PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Brock Osweiler - nobody steals meaningless stats from Peyton Manning...

Have you seen the other threads on the main board today?

I've actually been on vacation and haven't had the time to frequent the board but, yeah, there are some serious stinkers in here right now. May be a product of the bye week.

I'd be interested to see how many rushing TD drives have been lead by Brady compared with Manning. Maybe it's just me but it seems Tom isn't too worried whether it's a pass or rush TD.

Manning on the other hand seems to always want the pass TD, especially inside the 5.

I've actually been on vacation and haven't had the time to frequent the board but, yeah, there are some serious stinkers in here right now. May be a product of the bye week.

Yup.... it's the downside of having a very parochial group of posters and limiting the main page to football.

If Peyton wants to play in garbage time and needlessly risk a freak injury that ends his season, that's fine with me.

Otherwise, I couldn't care less. We're on to Indianapolis!

If we play Denver again, then I'll get worked up over Peyton...until then, it's "Peyton who?"

I'd be interested to see how many rushing TD drives have been lead by Brady compared with Manning. Maybe it's just me but it seems Tom isn't too worried whether it's a pass or rush TD.

Manning on the other hand seems to always want the pass TD, especially inside the 5.

Especially with some big time running backs during his career.

I swear some of you are more obsessed with Peyton Manning than his rabid fanboys. Why the **** can't some of you go 3 days without bringing up Manning in a topic? This is called PATSFANS.COM, not Peyton Manning Anonymous.

I swear some of you are more obsessed with Peyton Manning than his rabid fanboys. Why the **** can't some of you go 3 days without bringing up Manning in a topic? This is called PATSFANS.COM, not Peyton Manning Anonymous.

Patriots last game was against the P. Manning led Broncos.
Patriots next game is against the formerly P. Manning led Colts.
There is currently one Manning thread on the front page, and one thread comparing the Colts to the Broncos.
The other threads are on various different topics (Road to #1, Road wins against tough teams, Jets/Rex, Revis, goal line cameras, DB depth chart, TJ Ward, Chandler Jones, possible Raiders move, JAG, AFCE, etc...

What is the problem with that?

Patriots last game was against the P. Manning led Broncos.
Patriots next game is against the formerly P. Manning led Colts.
There is currently one Manning thread on the front page, and one thread comparing the Colts to the Broncos.
The other threads are on various different topics (Road to #1, Road wins against tough teams, Jets/Rex, Revis, goal line cameras, DB depth chart, TJ Ward, Chandler Jones, possible Raiders move, JAG, AFCE, etc...

What is the problem with that?
The problem isn't that. It's that there could be a discussion about the Chiefs vs the Cowboys and Manning will some how get brought up and derail the whole thread. My second problem is that we all know that Tom is the GOAT so why do people still feel the need to undermine what he's done. Only rabid Manning fanboys and uneducated fans think Manning is the best. We know he is a choke artist but we don't need to sit here attacking his character and such. Basically, I get tired of seeing people undervalue what others do and overvalue what we do.

The problem isn't that. It's that there could be a discussion about the Chiefs vs the Cowboys and Manning will some how get brought up and derail the whole thread.

So you thought you'd derail a thread about Manning as payback? Interesting tactic, but it's likely to fail in the long run.

My second problem is that we all know that Tom is the GOAT so why do people still feel the need to undermine what he's done. Only rabid Manning fanboys and uneducated fans think Manning is the best. We know he is a choke artist but we don't need to sit here attacking his character and such. Basically, I get tired of seeing people undervalue what others do and overvalue what we do.

Sadly, no, we don't all know that Tom is the GOAT. Someone posted a map showing what the country felt on the issue of the best QB in the last 40 years. Most of the country chose Manning, not just over Brady, therefore, but also over Montana.

People are stupid, but that gives us a ready-made topic whenever we're bored.

So you thought you'd derail a thread about Manning as payback? Interesting tactic, but it's likely to fail in the long run.

Sadly, no, we don't all know that Tom is the GOAT. Someone posted a map showing what the country felt on the issue of the best QB in the last 40 years. Most of the country chose Manning, not just over Brady, therefore, but also over Montana.

People are stupid, but that gives us a ready-made topic whenever we're bored.
I was actually just talking about the people on this board. I already know what the public perception of Brady and Manning is and can't really blame the casual fan for picking Manning.

And derailing the board wasn't my intentions. I enjoy nitpicking Manning does but some care a little too much.

Since Manning joined DEN (121 pass TD, 35 rush TD, 22.4%), only SD has a lower rush TD % (78/16, 17%) from the total offensive TDs.

NE has the 2nd most rush TD in the same span (47; MIN leads with 48). Also, it is the only team in the top 10 in both rush and pass yds in the same span.

Brock Osweiler thought Manning was going to share the garbage time stats… Stupid, stupid Brock, does he not realize this is when Manning is in his zone. Manning is not going to come out of a game with a 40 point lead and an opportunity to throw another 1 yard touchdown pass against a defeated defense.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/broncos-brock-osweiler-playing-time-snub-peyton-manning-110914

Brock if you want to play in a game I would suggest waiting till the playoffs, because regular seasons stats are what Manning gets up in the morning for.

Mostly a non-story, as we typically see Brady playing late into blowouts even when we think he should be sitting.

But what is interesting to me is that Osweiler acts 100% sure that he's going in and gestures like, "Yup, of course, go right in Peyton." Makes me wonder if the coach told him he was going in, and Peyton just overruled him and went in anyway.

I love when Osweiler throws his hand up into the air. "C'mon, man!" LOL

Last edited:
Mostly a non-story, as we typically see Brady playing late into blowouts even when we think he should be sitting.

But what is interesting to me is that Osweiler acts 100% sure that he's going in and gestures like, "Yup, of course, go right in Peyton." Makes me wonder if the coach told him he was going in, and Peyton just overruled him and went in anyway.

Brady comes out of the game much sooner than Manning does.

Oh people, i know that we hate manning by default here, but there has been a huge exaggeration about this. Fox has already gone on record saying that it was his fault for a miscomunication that led to the back up thinking he was about to go in. Plus, it was the last play on the 3rd quarter, he entered for the whole last quarter

There's plenty to dislike about mr. Forehead, but this right here is not another reason

Brady comes out of the game much sooner than Manning does.

I don't think this is true. I don't know if they track these kinds of things statistically though. Would be interesting to find out.

When Brady comes out people say he was BENCHED
When Peyton comes out people praise him for not wanting to Run up the score

When Brady stays late in games where the Pats are winning by a huge margin people call him ARROGRANT
When Peyton stays late in games where the Broncos are winning by a huge margin people call him BRILLIANT for not wanting to take a chance in case the opposing team makes a comeback

I have no problem with football players playing football and offensive players scoring.

I have no problem with football players playing football and offensive players scoring.

I think most on here agree. It's just that when Brady stays in and the Pats are up in a blowout all we hear is how the Pats are trying to run up the score. But when other teams do it you never hear a peep.

Also the only reason why this is even a thing is the reaction of Osweiler. Because it makes it seem like Osweiler was told to go in and Manning said "screw that" and went back on the field.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back