Welcome to PatsFans.com

He's Back

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

Bin Laden just sent us a message today, he is getting ready to kill some more of us, right here in the USA.

Maybe if we send Murtha/Pelosi/Reid/Kennedy/Gore and Sean Penn over to see him and SURRENDER he might leave us alone.

Gee, I hope he isn't mad about the "wiretapping", oh God help us.
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If only our troops weren't in Iraq right now... We could have caught the SOB.
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

Grasping at straws now, aren't we?

If where up to liberals we could send OBL to counseling and anger management classes.
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bush has no interest in catching Osama, remember? He's said so on several occasions. Here's what the flipflopper actually said. Notice the transition from bravado to ultimate failure confession.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
    - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
    - Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
    The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
    official White House site
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)
    [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

Good job Georgie! Tool.​
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 1 / -9

Jimmy "Sissy" Carter could build him a new house, here's the bricks for it :bricks:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wouldnt call it grasping at straws at all. How come we fought a half-assed campaign in Afghanistan, where we knew Bin Laden to be hiding, and then went all-out into Iraq? Hmmm...
  7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

According to Rumsfeld, there just weren't enough hard targets in Afghanistan to help the GOP political cause. Others would say there weren't enough oil wells to bloat the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld political coffers.
  8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sheesh...and you say I'm brainwashed....
  9. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Easy there, we went to Iraq (contrary to what is said on both the left and right) for one reason. After 911, Bush said that he would go after the terrorists and those nations that harbor them. Well, it seems that Israel was having a particularly nasty time with those pesky terrorists themselves at that time. It also seems that there was this country named Iraq that actually had bazaars and festivals in the occupied territories to recruit terrorists against Israel. Imagine that. Funny thing is, this guy, Sharon, was in power at the time. He had pretty much of his fill with that sponsorship nonsense. So he calls up his friend in the White House and says "hey, George, whats good for the goose..." George says " No No! That won't do at all! If you attack Iraq, the whole region will go to s**t! We will make up an excuse and do it for ya, but you do nothing!"

I'm not making this up. The entire thing short of the "conversation was on 60 minutes in Dec '01.

We are still there because we drew the AQ into a suckers fight after the overthrow. Seems ABL wanted Saddam out as bad as we did. Told his people to let us do our thing, then with Saddam gone, go in and get the infedels. That worked for us. See, its a lot better to have them attacking our combat troops, who swore to do this job, by the way, than it is for them to attack civilians in the U.S.

Worked for quite a while, too. Seems ABL finally figured out what we were up to, and is getting back to his origional plan.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Now what do we do? Why didn't we just go into Afghanistan and whipe the place clean, get Bin Ladin and his goofs, and let Hussein hold Iraq to himself? What day did you wake up and give a flying f-ck about Iraqi's lives? The "keep the Israeli's out of it" theory is really interesting, but I think that was just one of many excuses the chimp will use to justify why we're there. Short of us being pinned down there forever, our effect there will last only as long as we stay. Why didn't we use the first moments after the WTC attacks to circle Afghanistan and get the bad guys - ALL OF THEM - and simultaneously level the Kingdom of SA?
  11. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You will never hear the admin use the "keep Israel out of it" reason. It is the real reason, not an excuse. To admit it would create the war the admin is trying to avoid. Really, take the time and go through the old newspapers and transcripts of these news shows at the time. Look at what Israel was saying. Look at the timing of ABL's decree to let us take Sadaam down and then go in and fight the infedels. The military has had the entire country of Iraq under a microscope from space since the first gulf war. No one in Iraq itches their nose without someone knowing about it. The military could have closed Iraq off like a bank safe. They didn't. They let these AQ fighters, and leaders, into the country on purpose. This has kept the AQ busy (till now) there and not here. It has let the military and (lack of) intelligence departments take down or kill thousands of them, including some very important ones. Its almost impossible to go get them in Pakistan. But really easy to draw them out in the open desert of Iraq. Like I said, it was a suckers fight. Sadly, it has cost American lives. But these lives are combatants. They signed up for that job. They weren't drafted. And they all read the agreement that stated that they could go to war and die. And went anyway. They are heros, and dont forget that.
    But they were combatants, not assistant chefs at the Windows on the World. Or secretaries. Or families going to Disney for vacation.

It was done on purpose. And for good reasons. I am not against this war for these reasons. I may not like this admin a lot, but I understand the reasons here.
  12. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +255 / 13 / -21

#15 Jersey

A suckers fight, huh? So who's the suckers again? Drawn out into the desert? Fortunately in your world terrorists now only exist in Iraq. They have miraculasly taken the bait and all converged in Iraq. No need to worry about sects living in Sudan, Algeria, Indonesia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia et al. Oh, wait. I forgot the United States.

The "combatants", as you so callously refer to, are the most generous Americans of all. They are volunteers that we should use only when ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, not to "Shake things up". Their lives are worth more than that. No, they are not like assistant chefs or secrataries. They are our guardian angels along with police, fire and EMT's. To waste the lives of these great individuals is a shameful act.

You are right about one thing. It was done on purpose, with complete disregard for the families of the men and women who would have to be involved in Iraq and complete disregard for the victims families of 9-11. OBL and Afghanistan became an afterthought when King George saw his opportuninty.

I would feel alot safer if Bush was still in Texas executing criminls instead of wasting good Americans lives on a battlefield that will become the Korean War of our time (with Iran substituting as N.Korea). There is no "Victory" to be had. Only an attempt to get out with some shred of dignity.

This Administration should apologize to our great young men and women in the military for mishandling this ill-begotten battle in Iraq and failing to focus on terrorism worlwide and letting the murders of 3,000 innocent Americans go unpunished so the families can listen to Osama talk his s**t all these years later.

Shame on all of our leaders, Rep. an Dem., for allowing this to happen.
  13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Yeah, that's great. We'll use our troops as fodder to keep OBL out of America. That sounds like the kind of calculation only a Republican would embrace.
  14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why did it take so long to get troops into Afghanistan? It was a time of incredible inaction and one has to ask why.
    Had he swamped Afghanistan and leant extremely heavily on Pakistan to help, the rest of the world would have been very sympathetic. Now, the US has no credibility left. Iran could well be developing nukes (it certainly seems possible) but, after Iraq, nobody will believe the US and UK when we say that Iran is a clear and present danger.
  15. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nope, not a Republican. Not a Democrat. Not a Libertarian either (though I do like their domestic platform, just cant abide that whole "free trade sell out" thing on international issues). Stuck in Limbo, missing RR, and finding no-one of merit to vote for.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Here we go again, fighting our pain-in-the-ass little brother's battles for them (Israel) according to part of your theory. Maybe we should have insisted on them fighting AQ and taking out Saddam for US for a change (with all those cool toys we bought them) while we found OBL and skinned him in Central Park on pay-per-view. What's the point of buying them a military if they never have to use it?

I'm glad you have all the reasons for this bullsh-t "war" figured out but I still don't get it.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I gotta agree with you, except I'm waiting for someone else to show up, but George Washington ain't walking through that door any time soon.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Start putting stock in Bob Graham 08.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0