PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Aqua the phions made a great move today (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the fact is, anytime the ball is in his hands he has a chance to change the football game. Think of it as Devin Hester only with a pair of hands. He'll touch the ball 6-8 times a game and that's something that excites me.

Is he going to throw it to himself?

They blew it hard. When Goodell came on TV and announced "With the 9th pick in the draft... the Miami Dolphins select...", my office collectively held their breaths. When he said "Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State" you heard a collective forehead slap and some "WTFs" as well as some "here we go again"s. Is Miami's front office ******ed or something? Look at their past drafts and then tell me they're not. COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL YOU THAT WHEN A POTENTIAL NUMBER 1 PICK AND QB WHO PLAYED IN A PRO SYSTEM IN COLLEGE FALLS IN YOUR LAP, YOU TAKE HIM.

I know you were excited about Quinn. You even said you couldn't wait to have him on your team in another thread. But alas, the Dolphins front office makes yet another ingenius draft day decision. Cam Cam should last about three years as head coach before he's fired, but I personally would have fired him after this debacle. I'm actually pissed off FOR Dolphins fans and I really can't even stand the team.

I hadn't started watching the draft at the time of this pissed. Sucks I missed it. Classic.

Let's recap.

Culpepper is a ? at best. They haven't been able to get Green yet and even if they do he's just a stop gap measure. Then they have Cleo Lemon (laughing).

Pats trade a 2nd and 7th for Welker.

Miami picks (laughing again) Ginn at #9 and passes on Brady Quinn. Now they feel they have upgraded Welkers position.

They then pick QB John Beck with their first 2nd rounder and C Samson Satele with their second pick of this round.

Finally Booker in the 3rd, I actually like this pick but they could've picked up someone like this in the 4th.

When they could've refused to trade Welker and kept a proven player with him. Picked Quinn in the first and then WR's Sydney Rice, Dwayne Garrett, or Steve Smith with their 2nd rounder. They then could've picked C Enoka Lucas or some other C or O-lineman with their 3rd. I think they blew this draft!

I think the Phins blew this draft!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill