PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez signs for four years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear!

I would expect that (as usual) all draftees will be signed to 4 year contracts by the start of Traning Camp, except for first rounders which we try to sign for five years.

I would expect that (as usual) all draftees will be signed to 4 year contracts by the start of Traning Camp, except for first rounders which we try to sign for five years.

As I've mentioned in the past, and I've been wondering about for some time, why did the Patriots ultimately sign Justin Rogers to a three-year deal? [And, for that matter, why did Rogers accept the concomitant signing bonus reduction?]

Re: REPORT: Hernandez, Patriots Agree to Terms

Cool. I've heard good things about the kid.

But I notice no progress on Brady's contract. We're doomed...doomed!!!

Glad to get him signed, really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the season :)

Good news.. hate it when the signings go down to the eve of Training Camp..

This is great news. I very much look forward to Hernandez hitting the field this year.

Good stuff. Happy about this.

Just dont see him seeing the field that much. Gronk is likely to be TE1, with Crumpler as a blocker.

Since when have the Pats run 2TE sets?

Just dont see him seeing the field that much. Gronk is likely to be TE1, with Crumpler as a blocker.

As many of us in here think, he won't be a 'TE'. He will be more of a Dallas Clark player, so will most likely play lined up in the slot.

I would hope more in 2010. This offence has a great opportunity now to be less predictable. So why not?

My brother-in-law who grew up in Gainesville, went to UF, and keeps up with the football team pretty hardcore, warned me not to get too excited about Hernandez. He said he was pretty dumb and basically ran only a couple of routes (albeit successfully) while he was in UF. He said he'll have trouble with our complicated passing scheme.

He also said that Spikes will disappear in games and will not be a consistent performer.

He did say we hit the jackpot on Cunningham and he will be a stud.

My brother-in-law who grew up in Gainesville, went to UF, and keeps up with the football team pretty hardcore, warned me not to get too excited about Hernandez. He said he was pretty dumb and basically ran only a couple of routes (albeit successfully) while he was in UF. He said he'll have trouble with our complicated passing scheme.

He also said that Spikes will disappear in games and will not be a consistent performer.

He did say we hit the jackpot on Cunningham and he will be a stud.

You should question your brother's intelligence for point #1. He ran a pretty wide array of routes based on the film and games I've seen of him. The second point ispretty valid, though that's up for question as well do to the injury he supposedly had last year. I hope he's right on the third one, though I think he's the Florida product most likely to bust.

I'm excited about Hernandez, so this is great news.

As many of us in here think, he won't be a 'TE'. He will be more of a Dallas Clark player, so will most likely play lined up in the slot.

3 thoughts here:

Taking some of the slot action away from Welker\Edelman?

And havent stats shown that spread\shot\pistol formations are becoming less and less effective?

And arent we more likely to play a more grounded attack this year???

Using Hernandez as an h-back could indeed be part of a stronger run offense.

3 thoughts here:

Taking some of the slot action away from Welker\Edelman?

And havent stats shown that spread\shot\pistol formations are becoming less and less effective?

And arent we more likely to play a more grounded attack this year???

Using Hernandez as an h-back could indeed be part of a stronger run offense.

I see that as a major benefit if he's a playah. Second benefit being that an effective H back can take some of those across the middle patterns and hits that Welker has mostly owned. I believe that BB in selecting H as his 2nd TE drafted had these specific potentials in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes