Welcome to PatsFans.com

He's done it again!Obama shatters another record!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Gov't sets record deficit...

The federal government recorded its worst monthly deficit in history in February, according to a preliminary report Wednesday from the Congressional Budget Office that said the deficit in fiscal year 2012 is already more than half a trillion dollars. Heres a question for you lefties,since I've heard a lot lefties say that deficits don't matter.Why does anyone have to pay taxes??????
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You spelled "Congress" wrong in the thread title. It says Obama for some reason?

Anyway....

Here is a question for YOU...

Name me the last time the deficit went DOWN....then name me the president.

the answer will shock and amaze you!
  3. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Oh! Oh! Mister Kotter! I know!
  4. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

OK I'll play. Bill Clinton.
    Heres one for you.
    Name that congress.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Exactly!

So, please give this tired crap a rest. Obama is presiding over all of the past presidents debt. Mix in two discressionary wars, and a medicare part D plan and we begin to see how difficult getting out from under this debt will be...

(as long as we keep spending on war, war and war)

follow up....BONUS QUESTION:

Name me the most debt free nation on Earth?

double bonus:

Who owns most of our debt?

again....

shocking answers!
  6. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

LMFAO..Which way is the trend going?At what point does Obama own the economy?Was it Bushes economy in Feb.? Was it Bushes stimulus? is it Bushes Obamacare? (which the effects of haven't even kicked in yet)

I'm still waiting for someone to answer this question.

Heres a question for you lefties,since I've heard a lot lefties say that deficits don't matter.Why does anyone have to pay taxes??????
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It was Bush's discressionary spending on two wars
    It was Bush's tax cuts that currently occupy the greatest portion of future debt
    It was Bush's Bailout

he was just the guy who came before Obama.

I believe the real problem started with Reagan, and the push for supply side economics.

But the most concrete aspect of this entire crap is "Credit"

your question as to "why we pay taxes?" is pretty simple to answer. Freedom ain't free. You enjoy your roads, highways, military etc?

What would you do....

team amercia - freedom is not free.wmv - YouTube

Buck-o-five....
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

Never heard a lefty say that, but I do know that the quote "Ronald Reagan showed us that deficits don't matter" was said by a Bushie.

But partisanship aside - is the converse of your question,

"I think deficits do matter. Why doesn't anyone have to pay taxes?"

[​IMG]

Well, Grover?
  9. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Ummm.... the SAME congress that was in place for the first 6 years of George W. Bush turning around all the good that Clinton did with it in the 90's????????

Hmmmmm.......

Obama was called in to put out the fire in a burning building. He had to knock down some walls and break some windows. The fire is out.

W. set the fire. He had been given a nice clean house by Clinton. W = arsonist.

Given your level of economics "understanding", I had to write this in a manner you might be able to digest.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Answer: The same direction it was going when Obama was elected.

Now answer this: Which way was the trend going when W. came in?
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I like how it's congress' fault when it's not your joe's congress in charge, but yet that same joe's congress wasn't in charge when they point stuff they do like, that they just said congress was responsible for. :confused:

Spending has been, and still is out of control. That's all I know.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The best way to stop this drain on our economy is to stop all of these insane wars that are huge unfunded liabilities..

Interesting stat I heard on the radio the other day, all the spending we have spent on the space program since 1960 does not equal the pentagon's budget for one year...... that is telling.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

Here's a novel idea that may help....

Do not pass any more economic stimulus proposals!

The fact that we're all paying a 4% to social security instead of 6% is just plain ludicrous with a social security system that is on the brink.

Our gov't needs to stop being short-term greedy and start doing what is best for us in the long-term. Since our federal gov't wants to lie to us and say we are now in recovery, then lets start acting like it.

How much do all want to bet that Obama will soon announce "A comprehensive economic plan" that involves another huge chunk of added deficit? Now if he surprises us and actually has a plan that will not add to our deficit (i.e. cut military spending equal to the amount of the stimulis), then I'll tip my hat.

Let us keep in mind that any tax-cut is the same as gov't spending....
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -9

And THAT my friend is a fact, not an opinion!
  15. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Same direction it was going when Obama was elected except more than twice as fast.

Bush hasn't been president for over 3 years...or longer than we have been without a federal budget.
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

There is absolutely no way the U.S. can survive at this level of public debt, and we are absolutely certain to go under immediately after Zimbabwe, Japan, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Greece, Lebanon, Iceland, Antiqua and Barbuda, Jamaica, Italy, Ireland, Barbados, Portugal, Sudan, Belgium, Singapore, Egypt, France, Belize, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Dominica, Saint Lucia, Hungary, Bahrain, Israel, and Austria.

WE ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST DEBTOR NATION EXCEPT FOR 29 OTHER ONES INCLUDING A LOT OF THEM THAT PULLED THE PLUG ON STIMULUS WAY BEFORE US!!!! (Eurozone)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2186rank.html

If you prefer an all-in # to the CIA measure...

News Headlines

WE ARE #20! WE ARE #20!!!!

How did the other 19 or 29 countries get to the point they got to pursuing policies opposite to ours? How did they manage to do it without Obama as president?

How come the Eurozone, which cut off its stimulus measures WAY short of what we did, has so much more debt?

Face it: you guys don't get the economy, full stop. In fact, if you were in any way in charge of it, it would be full stop.

We were the epicenter of "The Great Recession" based on idiotic laissez faire policies and corporate welfare, and you guys know it -- or should. This, combined with a "borrow and spend" ethos, huge war costs kept off the books, etc., put us where we are now -- and the "obama spending" you guys whine about would be "McCain spending" or whoever, and you would have cheered it... only it would have been less effective.

What's Obama's part of this? He is leading the recovery, and to bottom-line it, that's been a matter of spotting the liquidity in this economy and it's continued to this day. It would have been a depression otherwise, not a recession, and deep down you guys know that too. You just want to whine about the pres.

Dum-dums: We tried "give all the breaks to the rich people."

We got ourselves so fu(ked that we had to spot the system's liquidity in a huge way. This president is responding to this crisis with a "what works" policy. And guess what? It keeps working.

This morning's job report is once again pretty solid. And for two years now we've been turning it around on the private-sector side. The biggest headwind right now in terms of jobs is the war on the public sector. Even gubmit workers without jobs are counted as unemployed.

So stop crying crocodile tears over job losses if you want to simultaneously cry about debt and demand more job losses.

Thank God one of your teabagger heroes hasn't been in charge the last 3 years.

PFnV
  17. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

You wanna bet in ten days it gets revised?
  18. Why?PJ

Why?PJ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That has to be the single most mentally sick thing I have ever read. Not stealing is not the same as stealing. Why is that hard for people to get. All taxes are theft.
    bla bla bla... They are all about to fail. Actually a bunch of them have already failed, and you just don't know it.

Of course that is because you have no clue when it comes to economics. Or what is happening in this world.

Only someone who would do or say anything to make that loser obama look good would think he has done anything to make this economy better.

I am sure doing everything he could to get the keystone pipeline stopped made the economy oh so much better...

never mind screwing everyone at both gm and chrysler when he took them over....

Or how about refusing to issue drilling permits...

never mind everything else he is doing that is completely illegal...

The only real way to make our economy actually better is to make it illegal for anyone who voted for obama to ever vote again. i'd really rather banish them all from this country as well.

Obama hates this country, he hates all americans. they want to detroy us. When will you get that?
  19. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Exactly, Real World.

Patrodomous: Post #4

"OK I'll play. Bill Clinton.
    Heres one for you.
    Name that congress."

That was in response to Holy Diver asking in post #2:

"Name me the last time the deficit went DOWN....then name me the president.
    the answer will shock and amaze you!"
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Why can't the "inteligent democrats" see what Obama is doing to this country.