PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Scooby Drew;where are you? (QB Depth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Well, if we're willing to take on Moss-would we be willing to do a one year with Bledsoe at minimal money? We need a third on the depth chart, he needs a ring.

Seriously though....anyone else concerned about QB depth?

Last edited:
I think Bledsoe will hang them up. I could see him coming only if a serious injury happened to another starter in the NFL without an adequete backup. Maybe even not then since Drew doesn't take me as the type that would up and move his family during mid season.

I think Drew would never come there as a backup as he has so many good memories of his playing days there. Alot of pride too. I wish him luck with his family and retirement. He's earned it after his sack day's in Buffalo.

Well, if we're willing to take on Moss-would we be willing to do a one year with Bledsoe at minimal money? We need a third on the depth chart, he needs a ring.

Seriously though....anyone else concerned about QB depth?

I'm no more concerned then any Colts fan should be or a lot of other teams that would be in trouble should their QB go down.

I love Drew as I said during the "goodbye" threads when he announced his retirement. But I watched some Cowboy games this past season. A coverage sack isn't usually the QBs fault, but when you drop back, never move more than half a foot in any direction and then get sacked after NINE SECONDS, the game is passing you by.

With this offense, I honestly think at this point Cassell would bring more to the table.

Emergency QB is never a position that would be cause for concern. Hope, maybe, but not concern.

I'd like them to sign the two Matts (Moore and Gutierrez) and have them battle it out in camp. Winner sticks to the practice squad. I'd wager against the team starting the year with a 3rd QB, just because of all the talent going to camp at the other positions.

We should be concerned no matter who our back up QB is if Tom goes down. Unless of course we can somehow get Joe Montana and stick him in a time machine. But Polian probably as a rule against that...

Anyway, where was I? Oh right.

I like Cassel as a back-up overall. About the third string QB thing, anytime your one and two quarterbacks go down you are pretty much screwed anyway. That being said, I wouldn't be oppossed to bringing in a vet, maybe like Testaverde, but 87 is old. Back-up QB is a funny thing. It can either be completely irrelevant or the most important position on your team. But I don't think a third string quarterback is going to make or break your team.

I could've sworn Bledsoe was on the team in 2001 and thus has a Super Bowl ring.

Last edited:
I could've sworn Bledsoe was on the team in 2001 and thus has a Super Bowl ring.

My bad.

He needs another ring!

Nah, I wasn't really making the case for Drew.....more putting out a thought that we still lack that typical third QB in the mix.'

Who knows, maybe Vinny will be around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes