PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez, Vollmer, Wright out; Chung Questionable for Week 3 Pats at Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vollmer, Hernandez, and Wright out, Chung Questionable for Sunday

If Vollmer's injury is the same issue, I wonder why he played last week. With Solder as a reserve, I hope we sit Vollmer until he's 100%

Kaczur was plenty in the RT with back issues department.

I agree with you completely, and am actually somewhat worried.

And by the way, our OT depth is lousy w/o Vollmer.

I don't get the impression Kaczur has been going around doing workouts and so on -- is he out of shape or injured or leaning to retirement due to back pain or something? At this point, I'd be happy to have a healthy Kaczur as a backup.

Kaczur was plenty in the RT with back issues department.

I agree with you completely, and am actually somewhat worried.

And by the way, our OT depth is lousy w/o Vollmer.

I don't get the impression Kaczur has been going around doing workouts and so on -- is he out of shape or injured or leaning to retirement due to back pain or something? At this point, I'd be happy to have a healthy Kaczur as a backup.

I certainly wouldn't mind having someone with experience in our system, but not sure about Kaczur. It's hard to know what the details were regarding his release. I don't know if BB would even consider him at this point.

God, I hope we don't have to worry too much about Vollmer.

I think Vollmer not playing this week is more of a cautionary move - mainly because he didn't leave the Chargers game.

I would expect Bill has looked at the Buffalo D/pass rush and realised that it would benefit Solder to get experience and for Seabass to rest up for the bigger challenges that lie ahead.

Eh, I don't think the pats are in that bad of position comparatively speaking. Most of these guys are at least coming back soon with the exception of koppen and probably wright.

You're already primed for posting on the game thread!

Game day threads bring out the best of this board don't they. Brady gets demoted to 3rd stringer after his first incomplete pass and the cries for our future in Mallet come out. :bricks:

If Vollmer's injury is the same issue, I wonder why he played last week. With Solder as a reserve, I hope we sit Vollmer until he's 100%

Vollmer played with pain. His statement after bolts-game(translated from german):
Seabass:"Now the season has started for me"
Interviewer:"" How you feel?"
Seabass: "i´ve played!"
End of Interview.

that injury report seems substantial. Luckily the team stocked up on lots of depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last year before cutting their two safeties in the pre-season. Vereen, Ridley and Mallett should all step up tomorrow.

that injury report seems substantial. Luckily the team stocked up on lots of depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last year before cutting their two safeties in the pre-season. Vereen, Ridley and Mallett should all step up tomorrow.

Not understanding why you would want Mallett to step up?

Yes, Mallet has got to step up his game. He didn't hold his clipboard in a professional manner last time. That's unacceptable!

Ross Ventrone - DB - Patriots

Patriots promoted S Ross Ventrone from the practice squad.
A pretty good indication that SS Pat Chung (thumb surgery) will be out against the Bills despite his surprising return to practice Friday. An undrafted free agent out of Villanova last year, Ventrone will be making his NFL debut if he's active on Sunday.
Source: Shalise Manza Young on Twitter
Sep 24 - 3:52 PM

Per roto

Nice for Ventrne and his family. But not a good indicator for the team. Ventone, add little as a S except as a body. Nothing good will happen if he has to play any significant time.

Eh, I don't think the pats are in that bad of position comparatively speaking. Most of these guys are at least coming back soon with the exception of koppen and probably wright.

Speaking of Wright, why is he wasting a precious roster spot?
Bill IRed Koppen, but not this guy? WTF?

?
We have 7 defensive backs without counting Adams, Molden and Ventrone.

I don't expect Ventrone to see any reps as a safety. His reps should be on Special Teams.

Nice for Ventrne and his family. But not a good indicator for the team. Ventone, add little as a S except as a body. Nothing good will happen if he has to play any significant time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back