Welcome to PatsFans.com

He's Against Gay Marriage Now This

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 13, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

This one should get The Bush Haters all bent out of shape, the scumbags over at NBC will all have to be sedated.

BREAKING: The White House will object to the release of detainee abuse photos, an administration official says, due to concerns about national security.
    POLITICO 44 | A Living Diary of the Obama Presidency
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Shocking...not really.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 5 / -2

There really is no need to release these photos. We've seen Abu GRaib, and that's all that was needed. The only thing the release of these photos would do, is build anamosity against us, put americans in danger, and help man-created-disaster recruitment. With AG alredy being googleable, why release these? If the gubmit wants to be more "transparent", then I can think of a zillion other pictures, files, and documents it could release before these.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +260 / 9 / -26

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The ACLU is hemorrhaging everywhere. Fifty heads exploded this morning alone, all long-haired dope-smoking ACLU-types in their fancy headquarters. They thought they had tied up and bagged the O-man, but he did a 180 on them, and they are soiling their drawers. :rofl:

If this keeps up, Obama will be endorsing Jeb Bush in 2011, campaigning for him, and getting ACORN to dig up millions of dead bodies to vote for him. ..... :singing:

Life is good.

:yeeha:.................................:yeeha:...............................:yeeha:

//
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Love how most are pissed about the pictures being released...and not the TORTURE.

Thanks Rummy! You did a heck of a job!
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So now we can quit with all the Obama = liberal assertions. He's as middle of the road as Clinton.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm pleased the photos aren't being released but let’s be realistic here. Obama helped himself get elected with the campaign rhetoric and is now finding out about the reality of leading. I'm taking a cynical look at this right now. It seems to me that during Bush administration, haters thought the more Abu Ghraib pictures the better and few worried too much about the safety of our troops or our image in the rest of the world. It's a different story now though that a new legacy is being written….but whatever. At least he’s doing the right thing no matter what the motivation is. Maybe his eyes are opening up a bit.

No doubt the New York Times is scrambling to figure out what the heck they’re going to do now that Obama just squashed 37 front page story opportunities they though they had coming:cool:
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

If Obama keeps this stuff up I might even vote for him next time, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bush's invite him to a cookout up in Kennebunk.

Dick Cheney is Obama's cousin they'll probably be getting together soon also.

Obama Family Reunion:
    Zugoonda Obama (lives in a grass hut)
    George Obama (smokes a bong)
    Aunt Zucchini Obama (illegal alien on food stamps)
    Samson Obama (child molester)
    Dick Cheney (cousin)
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Except he's not. He's doing the pragmatic thing. Hiding things from the people when they're the ones footing the bill is not kosher.

And a judge has already rejected this argument. What he's really doing is protecting himself politically so he can say he opposed the release when they eventually are released.
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I like how you put DICK cheney right right below a didler....nice work.

I think big O did the right thing, we've already seen pictures like or worse than these, why inflame passons again.
    It was also a shrewd political move by him, these pics WILL be leaked at some point. But Oby will be able to look like hes above it all.
  12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's important to establish that the behaviors were systematic and not isolated. It's not always pragmatic to do the right thing, but you do it anyway.
  13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Releasing these pictures do not establish anything new so why is it the right thing?
  14. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Read the post again.
  15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You don't need to release these to get a conviction, we know its been done. An example would be a serial killer. Autorities usually can't get enough evidence to convict someone like the Green River Killer of all the murders hes suspecting of having commited but one is enough. So is it worth it to fan the flames all over again imo its not.
  16. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm talking about letting the American people know. It's our government, we have a right to see what they're doing in our name and with our money.
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I don't need to see more pictures to know or imagine the extent of what the previous adm. was capable of. I also beleive they could be used against us if they are released by the government. Let the ACLU free them up.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

1) A lot of people, as evidenced by this board, do.

2) The end game is the same, though (a judge has already rejected this argument). Just pull the band-aid. There might even be some good faith benefit to it coming from the government rather than a judge order.
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

If there were an investigation it would all come out in vivide detail. And what is gained by releaing them, to me its a return on investment. What more would we get out of the investment of more tension in the ME and around the world vs how much more is needed to get to the bottom of this. We've already seen in graphic detail what was done.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

Fugging....

YAHOOOOooooo! :rocker: