Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey Harry, remember when you portrayed this guy as a victim??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 6, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Harry, me boy, remember when you portrayed Ed Jew the embattled SF supervisor as being railroaded by the politically correct in California?? Well he just got indicted, looks like the whole railroad thing was just a figment of the RW Canadian Blog you were quoting..no more tapioca for you!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/07/BA3IT7BRN.DTL

(11-06) 16:00 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- A federal grand jury indicted suspended San Francisco Supervisor Ed Jew today on charges of soliciting $80,000 in bribes from local businesses by threatening their city permits.

The five felony charges - two counts each of bribery and mail fraud and one count of extortion- expand on a mail fraud charge that federal prosecutors filed against Jew on Sept. 20. San Francisco prosecutors have also charged him with nine counts of perjury and fraud in Superior Court for allegedly lying about his residence in order to become a candidate and vote in local elections.

In today's indictment, the grand jury alleged that Jew solicited bribes from the Quickly chain of tapioca drink shops, telling the operators that they were in violation of a city permit ordinance and would have to pay him to help with the process. He accepted $40,000 in cash from representatives of the chain in May as partial payment, the indictment said.

He was also accused of accepting $4,000 in cash from the owner of Wonderful Desserts and Cafe after taking steps to influence local planning officials to act on the shop's permit application

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

interesting... have the original link Harry espoused about?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

As Hillary would say "I don't recall that" I also would like to see that link, if I said it I am an a$s hole :)

Thank you for requesting the link Mr Coverage.
    :bricks:

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I don't believe I would ever comment on a guy named "Ed Jew" the politically correct liberals on here would destroy me.

Ed Jew :confused:

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Hi, I'm Harry's brother, Harry is out in the garage, I happen to agree with everything Harry said in that link, we all know that Republican Crooks are much better than lying whining bastard Democrat Crooks.

Ed Jew :confused:
    I seem to recall a family named "Jew" that lived in Cambridge, does he have a brother named Heeza?
    :bricks:

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

I'm never wrong :singing:

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Neither am I, most of the time.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the most "wrong" statement in the history of this forum...

you're constantly wrong...

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 11 / -7

Man, my head's going to blow up. This is like when Spock short-circuited evil robots by saying "I am lying."

By the way, Harry's Brother [sic], we just got done breaking Harry of anti-semitism, when it turned out there is such a thing as left anti-semitism, so he sprinted for the high ground. While I too can hardly believe the guy's last name is actually "Jew," I've been able to restrain my response to the hilarity of that felicitous coincidence.

PFnV

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Whoever of Jew's family who first arrived in America spelled it using Chinese pictographs right up 'till about when he got here most likely. That person was in the unique position of getting to decide how to spell his last name (in English) rather than just learning how to as a child. If you stop and think about it, it isn't weird at all that the sound an English speaker makes when referring to a Red Sea Pedestrian is exactly the same as the sound used to refer to one particular Chinese family. This ancestor of Jew's must have been wise. He realized that by spelling it the way he did, he'd forever save his progeny the hassle of having to tell all their friends that "Its spelled Chiu, but just pronounce it Jew."