PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Mikey, How Are the Redskins Doin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious about how our resident Dan Snyder fan feels about today's HOME loss to the previously 0-5 Tennessee Titans.

BTW, the Skins have practically NO draft picks next year (what's new), while the "cheapo" Patriots have 2 first rounders, a 4-1 record now and both lines' starters are all signed through at least 2008.

Any questions?

Yeah, but they won in free agency back in March. :D

Willie55 said:
Yeah, but they won in free agency back in March. :D

and 2 years ago

Patten - large contract..nothing ..4th WR been hurt

Lloyd- a 2nd this year..3rd next i believe right..nothing to backup after signing a big contract

Archuleta - horrible in coverage..was highest paid safety for a few weeks..crazy!

they need an OLB to replace Holdman..might be McIntosh

Out of curiosity . . . how many draft picks DO they have?

ctpatsfan77 said:
Out of curiosity . . . how many draft picks DO they have?

I don't know the total number, but they did say on talk radio today they have 1 pick on the first day of the draft.

I'm not even sure it's a first rounder. I don't really know the details of the Duckett fiasco, but I read something that said they swap first round picks with Denver based on whoever finishes with a worse record, or something? Right now, it's a fair bet that the Redskins finish worse than the Broncos.

Why on EARTH would they trade away any high round draft pick for a guy WHO ISN'T EVEN PLAYING. The Redskins FO is absolutely pitiful. If anyone thinks our FO needs to imitate them, then they need professional help.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
I don't know the total number, but they did say on talk radio today they have 1 pick on the first day of the draft.

I'm not even sure it's a first rounder. I don't really know the details of the Duckett fiasco, but I read something that said they swap first round picks with Denver based on whoever finishes with a worse record, or something? Right now, it's a fair bet that the Redskins finish worse than the Broncos.

Why on EARTH would they trade away any high round draft pick for a guy WHO ISN'T EVEN PLAYING. The Redskins FO is absolutely pitiful. If anyone thinks our FO needs to imitate them, then they need professional help.

As Deepthroat said, "follow the money". It all comes down to ownership.

I live in northern Virginia and I take an unhealthy joy in watching the Skins fail. Tomorrow should be fun.

The Redskins already traded away their 2nd and 4ths in the '07 draft. The Duckett deal was for a high 3rd, with a presumption that the Skins would be good and that their 3rd would be a lower pick. So they're using the point system and if the difference between the Skins and Broncos 1sts are similar to the value of a high 3rd then those picks get switched, with the Skins adding a 3rd or 4th next year if the difference is worth less than a high 3rd. It's confusing and no doubt the Broncos wrote it up in a way where they'll really screw over the Skins.

There's also the possibility of first rounds picks being swapped in Denver's favor:

"The draft-pick compensation for Duckett will not be known until season's end depending on how the Redskins and Broncos fare in the standings, league sources said. There are four possibilities, and each equals the value of a high third-round pick on a chart used by most NFL teams, with a numerical value attached to each pick.

The teams could swap first-round picks in 2007; swap first-rounders with the Broncos getting an additional fourth-round pick in 2008; swap first-rounders with Denver getting a third-round pick in 2007; or swap first-round picks with Denver getting a third-round selection in 2007 and a fourth-round pick in 2008."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back