Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey, less than a $1 a day!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

November really can't come soon enough.

John Kerry, Joe Lieberman tout EPA projection on climate bill

POLITICO

Senate authors of a controversial climate change bill heralded EPA modeling results unveiled Tuesday as proof that their plan would have a limited pinch on Americans’ pocketbooks.

Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) found many reasons to gloat after getting the 74-page study that showed the overall costs from their legislation’s major global warming provisions would cost an average household between $80 to $150 per year.

“There’ll be some people who will want to demagogue that politically, but that’s less than $1 a day,” Lieberman told reporters. “Is the American household willing to pay less than $1 so we don’t have to buy oil from foreign countries, so we can create millions of new jobs, so we can clean up our environment? I think the answer is going to be yes.”

John Kerry, Joe Lieberman tout EPA projection on climate bill - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's textbook liberalism 101. I remember when Deval wanted to pass some tax increase or something like that and he said it was "just a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee per day." Then the next tax increase was "just the price of your daily bacon, egg and cheese bagel" or something other such nonsense.

Anyone who believes that this bill will make it so that "we don’t have to buy oil from foreign countries, so we can create millions of new jobs, so we can clean up our environment" is just a bleeping moron too retarded to live.

This of course leads us to textbook liberalism 201, whereby when the program fails miserably, they conveniently come up with the solution that we need to throw more and more and more money at the problem.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Anyone believing that, needs to go into the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs...aghagahagahgahga

Speaking of bacon and eggs, they are getting destroyed right now, and with Perkins likely done till next year, they look like toast. Pun intended!
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: :rofl:
    I didn't think they would win game 6 but I didn't expect a blowout like this. Ouch. :(
  5. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Liberalism 301: During election years don't do anything taught in Lib 101 or 201.
  6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

Hmm. I guess I don't see the issue with this, unless you're coming at it from a perspective that climate change and fossil fuel addiction are not real problems.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Two problems:

1.) Government taking more money out of the pocket of citizens bit by bit, compounded by...
    2.) Do you really think government can manage this money effectively? Likely its $1 a day now and $5 a day in three years because the "crisis was much larger than we thought" or some such nonsense.
  8. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I know this one:singing: But seriously, who exactly's going to be managing this fund? I haven't heard any analysis of his not-ready-for-primetime speech but nobody I know thought it was anything other than a glorified push for his cap and tax bs, which was no surprise really.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

The Sluggo windmill co has lots of money for pols who subsidize them... they will solve all our problems. I am sure the government will be just as successful with this bill as they have been dealing with the spill.
  10. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +269 / 6 / -4

Well the thinking is that these are problems are getting worse over time. So the longer you wait, the more you'll end up paying since you didn't take steps to invest and prepare in advance.

Of course, we seem blithely prepared to continue on the present course until the tipping point is reached, and if so, remediation at that juncture will be far, far more onerous.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 2 / -1

Do you guys really think things are going to change in any meaningful way come Nov?
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Depends how many incumbents get tossed out and how scared the rest of the pols are.
  13. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The names will change but the insanity will continue...

That being said, it does not mean we should stop trying.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!
  14. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I adjusted your question to better reflect the sadness of my answer...
    No.