PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Maroney...Change your freakin' number!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Look at Reiss's new mailbag. He thinks that Maroney will keep his number 39 even after being offered other numbers. He wanted 22 (taken) and 27 (taken), so he choose 39? Goosh, that looks so stupid for his size and frame. Note to Maroney....Change YOUR NUMBER PLEASE! Use your tightness to your advantage. I'm telling you, buy 21 from Gay, buy 22 from Samuel, buy 26 from Wilson, or 31 (which is the only tight number left).
When you look tight, you play tight. And when you pick a stupid number you will fail. Case in point, Stephen Jackson. Was top back coming out of college and picks a stupid number in 39. Look at his numbers now. So Maroney I will say it again, do yourself a favor and pick a number in the 20's or 31.

Thank you,
The Tightness Police

i agree..gets 21,22,23,25,31 or 32 but anyways 39 isnt too bad

scott_guss.jpg

1125666145_2811.jpg

ImgDyn.cfm

Last edited:
I disagree. 39 is a historic number with the Pats (Sam Bam), there are two HOF runners who wore it (Csonka and MacElhenny) and I credit Maroney with being willing to break the mold. If he becomes a great back, maybe we will see other players wanting #39 around the league, and you will proclaim them "tight".:)

Let the guy be. 39 is beautiful.

My favorite halfback numbers are 44 and 45 - manly numbers.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took 39.....?!?!

That has got to be the tightest number I have ever seen. Style, Class, and Power... what more could you want? Man, 39 is IT. 39 is TIGHT. In a bad-ass, old-school way to boot!

I'm buying my uber-tight 39 jersey tomorrow! Dayyyyyyum, that is TIGHT!!

Soon, all the chicks will dig me in my ultra-tight, lookin' fine, extra-smooth, Thirty-Nine.

39tight2.gif

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:

He took 39.....?!?!

That has got to be the tightest number I have ever seen. Style, Class, and Power... what more could you want? Man, 39 is IT. 39 is TIGHT. In a bad-ass, old-school way to boot!

Soon, all the chicks will dig me in my ultra-tight, lookin' fine, extra-smooth, Thirty-Nine.
Careful, no political posts in the football forum. Senator Kennedy and da Nut will have staffers on your case if you keep this up.

Dark Orchid? You sick....that is cruel, even for addressing an uptight individual who doesn't see the possibilities of some 39.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Careful, no political posts in the football forum. Senator Kennedy and da Nut will have staffers on your case if you keep this up.

Dark Orchid? You sick....that is cruel, even for addressing an uptight individual who doesn't see the possibilities of some 39.
Methinks thou hast thy locution askew.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

He took 39.....?!?!

39tight2.gif

One day this post will go down in the patsfans.com hall of fame.

ROFL. I agree. 39 is the NEW TIGHTNESS. Those that do not understand the tightness of 39 are officially behind the times.

THEARCHIVES said:
Look at Reiss's new mailbag. He thinks that Maroney will keep his number 39 even after being offered other numbers. He wanted 22 (taken) and 27 (taken), so he choose 39? Goosh, that looks so stupid for his size and frame. Note to Maroney....Change YOUR NUMBER PLEASE! Use your tightness to your advantage. I'm telling you, buy 21 from Gay, buy 22 from Samuel, buy 26 from Wilson, or 31 (which is the only tight number left).
When you look tight, you play tight. And when you pick a stupid number you will fail. Case in point, Stephen Jackson. Was top back coming out of college and picks a stupid number in 39. Look at his numbers now. So Maroney I will say it again, do yourself a favor and pick a number in the 20's or 31.

Thank you,
The Tightness Police
Unless this is a farce, this has got to be the dumbest ******* waste of space I've ever seen on a message board, which is saying something.

It shouldn't suprise us, then, that the poster didn't even bother looking up Steven Jackson's 'numbers' before telling us how bad they were:

04 - 3 starts, 134 carries, 673 yards, 5.0 YPC, Long 48, TD 4, 20+ runs 5, and first downs 37.
05 - 15 starts, 254 carries, 1046 yards, 4.1 YPC, Long 51, TD 8, 20+ runs 6, and first downs 50.

Tightness physician, heal thyself.

But Maroney's tightness is different than S. Jackson's tightness. Call it tighter than TIGHT if you will. It's tighter than white on rice fo shizzle. The tightest 39 will be Maroney. If he got any tighter he'd have to pry himself out of bed with a crowbar.

Can somebody please tell me how this thread has gotten this many replies?

Those how care about the number a player wears are morons, not Patriot fans.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Can somebody please tell me how this thread has gotten this many replies?

Those how care about the number a player wears are morons, not Patriot fans.
Is this a new low in offseason posts??? I do agree HOF for that post though!!!! ABSOLUTELY!!

I dislike that Jackson is wearing 17 more than Maroney wearing 39.

Is Tom Brady gonna wear number 12 again this year?

#39 - Tight beyond description.
Hey, did Csonka wear 39?

39 ? not bad imho

go Maroney go !

T-ShirtDynasty said:

He took 39.....?!?!

39tight2.gif

I had to quote and reply simply to see the html behind this masterpiece of sarcasm. T-Shirt, I salute you.

VJCPatriot said:
ROFL. I agree. 39 is the NEW TIGHTNESS. Those that do not understand the tightness of 39 are officially behind the times.
You nailed it. It's the NEW TIGHTNESS! I love it. May have to change my username.

That's what's so surprising about THE ARCHIVES, he seems like such a young, hip, cutting-edge kinda dude... how can he not see the NEW TIGHTNESS of 39? He must be an old fuddy-duddy in hipster clothing. I'm guessing he goes after some hot square dancing action, or a rousing game of Bingo at the VFW Hall, while all his buddies are out partying, or pimping their rides, or whatnot. Kinda sad to see a member of the younger crowd so behind the times. :(

Ya know..... maybe the young man needs a tightness intervention. ?!?

T-ShirtDynasty said:

He took 39.....?!?!

39tight2.gif

Once again you nailed it. People like THEARCHIVES are living in the past.

Did I say "living"? My mistake.

Tightness is an evolving thing. Sam Bam was tight. Now that tightness is coming back. Maroney is cool so he knows it.

THEARCHIVES needs to pop his hood, get new sheets, and look at the new world.

PS. THEARCHIVES is on my dead to me list so the only way I can see his nonsense is if someone "quotes' him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back