PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Pats fans-best of luck to the rest of your season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well first off-I get alot of flack from the Cowboys MB for saying nice things about the so-called "Cheatriots".

Anyhow, here goes-Championship teams do NOT come out looking flat and emotion-less in the stretch run. Championship teams do NOT play to the level of BAD teams in the stretch run. Championship teams do NOT come out ill-prepared in the stretch run.

Not only the Pats, but the Packers, Colts, and Jags have been taking care of their Dec opponents in a business-like manner.

So what's the point here? Just want to vent-you guys can go ahead and write off Dallas. Yeah-I know it was just "one game", but we've had Dec swoons EVERY year since we last won our playoff game last year. What we all witnessed in the Lions and Eagles game today, they played EXACTLY like they did in each of the last 10 or so Dec's-uninspired play, ill-preparedness, no fire, etc. And before you go off on that "goofball" Wade, Parcells didn't do any better in Dec.

Anyways-just wanted to drop by and wish you guys the best of luck this postseason/Super Bowl. You guys are looking great and clicking at the right moment.

Well, the Patriots did have trouble with the Ravens, a team that lost to the Dolphins today :eek: :eek:

We were also a couple seconds from our 6th Super Bowl last year, and in December we were shut out by... the Dolphins.

Don't worry about it. It happens.

yeah, I already wrote off dallas for winning the sb a long time ago.

Writing off the Cowboys would be silly. Although, we saw the old TO ranting and raving on the sidelines today. If I were a Cowboys fan I'd have some real concerns about that.

We want GB

Well first off-I get alot of flack from the Cowboys MB for saying nice things about the so-called "Cheatriots".

Anyhow, here goes-Championship teams do NOT come out looking flat and emotion-less in the stretch run. Championship teams do NOT play to the level of BAD teams in the stretch run. Championship teams do NOT come out ill-prepared in the stretch run.

Not only the Pats, but the Packers, Colts, and Jags have been taking care of their Dec opponents in a business-like manner.

So what's the point here? Just want to vent-you guys can go ahead and write off Dallas. Yeah-I know it was just "one game", but we've had Dec swoons EVERY year since we last won our playoff game last year. What we all witnessed in the Lions and Eagles game today, they played EXACTLY like they did in each of the last 10 or so Dec's-uninspired play, ill-preparedness, no fire, etc. And before you go off on that "goofball" Wade, Parcells didn't do any better in Dec.

Anyways-just wanted to drop by and wish you guys the best of luck this postseason/Super Bowl. You guys are looking great and clicking at the right moment.

You have a GREAT TEAM which could win it all.
If I am not mistaken you have the tiebraker over GB.
Don't give up all hope yet.
NE went to the SB with a 6th seed once, your still the #1 seed and your embarassed by 1 hiccup...hey on any given sunday you could win or loose to 30 teams....:D :D :D

You have a GREAT TEAM which could win it all.
If I am not mistaken you have the tiebraker over GB.
Don't give up all hope yet.
NE went to the SB with a 6th seed once, your still the #1 seed and your embarassed by 1 hiccup...hey on any given sunday you could win or loose to 30 teams....:D :D :D

Yeah, exactly... you need to remember, and we need to remember, the one-and-done nature of the playoffs. Remember all those playoff surprises we've seen, where suddenly you're saying "Oh yeah those guys? Had a great year but I guess they peaked too early/couldn't keep up the intensity level/didn't have that extra gear for the playoffs/yadda yadda yadda..."

At this point, if we don't win it all, this fan-base is going to feel blindsided and despondent in a way that makes 06 look like a walk in the park!

But, same applies to the Cowboys. Pull it together, get someone to look at Tony's thumb, and go from there!

PFnV

You're a fan. Fans always over-react and assign way too much meaning to losses and yes, to wins. Brady had his anuual stinker game today, but fortunately the OL and D showed up for the game and the opponent was bad enough that it didn't matter. You ain't done 'till you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots