Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hey, A-Rod: Thanks for reminding us why you're such a douche

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by Fixit, May 23, 2007.

1. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

Nice slide, ass. I'm praying he gets in between Youkilis and third base tonight.
  2. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Shill will retaliate tonight. I hope. Hit him,let him get on base,then nail him again:D
  3. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Hopefully shill faces him when he's just about ready to leave the game....then earhole him. hopefully this will silience all the "let's replace lowell with arod next year" talk:cool:
  4. mtbykr

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Gotta love how Pedroia responded:

"He went in late and threw an elbow, but it's no big deal. I know now that when he's going in, my arm slot drops to the floor. Some people play like that, and some people come in with hard, clean slides." -- 5.22.07, Dustin Pedroia on the elbow-throwing Alex Rodriguez

Mabey the douchebag will think twice about that kind of crap when he takes a dp in the chops
  5. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

I'm against the pitcher retaliating for the sole reason that it's poor strategy to give them a free baserunner. My approach would be to wait as long as necessary for the right opportunity, and then decleat him with extreme prejudice.
  6. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the Yanks are languishing. Don't give them anything to get fired up about. Plunking a-rod would be foolish.

he sure is a douche, though.
  7. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +51 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

that would be funny as hell. Bean him...then hit him with a pick off throw about ten times in a row.
  8. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  9. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Alex Rodriguez today spoke about his run-in last night with Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia.

"It was an awkward slide," A-Rod said. "We we're fighting for every run. I'm playing as hard as I can. I kind of came up. I definitely didn't roll or anything like that. It was definitely not intentional."

He was asked if he took exception to Pedroia's comments against him.

"No exception. None whatsoever," A-Rod responds. "They have their opinions over there. I'm just glad it got us a run. I like Pedroia. I have a lot of respect for those guys over there.

"Every run for us is like huge. I'm just not going to go in like a little baby doll and try to hug him. I'm trying to play hard."

A-Rod was told that Pedroia may change his throwing motion to avoid such a play.

"That's a good idea," A-Rod said. "I played shortstop for a long time and some guys really hit you hard. I barely touched him (Pedroia)."

Let's see:

Slaps the ball out of Arroyo's glove, then acts like he didn't do anything...

Stays in front of a ball coming in from the outfield to prevent a Yankee from getting doubled up off of first, then pretends like he didn't see it...

Slides hard left and pushes himself into Pedroia, with a nice forearm for good measure, then says he didn't do it on purpose...

My word, he's such a biznitch. He's MLB's answer to Bruce Bowen.
  10. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Schilling looks awful.
  11. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 13 / -7

#12 Jersey

Are you sure that you are spelling it right? Shouldn't it be ShELLing?....Thank gawd they didn't sign him for longer than one year....because he is done. Yeah he was 4-1 so far this year....but he would be about 2-2 at best based on his pitching alone........Awful....awful display by Shell tonight.......And here I thought Tavares was going to get pounded....who knew!
  12. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's done. Not saying he doesn't have some good games ahead, but...the Sox were smart not to extend him beyond this year. He's not getting the run support he needs either-no way can he do it on pitching alone anymore. His "pitching duel" days are over.
    Tavarez was one I was worried about too especially based on his performances last year,but he's been a nice surprise and definitely the best starter performance in this series lol.
  13. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No joke Tavarez did great
  14. star12

star12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That he is. Ever since he tried to knock the ball out of arroyos hand during the ACLs i cant stand the jerk!~!
  15. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

you know what crazy.....is that sometimes with all the AROD bashing in NY, I sometimes actually feel bad for AROD.

...and then he has to pull off a dirty, panzy move that will remind me why he is so hated in the first place.
  16. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

A-Rod is a big loser and always will be. Also Schilling looked great tonight going 7 and giving up 1 run while getting the win
  17. mtbykr

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

the fact that they are so far out of first place may be a blessing for arod since the fans have plenty to complain about that they can't focus on him
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -2

A-Rod didn't do anything that Cabrera wasn't doing in the playoff series in 2004, and people around here still love Cabrera. It looks bad when the guy on the other team is doing it. Speaking of which, will you feel the same way if A-Rod opts out and comes to play short here in Boston? Hmmm.....:D It is a distinct possibility. A-rod is a douche either way. A very talented douche. ;)
  19. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hmmm, A-Rod or Lugo at short?
    Screw that. I would sign A-rod in a heartbeat.
    Dump JD Drew and his preposterous salary and use
    some of it to sign Alex. Even Alex isn't that greedy.
  20. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 2 / -1

Was Cabrera doing this, too?

Stray-Rod

Not that I think it'll happen, but if he ever came to Boston I'd root for an HBP every single time he was at the plate. That's not a joke.