PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Pat fans, quick question for ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As alot of you may know, the Atlanta Falcons (My favorite team, sadly), signed Thomas Dimitroff, the Director of College Scouting for the Pats. I didn't know if any of you knew who he was, but us Falcon fans are so excited that we got somebody from the most dominating franchise of all time. Alot of people say that he helped draft guys like Samuel, Koppen, Maroney, Merriweather, WIlfork, and Mankins, doing the scouting. I was just curious if anybody here was familiar with him, and if so, how much did he contribute to the Patriots dominance.

Not sure. Pioli and Belichick most likely have the final say.

we consistantly have great drafts, with great trades involved. as the Director of College Scouting, learning under bill and scott, i would say you got yourself a keeper. im not too happy about losing him

He is Scott Pioli #2 man, and he should be a great addition to the Falcons....
That is a team to watch next year, they are rebuilding and will sneak up on alot of people...

I've never heard of him until now.
But he held a prestigious position in a prestigious organization.
If I were a Falcon fan I would be encouraged.
Especially after all the crap you guys have endured. Vick/Petrinp?/Parcells.
Yeah the Pats sure have had some success with the draft and if this guy was the director I guess he had a hand in it and he now works for you and the BB tree grows another branch. Good luck.

As alot of you may know, the Atlanta Falcons (My favorite team, sadly), signed Thomas Dimitroff, the Director of College Scouting for the Pats. I didn't know if any of you knew who he was, but us Falcon fans are so excited that we got somebody from the most dominating franchise of all time. Alot of people say that he helped draft guys like Samuel, Koppen, Maroney, Merriweather, WIlfork, and Mankins, doing the scouting. I was just curious if anybody here was familiar with him, and if so, how much did he contribute to the Patriots dominance.

he was more of a "behind the scenes" guy. i've heard that he's really good. he'll definitely be missed here.

thanks alot guys, I'm confident that he will get the job done and turn us around. I knew that he evaluated talent and scouted for the best team in maybe NFL history, but I wasn't for sure if you guys knew something I didn't.

thanks alot guys, I'm confident that he will get the job done and turn us around. I knew that he evaluated talent and scouted for the best team in maybe NFL history, but I wasn't for sure if you guys knew something I didn't.

lol, get used to knowing nothing. the pats organization doesnt tell anybody anything. get used to being in the dark. really.

Dimitroff will help the Falcons organization find players in the draft. I don't know if he wil be able to negotiate with the Player's Agents and stick to his guns and maintain his desired budget for each position. He hadn't had to do that at the Pats, but he saw Pioli and Bellichcik doing it and making it happen.

The Pats have such a surplus of players that they openly speak of not their active 47, not thier 53, not thier 61 inlcuding thr PS, but their top 68 or so, inlcuding players on IR, and top street FA awaitng a summons in a midnight emergency phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back