Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hersh: Cheney ordered assassination rings targeting 'enemies of the state'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Mar 12, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

more corroboration that Cheney is a murderer...

in a forum at the Univ. of Minnesota on Monday night, award-winning journalist Seymour Hersh let slip details from his upcoming book about the Dark Lord signing off on assassinations...

Jonathan Alter discusses the news about it on Countdown

audio of Hersh's Q&A... (scroll to 9:10 mark)

"After 9/11, I haven't written about this yet, but the Central Intelligence Agency was very deeply involved in domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. Without any legal authority for it. They haven’t been called on it yet. That does happen.

"Right now, today, there was a story in the New York Times that if you read it carefully mentioned something known as the Joint Special Operations Command -- JSOC it’s called. It is a special wing of our special operations community that is set up independently. They do not report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office. They did not report to the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff or to Mr. [Robert] Gates, the secretary of defense. They reported directly to him. ...

"Congress has no oversight of it. It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on. Just today in the Times there was a story that its leaders, a three star admiral named [William H.] McRaven, ordered a stop to it because there were so many collateral deaths.

"Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us.

I wonder if Paul Wellstone's name is included in this section of Hersh's book.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This was picked up over at the Weekly Standard (I know, I know...), here is Bill Roggio's take:

The Weekly Standard

"Like every good tale, there is some truth to it. The Joint Special Operations Command, or JSOC, does participate in the black operations hunt for al Qaeda and other terrorist groups' leaders. This is done in conjunction with the CIA's Special Activities Division. There is little secrecy about this, just read Jawbreaker or this article by Bob Woodward from back in November of 2001.

But to claim that JSOC does not "report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office," or that "Congress has no oversight of it" is just false. JSOC was established in 1980 after the failed mission to rescue the hostages at the U.S. embassy in Iran. JSOC is a component command of the U.S. Special Operations Command, which reports to the Secretary of Defense. JSOC, like the CIA, certainly falls under congressional oversight."
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

In other news........

At the University of Tulsa last night, during the open mike portion of another liberal circle jerk. Heywood Jablowme got up and alleged that Bush and Cheney were channeling Hitler's spirit the past 8 years on foreign policy decisions. Details to follow....... :rolleyes:

Seriously PC, just cuz this this guy put out a BS "teaser" for an upcoming book at some university forum, it certainly does not make it etched in stone. How bout a little more substance before we get all tingly on this one. This one has AGENDA written all over it. The fact that Olby is reporting it, seals the deal.

For the records, I'm all for Black Ops. If Clinton wasn't such a p~ssy, a black operation would have taken out OBL over a decade ago. 99% of us probably would agree that that would have been a good thing.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

As long as they are known terrorist, I don't mind them being assassinated. Kind of like the Isreali special forces. It's an excellend way to prevent terrorist attacks by making them shake in their boots.

If we went into countries like Turkey and assassinated some known terrists, I'm ok with that.
  5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll take that over a guy like Clinton who killed his own friends
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this is awesome... the four basic rationalizations all show up in succession, and like clockwork: ...

1) JSOC and their entire 'innocuous' protocol is well-known by all
    2) Hersh isn't to be believed, regardless of his prize winning work
    3) Well, so what if they did murder people without checking with anyone? I'm totally ok with it
    4) Clinton did worse

You can sense the love and admiration for Dick...

[​IMG]
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, Carlton Sherwood has won a Pulitzer, a Peabody, and several other major awards in his journalistic career with CNN and other major news outlets; how's he scale on YOUR "believability" chart???

//
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If Hersh's reportting is accurate.....

Possibly the worst offense by this administration yet....and thats saying something.

Before you defenders of war crime and ignorers of executive orders sound off any further on your bull$h!t, step back from the keyboard fro a second and ask yourself this:

"Would I, ______________ put these accuasations past Dick Cheney?"

I ****** hate terrorists, but we live in a land of laws. NOBODY IS ABOVE IT. Thas what makes us better.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And, while you're at it, take a look at these (below), and ask yourself:

"Would I, ______________ put this past Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Bill Clinton, and some of the other Dems????

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?
    Michelle Malkin The missing SNL bailout skit — and the Soros connection; Update: SNL does a do-over
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJn5b8_weUY&eurl=http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/276377.php
    YouTube - Coulter on Bailout Lies -- "Social Justice" Obamination

//
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm PHUKIN laughing at your repetative redundancy from the redundant department.

25% of the nation uses your tired talking points....

you know, it used to be 50%

anytime you wanna have a debate on the SUBJECT, I'm all ears, Guy.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"laughing"???? Really???

Anyway, sure, any time you want to talk about the *real* causes behind the economic crash, and go over the points in the "Burning Down the House" clip and the Brit Hume/Foxnews clip -- point by point -- please call back; I'm ready.

P.S. -- (pssst...) <... Cheney's gone ... !! .. Why not focus on the current inhabitants of the White House???? Afraid of something??? >

//
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Burning down the house is a youtube compilation partisan video.. you have found great comfort in, however it is what it is.. Brit Hume has a very definite agenda.. finding comfort in just blaming Frank et al, shows that you do not even begin to comprehend how complex this economic mess really is..

Cheney is gone, but his legacy may continue for a while.. do you want a VP who is above the law?? If he did what he did he should be held accountable..
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, you want to completely DISCOUNT anything on youtube, you want to accuse Brit Hume of bias, you want to excuse Barney Rubble Frank of any and all responsibility in the financial meltdown, BUT we are supposed to take seriously YOUR reports, as they "must be" "unbiased", "fair", and "accurate"????

Just how stupid do you think people are??

Talk about living in a fantasy-land.....

//
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Did not say anything on youtube is not good.. what I said was belief in a biased you tube video is not good.. that is all. I will choose to move on, continue with your name calling and great comfort in having all of the answers that you found on youtube videos.

Once again the downfall of the economy is a very complex issue and to find a youtube video and think this is the answer defies all reasoning and logic..
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

Billy Blue Dress
    Used Government Assasains
    To Secretly Kill
    Kathleem Wileys Cat
    The Cat Was Strangled

Poor Kitty
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Even though I'm ok with what happened (although without knowing more details, it's tough to say) in theory, I can't stand Cheney.

No love for that SOB here PC.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

To me, all is fair in the battle against terrorists. If we find Bin Laden, I'd rather see a video of him dead rather than have him go to trial. After all, the world KNOWS we are hunting and trying to kill him without due process. So what's the diff?
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

so you are saying it was ok for clinton to kill ron brown, vince foster, ed willey, suzanne coleman........the list goes on and on........clinton should be in the guiness book of world records for the number of associates who died from casuses other than natural
  19. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I had a client that used to assassinate known terrorists. He was in the US Special forces and would travel to Thailand, Phillipines, and other Muslim terrorist hangouts and would literally hunt them. He was one of the very few people at Fort Bragg with shaggy hair and a beard. He would get deposited in a country with 3 other killers and they would hunt bad guys for a couple of months at a time. By the way, the order of the day was "No Quarter."
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Do you have ANYTHING inside your head? Your comment above is as much of a conspiracy theory/joke as anything I've ever read.