PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Indianapolis, You're Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
All the talk this week about how offended the good people of Indianapolis are that their team's home lockerroom is being soiled by the evil Patriots and how they are so upset that the arrogant NE fans are coming, but that they will hold their noses and take their money.

It brought one thing to mind.

Dear Indianapolis. You're welcome.

You're welcome, because Robert Kraft saved your city's economy by heroically working to save this football season and, hence, your ability to be on the world stage and make tens of millions of dollars from people who would rather chew off their left feet instead of having to go to your city in the middle of winter.

While your ne'er-do-well, Chris Farley-Black-Sheep-Silver-Spoon-Heir owner tweets his disrespect of the man singularly responsible for the one major league championship your city has ever won and the building that hosts this week's game, you ignorantly voice your disapproval of the sheer audacity of the New England Patriots and their owner occupying the same facilities that your team uses (at taxpayers' expense, mind you).

So, although you have no idea about any of this and will continue to grouse, I will take this opportunity as a New England Patriot fan and proud customer of the team that Bob Kraft owns to say on his behalf: You're welcome.

People are going to ******* Indianapolis in February. This has to be a first... I mean, I wouldn't go to that hellhole at any time of year for any reason, so at the very least I think it's clear that they have no grounds to complain.

I figured the INDY crowd would be against the Pats, but they seemd to get a great welcome yesterday. In fact, even Bill Belickick quipped "I think they like me a lot better around here after going for it on fourth and two."

To look at it another way, given the season the Colts had, and what their owner may, or may not have known about his QB's health beforehand, he might very well not be too happy the season was saved.

While I hate their team, the downtown area of Indy is quite compact, walkable, with lots of decent bars and restaurants.

It's not New Orleans, San Diego, or Miami, but the compactness will make those spending a good chunk of this week there have an enjoyable time, relative to a spread-out place like Houston or Dallas, where you take a 30 minute cab ride from the Hotel to dinner, another 30 minutes to a party, another 30 min to a bar, another 30 minutes to the stadium. You run around all day and night just trying to get there, and never know if you really did.

part of it is their experience with hosting NCAA final fours, and of course the Indy 500 which isn't downtown but has required hotel rooms for 350,000+ fans in its heydey.

Everyone that I know from MSU that went to Indy for the B1G championship game had a great time. How are you going to enjoy yourself somewhere if you convince yourself you hate it before you even get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes