after Sey with a highly emotional post. Do you remember Tedy Bruschi’s comments after Lawyer Milloy was dealt? His exact words were “This organization is a joke and I’m embarrassed to play for them”. He went on to mention how he now represents AZ and his high school team (Roseville, CA) and he know longer considers himself a NE Patriot. Did you slam Tedy in a post back then?

Players like players that buy into the Patriots way and give their heart and soul to an organization.

Last edited:
just an emotional reaction, once they get hit on the field in the next game , they will move on..its natural.
i dont think BB will enforce any kind of muzzle on this. like the milloy situation he will let it play out its time.

zoostation said:
Apparently with the exception of this holdout, Deione Branch was the ultimate Patriot and the ultimate teammate. Not to mention a tremendous talent on the field.

Don’t let your emotions run away and go after Sey with a highly emotional post. Do you remember Tedy Bruschi’s comments after Lawyer Milloy was dealt? His exact words were “This organization is a joke and I’m embarrassed to play for themâ€. He went on to mention how he now represents AZ and his high school team (Roseville, CA) and he know longer considers himself a NE Patriot. Did you slam Tedy in a post back then?

Players like players that buy into the Patriots way and give their heart and soul to an organization.

I don't remember this:confused:

mtbykr said:
I don't remember this:confused:

yeah, i don't remember anything even remotely close to that...i call bull****.

SVN said:
just an emotional reaction, once they get hit on the field in the next game , they will move on..its natural.
i dont think BB will enforce any kind of muzzle on this. like the milloy situation he will let it play out its time.
Does that mean we will lose to the Jets 31-0.

Seymour just showed his disappointment in Branch leaving. He and the other guys are entitiled to one day to get this off their chest. They don't practice again until tomorrow and by then no one will be saying anything about the situation.

It's amazing to me that the same posters here that whine and cry at the drop of a hat are jumping on these guys for having one day to vent their disappointment.

I lied, it's really not amazing to me.

I must say I was disappointed in Seymour, well just a bit, I can understand missing Deion which is perfectly fine to say but this "the players are being screwed" undercurrent is wrong to imply. He got his money and Deion did too but somewhere else. Belichick and Pioli made a business decision based on what they thought was best for the team not Deion Branch. Sometimes you've got to break some eggs to make a omelet and if they gave into every player that plays the "I'm not showing up until you cave" camp they'd soon become emeshed in total chaos. Do we really want the Patriots to have to deal with holdouts? Paying way too much money to one player and leaving the money short for the rest of the team? I know I don't. We'll miss Deion certainly and I wish we had depth at WR going into the season but "it is what it is" and we'll deal with it. I'm tired of these players trying to shoot their way out of town. Deion's happy and Seattle was dumb enough to cave to the Patriots demand of that first round pick. In the end it's the draft picks that will keep this team competitive for many years not overpaying Deion Branch.:cool:

Last edited:
grapedog said:
yeah, i don't remember anything even remotely close to that...i call bull****.
It's not BS - he did say that. He then went on to negotiate a new contract with the Patriots below market rates because, he said, he loved this team and the fans.

It's just an emotional reaction, and to Seymour's credit he didn't criticize management; he just expressed regret that DB will not be there as his friend, as a good locker room guy and player on the field, to help the team. He then went on to say that the have to go on with the guys that they have.

edit: PS Pattie, good post.

Last edited:
I think this will blow over pretty quickly. Unlike Milloy the players are used to Branch not being in the locker room. And when you think back to the team leaders like Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, etc, they are so much more seasoned now than in 2003 it's not even funny. Plus Harrison was new to the team then so he's a much more credible leader (although I do know he was made a captain a few games into 2003).

PromisedLand said:
It's not BS - he did say that. He then went on to negotiate a new contract with the Patriots below market rates because, he said, he loved this team and the fans.

It's just an emotional reaction, and to Seymour's credit he didn't criticize management; he just expressed regret that DB will not be there as his friend, as a good locker room guy and player on the field, to help the team. He then went on to say that the have to go on with the guys that they have.

edit: PS Pattie, good post.

can you link to anything with Bruschi's statements in it, i would just like to read it for myself...

I don't understand guys on this board sometimes................Yeah players make good money but why should they accept a lot LESS then what other players not even better then them at their position? It's great when they do but their careers are so short that you can't hate them for getting not all but "close" to the most they can get. Their careers will end in their 30's if they are lucky and they have their entire life in front of them. Like Keyshawn Johnson said he wouldn't mind playing for the Patriots but he's not going to play for FIVE DOLLARS.

I don't know what you guys do for work but if you work for a company would you be happy making far less then the guy working next to you even though he's doing the same exact job? It's not like the Patriots can even sell players on being a Champion because the last time I checked they are not.

It can't always be that the players are WRONG and the front office is RIGHT. Give me a break............Even Tom Brady said if you come to play for the Patriots your not coming to be loved it's all about football.

Last edited:
The players will react emotionally at first. After all, Branch was someone they'd all "gone through the wall" with. He was well liked as a player and person in the locker room, and if we're honest most of us fans thought highly of him too, before all this hold-out business started. As Sey said, he was a patriot type player, right up until it came to $$$ and negotiation tactics!!!
Once they refocus on the team and season, they will be able to gain some perspective.

MrTibbs said:
I don't understand guys on this board sometimes................Yeah players make good money but why should they accept a lot LESS then what other players not even better then them at their position? It's great when they do but their careers are so short that you can't hate them for getting not all but "close" to the most they can get. Their careers will end in their 30's if they are lucky and they have their entire life in front of them. Like Keyshawn Johnson said he wouldn't mind playing for the Patriots but he's not going to play for FIVE DOLLARS.

I don't know what you guys do for work but if you work for a company would you be happy making far less then they guy working next to you even though he's doing the same exact job? It's not like the Patriots can even sell players on being a Champion because the last time I checked they are not.

It can't always be that the players are WRONG and the front office is RIGHT. Give me a break............Even Tom Brady said if you come to play for the Patriots your not coming to be loved it's all about football and thats it.

PLaying professional sports is so far and away different from regular average joe jobs, it's ridiculous to even use that as a crutch for your arguement. We don't get a signing bonus, we don't sign contracts, there are not only 32 companies in the world competing for the same top prize. :bricks:

fnordcircle said:
Because it's impossible to both be sad that someone is leaving and understand it.

I wish Pats fans had half the perspective that players do about this sort of stuff. You guys get all wound up over players wanting more money when you aren't directly affected by it. Half the guys who are bummed that Branch is leaving are guys who could possibly be directly affected by paying more for a player from a limited pool of funds from which they get their paychecks and possible pay raises.

You are absolutely correct on that one. A lot of fans don't get the business aspect at all.

grapedog said:
can you link to anything with Bruschi's statements in it, i would just like to read it for myself...
Every article ever written is not online. You can try google but I don't really know if you will find it. I do remember him saying it though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back