Welcome to PatsFans.com

He's at it again. Some things never change...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

NOW, with anti-war sentiment still hovering in the feverish stage (but diminishing daily), Bill Clinton is saying "flatly" he was agin it from the get go.

[size=+3]Bill Clinton Flatly Asserts He Opposed War at Start[/size]

By PATRICK HEALY
    Published: November 28, 2007

During a campaign swing for his wife, former President Bill Clinton said flatly yesterday that he opposed the war in Iraq “from the beginning” — a statement that is more absolute than his comments before the invasion in March 2003.

David Lienemann/ Associated Press

Former President Bill Clinton spoke Tuesday in Muscatine, Iowa, on behalf of his wife.
    Before the invasion, Mr. Clinton did not precisely declare that he opposed the war. A week before military action began, however, he did say that he preferred to give weapons inspections more time and that an invasion was not necessary to topple Saddam Hussein.

At the same time, he also spoke supportively about the 2002 Senate resolution that authorized military action against Iraq.

Advisers to Mr. Clinton said yesterday that he did oppose the war, but that it would have been inappropriate at the time for him, a former president, to oppose — in a direct, full-throated manner — the sitting president’s military decision.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/u...html?_r=3&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

[size=+3]... but this is what he said in 2004:[/size]

That's why I supported the Iraq thing. There was a lot of stuff unaccounted for. So I thought the President had an absolute responsibility to go to the U.N. and say, "Look, guys, after 9/11, you have got to demand that Saddam Hussein lets us finish the inspection process." You couldn't responsibly ignore [the possibility that] a tyrant had these stocks. I never really thought he'd [use them]. What I was far more worried about was that he'd sell this stuff or give it away. Same thing I've always been worried about North Korea's nuclear and missile capacity. I don't expect North Korea to bomb South Korea, because they know it would be the end of their country. But if you can't feed yourself, the temptation to sell this stuff is overwhelming. So that's why I thought Bush did the right thing to go back. When you're the President, and your country has just been through what we had, you want everything to be accounted for.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,994507-8,00.html

Sounds like Clinton VOTED for Bush. In BOTH 2000 and 2004!!

//

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bill Clinton was a lying PoS.... with closer ties to the Bush Cabal than many people think... there, we said it...

now, at what point will you ever do the same regarding Boy King?

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The point is NOT so much that he lied or was disingenuous then, now, or whenever; the point is: he and Hillary will do ANYTHING to get elected, to get their hands on the POWER. They are power junkies, and they have had a POWER "jones" since they left the White House. It's like a drug for them. Both of them. That's precisely why they are unqualified. They want it too much.

//

4. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

This is the perfect example of politics. He believes one thing, but says another because it's better politically. The Clinton's are masters of this....say whatever will keep you popular and in power! There is far too much of this crap on both sides of the aisle. I firmly believe that the next president will be the person (no matter what side) who leaves the crap political talk behind and speaks to their values and what they believe.......although one has yet to step forward that I know about. (I heard a little of this in a Huckabee interview, but I don't' know enough about him to make a judgement)

You mean lie, and do what's best politically? If Clinton firmly believed that the war was wrong, but he didn't want to rip the new administration....then just don't say anything at all. That would go against the character of both the Clinton's....they will say whatever is best for them politically. It's not limited to them though, there is far too much of it going on on both sides.
    Say what you want about Bush, (and there is plenty to complain about) at least he says what he thinks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

I commend you young man, God bless you.