Welcome to PatsFans.com

He's Better Off In The Army

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Loon America:
    Stupid friggin Judge awards custody of 17 year old son to his father, the father is homeless, he lives in a cardboard box, the mother makes $90,000 a year. This judge should be sent to Libya then handcuffed, stripped naked, then a sign should be hung around his neck that says "f-ck allah" then he should be turned loose in the streets.

A sane right wing neo con Judge should take this case over.

News Today:
    A Brooklyn judge ordered a teen to live with his homeless dad -- in a shelter -- after the boy's mom, a $90,000-a-year court worker, was critical of the legal process, court papers reveal.

Jeannette Traylor was even denied visitation rights -- despite the fact that the 17-year-old boy's dad, John Jacobs, "has been living in storefronts and borrowed rooms and basements" for years, according to the court papers.

The dad "constantly misled" investigators -- and a psychologist testified that he had "severe reservations" about Jacobs' parenting skills, the papers say.

Read more: Judge gives custody of son to homeless dad - NYPOST.com
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

How about the rest of it, Harry? (And we know there's always a rest of it when Harry's concerned.)

Court papers reveal a 2008 allegation by the teen that Traylor struck him with an umbrella, a charge she denies.

The judge's decision also shows that Traylor had been arrested several times, but notes that she has never been convicted of anything. Traylor said all the arrests were at her husband's request.

Before rendering his final decision, the judge took a swipe at Traylor for being "quick to offer barbed criticism of the court and the legal process."

In the end, the judge said, his decision was based on the wishes of the boy, a junior at a Brooklyn Catholic high school where his mother pays the tuition.

The teen demanded to live with his father, telling the court that Traylor was "self-absorbed" and uninterested in his issues, the court said.

Read more: Judge gives custody of son to homeless dad - NYPOST.com
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

This is inappropriate. There is no way to prove it, but it sure looks like this was a vindictive decision.

Hmm...what if he had demanded a Corvette? I wish I knew that teenagers' demands were legally binding back when I was in high school.

Makes sense to me that someone with a job has less time on her hands than her unemployed ex-husband.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I read it, boo hoo, he got hit with an umbrella she sounds like a no nonsense mother to me, there are a lot of kids that need an umbrella beating out there, the gang banger culture is loaded with them, imagine whats going to happen to him when he's sleeping under a bridge with daddy some night and ten or fifteen wino's and junkies.

America is going friggin nuts.

:bricks:
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

A child's wishes have always been considered in disputed custody cases.

In some states it is the deciding factor, depending on the laws in that particular state. I'd have to look up this state to know if that was true in this case.

My own kids were fairly young when I got divorced. There was not a custody issue but there were visitation issues. My sons (aged 9 and 11) were talked to by a psychiatric court appointee, a legal guardian appointed to represent their interests and the judge. It ended up being the deciding factor, although not the only factor in the final judgement.

A 17 year old should surely be allowed to, if not outright choose, have a definite say in where he/she wants to go.
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Funny that the thread title mentions the army. He's old enough to decide to join the army (w/parents' approval, I believe -- and within 1 year without) and go to war but not to decide which parent he wants to live with.

Got it.

-------

That said, I do hope that the father demonstrated some means of supporting this kid.

As for the judge, even if the mother's criticisms had no bearing on the decision, the judge showed poor judgment in mentioning it and even giving the appearance of impropriety. And if he did let it influence his decision, he should be removed from his position.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

The kid can always say, "Phark the judge, I'm living with my mother!"

Which he should do. And that judge should immediately be dismissed. Not penalized....DISMISSED permanently!

Seems that everyone involved in this case is a nutjob...
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Why would he say that when he's already said he wants to live with his father?
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

He's nuts too like the judge, his mother and his f-cked up father, they all belong in the nut house but of course we don't have nut house's anymore, the nuts got rid of them.

Attention Islam:
    Come and take us, we need you.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

Which is why I also wrote....

11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

The child wanted to live with the dad, I don't get the problem.
    Then again, I don't get the title or the Islam comments.
    Seems the rant is about cardboard boxes versus a salary of $90,000.
    Would need to see more information as those alone don't determine fitness.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

Well, since the father gets custody, the mother will be forced to provide child support. So that's at least 25% of $90k...hmmm...yup, that means the idiot mom will have to fork over at least $22.5K annually. And since the kid is 17, I think she'll have to pay more than 25%.

Since the mom is a self-absorbed woman, this is PERFECT! She won't have any cash left over to feed her self-absorbtion....I'm starting to like this judge!!

Final note: The judge better have made her provide child support.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

The Title:
    I thought the kid would be better off in the Army than with either his "Bum Father" or his nutty mother, but now I see the kid is a nut also he wants to live in the cardboard box with his goofy father.

The Islam Comment:
    America is heading down a road where I believe we would be better of with an Islamic Government, an Islamic government would never tolerate Left Wing Liberalisms Sh!t, the first thing an Islamic administration would do is Behead all the liberals, or maybe just remove their tongues so they couldn't spew their crap.

Back in the good old days :singing: no Judge in their right mind would give custody to a Nut Homeless Bum, he would have been Dis-Robed and Declamptified.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

NY law says 17% for one child - and I'm unsure why you think age has anything to do with it. Maybe it does in MA but I'd have to see it to believe it. Makes no difference in New York.

$90,000 - $90,099

1 child
    $15,300

2 children
    $22,500

3 children
    $26,100

4 children
    $27,900

https://newyorkchildsupport.com/pdfs/cssa_2010.pdf
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Wishes are not demands. The way the article was written made it sound like that was the deciding factor, especially in light of the fact that the father had no place in which his son could, you know, live with him.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

17% for one child? It's more expensive in NY than in MA, so I wonder how they get away with that. But the guy should take every dime he has coming, wouldn't you agree?
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

This will be ironic. You mention that the child is better off in the army. There is a good chance that his father served in the army. A good percentage of homeless served our country. How do you know his father is a bum? Because he lives in a cardboard box? I don't know that he served. I do know that our government does not take care of our veterans. I do know that the Republicans who are always gung-ho to go to war, do not vote to take care of our vets.
    You may be right, but I sure wouldn't be jumping all over the liberals on this one.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Your right, but it always seems that if something screwy and whacky is going the liberals seem to be right in the middle of it.

I have to control myself.

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Just for the sake of clarity, (which is always sorely lacking in a Harry thread) the father is NOT living in a cardboard box. Nor, according to the article, has he ever actually lived in a cardboard box.

the 17-year-old boy's dad, John Jacobs, "has been living in storefronts and borrowed rooms and basements

The judge has also ordered that the boy continue living in a shelter with the dad - not a cardboard box.

A Brooklyn judge ordered a teen to live with his homeless dad -- in a shelter

Read more: Brooklyn judge gives custody of 17-year-old boy to homeless father - NYPOST.com
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

And they'll love the right wing bible thumpers' sh!t, huh?

----------

Why does harry hate America? :singing:

21. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

good point -- so the homelessness becomes a moot point, doesn't it?

(wonder if she was paying alimony... :) )
  22. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Nuts:
    The Judge
    The Father
    The Mother
    The Kid
  23. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I imagine about as much as they admire "gay marriage". :p
  24. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

You're behind, brandon -- that was part of harry's "point" :)
  25. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Homosexual Marriage never entered my mind, actually that has never bothered me (who gives a sh!t) I was thinking more along the lines of an Islamic Cop Reading You Your Rights.

Do Iranian cops ever say "you have the right to remain silent"-----:singing:

I just thought of something.
  26. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Well, you said, "...an Islamic government would never tolerate Left Wing Liberalisms Sh!t.." and equal rights for gays, including marriage, is clearly an issue supported by the left.

Why don't your fellow "neo-cons" feel the same as you, I wonder.

I guess the question, then, is why individual rights are something you view as the purview of the left rather than the "small government" right.
  27. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Why is the request of a 17 year old even in the news???.. and why is it politicized???...

Money is not everything, the mother could be a narcissistic ahole... if the kid realizes he made a mistake, he can go back home, in reality not too many folks get concerned about these types of decisions that a 17 year old makes...

Except the mediots..

The Courts should not even be involved in this bullshyt...
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011