PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Brock Osweiler - nobody steals meaningless stats from Peyton Manning...

Hazy

On the Roster
Reaction score
This is hilarious, Brock thinking he's going to get to play, c'mon now its not your first day here is it? Manning runs in before him to pad his stats 42-10 up against a win-less Raiders in garbage time:

https://vine.co/v/OiZYQExF7hU

If you ever needed more evidence in the Brady Vs Manning GOAT debate but unfortunately the media has already decided who the GOAT is. I think it was decided a long time ago that Manning will be GOAT and Brady will just be in the conversation for a top 5 place in the best QBs. The narrative is already written, i had two conversations the week before the Pats Broncos game with a Bills fan and a Bears fan who thought i was so biased for even mentioning Brady in the same breath as Manning. The majority of NFL fans believe Manning is GOAT and its not even close. Its a losing battle, i think Brady needs to win 2 more Superbowls to be considered GOAT by the media while Manning may only need one, if even that.

Look I like Manning personally, seems like a nice genuine guy (a little too nice at time) who is a phenomenal QB but i hate all the ass kissing he gets.

Manning is GOAT of Chokers. He holds the record for most playoff losses while Brady holds the record for most playoff wins and that is so telling. Putting up big numbers twice a year against poor Jaguars, Texan and Titan (now Raiders) teams for years means nothing when the pressure is on and your facing the cream of the crop in the playoffs and you poop your pants.

The funniest thing that the media doesn't mention when talking about the Super Bowl Manning won is that he beat Rex "Sex Cannon" Grossman in the Super Bowl and during those playoffs and Super Bowl...wait for it...wait for it...

He threw 3 TD passes and 7 Interceptions.

This is hilarious, Brock thinking he's going to get to play, c'mon now its not your first day here is it? Manning runs in before him to pad his stats 42-10 up against a win-less Raiders in garbage time:

If you ever needed more evidence in the Brady Vs Manning GOAT debate but unfortunately the media has already decided who the GOAT is. I think it was decided a long time ago that Manning will be GOAT and Brady will just be in the conversation for a top 5 place in the best QBs. The narrative is already written, i had two conversations the week before the Pats Broncos game with a Bills fan and a Bears fan who thought i was so biased for even mentioning Brady in the same breath as Manning. The majority of NFL fans believe Manning is GOAT and its not even close. Its a losing battle, i think Brady needs to win 2 more Superbowls to be considered GOAT by the media while Manning may only need one, if even that.

Look I like Manning personally, seems like a nice genuine guy (a little too nice at time) who is a phenomenal QB but i hate all the ass kissing he gets.

Manning is GOAT of Chokers. He holds the record for most playoff losses while Brady holds the record for most playoff wins and that is so telling. Putting up big numbers twice a year against poor Jaguars, Texan and Titan (now Raiders) teams for years means nothing when the pressure is on and your facing the cream of the crop in the playoffs and you poop your pants.

The funniest thing that the media doesn't mention when talking about the Super Bowl Manning won is that he beat Rex "Sex Cannon" Grossman in the Super Bowl and during those playoffs and Super Bowl...wait for it...wait for it...

He threw 3 TD passes and 7 Interceptions.
I have no problem with offensive players trying to score. Among well-informed fans, Brady wins hands down. Most fans aren't very well-informed.

I don't even think I can sit here and say Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of all time when Brady has the better winning pct , better TD:INT ratio , the career average in stats are not that far off , played 90 percent of his career in the elements, and if it wasn't for 2 years the NFL literally gave the MVP to Manning he would have 3 compared to Brady's two. Tom is the GOAT, but really thinking about it he also has the case of being a stat king

I dont have an issue with them "running up the score" as i think "running up the score" doesn't really exist its up to the defense to stop them unless you are constantly going for it on 4th down and going for 2 when you clearly have the opposition beat.

My issue is that Brock was told to go in and Manning runs onto the pitch in front of him before he could grab his helmet, purely just to pad his stats so he can have more Regular Season TD and Passing records and everybody over at ESPN can cream themselves when they look back at his stats at the end of the season.

Is there a rule if a QB leaves a game before the 4th quarter he can not go back in even if his replacement gets hurt?

One thing I've consistently noticed over time is the run/pass split near the goal-line for Manning. He's lauded as the coach on the field, but no one calls him out for calling his own number constantly inside the 5, year after year, padding his TD stats. It's hard to quantify statistically because the stats aren't available, but P-F-R has splits inside the opponents 10 yard line so the following numbers are all plays over the past 10 years from inside the 10.

Manning: 1030 total plays, 530 rushing attempts (51.46% of all plays), scores on 146 of those rushes (27.5% of all rushes). 487 pass attempts (47.3% of all plays), 200 TD's (41.0% of all passing plays), 15 INT's (1.46% of all plays) and a QB rating of 86.9.

Brady: 1140 total plays, 599 rush attempts (52.5% of all plays), scores on 174 of those rushes (29.1%). 508 pass attempts (44.6% of all plays), 211 TD's (41.5% of all passing plays), 10 INT's (0.88% of all plays) and a QB rating of 95.3.

On their face the numbers are pretty close, but think about what they say. Mannings teams have rushed less and scored on those rushes less often than Brady's. You can make a logical leap (though it could be incorrect) that Manning is calling his number more often, and doing it when the chance of a rushing TD is high (i.e. right near the goal-line). In addition to this, Manning's extra throws are resulting in about the same percentage of TD's, but costing the team with almost twice the chance of an INT.

To put it in perspective, if you applied Manning's percentages to Brady's total attempts inside the 10, the Patriots would have scored 13 fewer rushing TD's but Brady would have 10 more passing TD's. And he'd have thrown 7 more INT's.

Very long story short: Manning pads his stats with short-yardage TD's but often hurts his teams in the process.

are we talking about the same peyton manning here?

Manning is the most Fake Sponsored, scripted, ******** person I have EVER seen. Manning SCREAM politician to me. there is not a single REAL or GENUINE thing about him.

His post game press conference where he opens with, "gosh I just can't wait to get home and have a bud light" His Scripted AND PRACTICED keep away routine after breaking the career tds record.

His constant plugs for sponsors. show me one GENUINE thing he has ever done in his entire life, you will probably have to go back to teh sexual harrassment scandal in Tennessee.

Is there a rule if a QB leaves a game before the 4th quarter he can not go back in even if his replacement gets hurt?

No

I probably laughed way harder at that than I should have.

No. There used to be one that if the 3rd (non-active) QB took the field that neither of the top two options could return, but that's been off the books for years.

We need a forehead subforum.

I agree. You would think that people would be over their obsession since we smacked them 43-21 on national television. I guess not...

No. There used to be one that if the 3rd (non-active) QB took the field that neither of the top two options could return, but that's been off the books for years.

Thanks for the response.

There is only stat that counts. Wins vs Losses.

I agree. You would think that people would be over their obsession since we smacked them 43-21 on national television. I guess not...

Have you seen the other threads on the main board today?

I posted this on another thread, but to reiterate:

Peyton Manning is the king of selective regular season longevity stats but not the king of the regular season by any means.

If you were to give both quarterbacks the same amount of passes and calculate their career percentages into this simple formula, it would look like this:

Tom Brady, 500 attempts, 27.5 TDs, 10 INTs (plus 17.5)
Peyton Manning, 500 attempts, 29.5 TDs, 13 INTs (plus 16.5)

If you run this formula for eternity, Brady will have more TDs minus INTs than Manning, and I'm not sure there is a sane person in the universe who would trade 2 extra TDs for the 3 INTs that get there. Of course, ESPN and the mainstream media are not sane by any measure.

Before Manning joined the incredible Denver offense, he actually had a lower TD percentage than Brady as well, so even with all his years in Indy with all-pro talent, he still didn't throw TDs as as high a rate.

Who has had the better supporting offensive players, by any objective reasoning and standards, by an extremely wide margin? Manning.

Who has had better statistics? Brady.

Which offense has scored more points, despite playing half the year in cold conditions instead of a dome? Brady's Patriots, by 3 points per game on average.

Who has a higher winning percentage by a extremely high margin, one that is so wide that it can't possibly be explained by other factors, such as defense and coaching? Brady.

Who is better? I think it is obvious.

Good story, but in reality there was 40 seconds left in the 3rd Q.

Manning went in, handed off once for 1 yard, and then took as seat at the quarter break. Osweiler came in on the next play, 40 seconds later:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400554396&period=3

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400554396&period=4

Thus he was stat padding with one handoff?

I agree that Manning is a stat padder. This is not one of those instances, however.

You might be thinking of the old emergency QB role, before game day roster was 46, it was 45+ 1, if the +1 entered the game the other QBs were done, by rule, I believe.

Edit: You already got the answer, disregard!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back