Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey all!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by CPF, Aug 9, 2006.

1. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't been here in a real looooong time, just thought I would pop in and say hi to all the regulars. It's been a real busy summer (HVAC business) and I'm looking forward to it's impending demise. It doesn't seem like much has changed around here in the time I've been gone, everyone's still "sluggin it out"....good, keep it up, I'll be back soon ;) Take care, CPF
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Nem...We need more CPF's around here...posters who bring uniqueness and intelligence. Instead you recruit children who need videos to debate and you slam a good poster because he is a good Christian. NEM, you say you are Jewish but this isn't Lebanon over here...no need to hate other faiths...Boo on you NEM.

WELCOME BACK CPF...STICK AROUND!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
  3. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love you to NEM, tnx for the welcome ;)
  4. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM's Jewish? This is a revelation to me. We shouldn'rt have any problems then because, after all, Jesus was Jewish too and I love that Guy.

Hey thanks for the warm welcome F.B.N, but really, do expect anything different from NEM? I've just learned to set my expectations ecceptionally low where he is concerned...he han't missed the mark yet;) Take care, CPF
  5. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM, this was always one of your major problems in all of our conversations. You want to make these sweeping statements, like the one above, but when it comes down to specifics you seem to lose focus. Let me try anyway.......Would you like to be more specific NEM? How exactly is He wrong?

NEM, I'm not quite sure where you get this idea from, Evangelicals are almost accross the board supporters of the nation of Israel. Again, could you be a bit more specific? Take care, CPF.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why is that? :confused:
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

If you are an evangelical you believe that the Jews are God's chosen people.
  8. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM, if eschatological prophesy is tied up in that region (which I believe it is), then it's not going to make a lick of difference whether Evangelicals support Israel or not. What's going to happen will happen regardless. I think most of the support for Israel stems from the common ground we both stand on. We both recognize the Old Testament as divinely inspired Scripture, and we both see God's providence coming directly through the line of Isaac, via Abraham. Not to mention that Christ, as well as the majority of the early Church were all Jewish.

That is true, but there is a huge difference between believing that those that due not accept Christ are lost and mourning over it and actually "wanting" it to happen. I don't "want" people to die in their sin, that's why I try to tell as many people as I can about Christ, so they don't have to. Of course in the end we all have a choice to make and I can't force anyone choose Christ, that's a decision they have to make for themselves.

Well not all Evangelicals have the same view of eschatology that you espouse here but we all agree with Christ that He is the only way to have peace with God. Remember we are all going to die NEM, what happens after that depends on the choices you make while your alive.

NEM, I thought you were this "all inclusive", "don't tell me what to believe" kind of guy, so excuse me if this seems a bit weird coming from you. I don't ever remember you mentioning you were Jewish in any of our previous correscpondence. Do you practice Judaism or is it just a cultural thing? I do remember you saying that your wife was a Charasmatic Christian, that must make for some interesting conversation around the breakfast table eh?

Yes Jesus was a Jew, but he fulfilled much of the prophecy pertaining to the Messiah as well as a good portion of the Law, radicalized Judaism and changed it to the point that it became something else entirely. You know there are Jews that follow Christ, they call themselves Messianic Jews and while we differ a bit on the peripheral stuff, I think they are spot on with their core doctrine. Take care NEM, CPF.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh..............:cool:
    Didn't recognize the name. I forgot about CPF and his roots. We went around a few times on the creation / evolution thing.
    I was only kidding, CPF, when I started the thread on that subject. I think we beat that one to death, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I want a better lesson on how the Theory of Kalam brought forth the genetic diversity we see around us. :cool:
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Hey CPF, nice to hear from old friends. Hope your doing well in your ventures. Don't be a stranger.
  12. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God is a myth, religion is dogma, and the bible is 100% garbage.
  13. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My God, ELORocks, something on which we agree. Jesus Christ!
  14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Halle-effing-luia

You godless heathens will burn in hell together.
  15. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hahaha--the jokes on you AAbrownnose...If I dont belive in god..why would i belive in hell?
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats a good one ELO. It only took like two years for you to come up with that?
  17. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What? calling you AAbrownnose? Nah...i thought that up long ago, but i usually ignore your liberal screeching.
  18. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ahhh AAB, it's good to see you haven't lost that smug sense of humor.....it's so endearing! You and I both know that the Kalam argument in no way attempts to predict diversity of any kind, it is simply an argument for first, or intial cause......but you already knew that didn't you? Good to hear from you by the way, take care, CPF
  19. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would be more than happy to debate the issues of God, Christ and the Bible (in no particular order) with anyone that is interested in more than simply taking "potshots", just let me know and we can start a seperate thread. Thanks to all that have welcomed me, it's nice to be back. Take care, CPF
  20. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was funny;) Yes we did beat the heck out of that one, but I'm always up for discussion on that subject if anyone is stupid enough to post on it:p Good to hear from you Wistah, take care, CPF