PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double G

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the loss Saturday night and have a different outlook on it today than I did earlier in the week.

Bottom line is the Patriots turned the ball over 5 times and in the playoffs, that is not going to cut it. I have to give the Donkos credit as their defense bent but did not break. The Patriots got within striking distance five times and ended up with a FG, FG, INT, missed FG and TD. First and goal on the five and no points, actually seven points the other way was a killer. Put aside the 10 point swing in the first half as they had the second half to make up for it. It was 10 to 6 when Brady threw the pic, Bailey made a great play on it, Denver scored, 17 to 6, ballgame.

The Patriots have forced other teams into numerous mistakes the past four years on the way to 3 Super Bowl wins, so give credit to Denver for doing the same to the Patriots. They beat the Patriots twice this year, so in my opinion, they were the better team this year, end of story.

All of this "the better team did not win, we beat ourselves", etc, etc is getting old ............

Right but I still think you were the better team, on paper anyway. IMO if you played the Donks over again in the same situation 100 times, you guys would win 85 of them. Unfortunately for you guys Saturday night was part of the other 15.

Then again, you might say that about any number of your opponents that you guys beat during your run when you capitalized on their mistakes, forced or unforced. So yeah I see where you're coming from. Well at least you guys get to experience the taste of your own medicine that you dished out to the rest of us. :)

Last edited:
RS said:
Well at least you guys get to experience the taste of your own medicine that you dished out to the rest of us. :)

Yuk....yuk... oh yuk.....dont like that medicine at all!! Need to wash my mouth out. Well at least the Pats have a longer off season to get rested up now. Gunna be an interesting off season for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes