PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez worth a fourth round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "this?" and where did you find out what "this" is?

I suppose he in referencing AH being involved in a murder either directly or indirectly. AH is involved in it whether we like it or not and the Pats brand will take a big on this forever.

It is what it is.

These mediots that are trying to make it sound like the Patriots wasted a 4th round pick need to get a clue. This was a 4th round pick, not a 1st. I checked and in Hernandez's draft class, only 1 other 4th rounder besides Hernandez has been to the Pro-Bowl. Even if Hernandez never plays another down again, the career he has had already will made him probably in the top 3 of his draft class's 4th round.

Nobody is asking if the Cowboys wasted a pick by selecting the immortal Akwasi Owusu-Ansah. I'd rather have 3 years of Aaron Hernandez than 10 years of Trevard Lindley, Alterraun Verner or Eric Norwood (not to say any of those guys will be playing 10 years).

Well said. Here are the Patriots 4th round picks for the past ten drafts, excluding the most recent one:

2012 none
2011 none
2010 Hernandez
2009 Rich Ohrnberger
2008 Jonathan Wilhite
2007 Kareem Brown
2006 Garrett Mills, Steven Gostkowski
2005 James Sanders
2004 Dexter Reid, Cedric Cobbs
2003 Dan Klecko, Asante Samuel

Aside from Hernandez, there is one really good player (Asante), one decent kicker, and a journeyman db (Sanders). Even if was only three years, I'd take Hernandez' career over any of these other players except Samuel. Even if he never plays another down, it was a productive draft pick.

Sorry for being a d*ck but when did we get rid of him/ he is not playing for us?

As optimistic as I think we would all like to be (except the lynch mob contingent here) I dont see him coming back. Of course that is just my gut. I mean he would have to come of of this smelling like a rose in order to escape being done as pat.

This situation is pretty unprecedented and I can't see Kraft being happy if it is proven he was involved in any way.

If AH came out unscathed would the Pats still keep him? So, its really 3 issues. His guilt or innocence, the pats decision after that ruling and then the NFL's decision.

Oh look another AH thread.

I missed the guilty verdict and sentencing hearing. How many years did he get?

This group has to be the most uninformed board. I thought pats fans were sane, not insane like the jets. Am I on the right forum here?

Guys, you are missing the point. Screw the trial. This isn't about right and wrong, or guilt, or anything that makes sense.

This is about PR.

Hernandez was tried in the media and found guilty. All that is left is for Goodell to hand down a sentence.

Oh, he's probably not guilty and smelling like a rose, but Goodell suspends him anyway because E!SPN told him too. No emoticon because I'm not joking about Goodell being an ***hole.

BTW, he was worth a fourth round pick.

Goddell has to show the soccer moms and dads that he means business. Can't have people in the NFL who "might be" involved in a murder lol

No, not if he is suspended for the FLA shooting when youre offense is based off 2 TE sets.

I was thinking very similar. Using a 4th round pick on a TE who is one of the best in the game and helped us almost bring home the Lombardi Trophy.

On what date did Goodell suspend Hernandez?

It is Kraft who decided to waive him, hurting the chances of recovering bonus money unless he has already made a deal with the NFL and the CBA (which seems unlikely).

The team does not abandon folks charged with crimes. However, it is clear that Hernandez is in so much trouble over the TWO incidents that Kraft was willing to give up $7.5M to avoid dealing with the situation any more.

And yes, it is bad PR to have a player on the team who is awaiting action regarding a homicide and a suit regarding a shooting. This PR problem would be there even if Goodell did nothing. I understand that you would like ESPN not to cover this situation, but that is most unreasonable. Besides, the local press will make this daily news for a very long time.

Guys, you are missing the point. Screw the trial. This isn't about right and wrong, or guilt, or anything that makes sense.

This is about PR.

Hernandez was tried in the media and found guilty. All that is left is for Goodell to hand down a sentence.

Oh, he's probably not guilty and smelling like a rose, but Goodell suspends him anyway because E!SPN told him too. No emoticon because I'm not joking about Goodell being an ***hole.

BTW, he was worth a fourth round pick.

Jimmy Graham in the third would have been a better investment than Hernandez and the third we wasted on Taylor Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots