PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez rents house in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look good for Wes.

Doesn't look good for Wes.

Highly doubt the two are related. More than likely he's just trying to get better to make good on the big contract he just signed.

renting a house for the summer does not a California resident make

A) It's winter
B) live there 6 months plus a day and Cali will have a say in that matter
C) Athletes are moving out of Cali, not in, due to the state's progressive tax code
D) Slightly off topic...but revenue needy states are changing the laws to claim more tax revenue from part time residents. Minnesota's governor wants the threshold to be 2 months. Own a lake house in Minn. and spend the summer, the Gov. wants a piece of that action.
The rich are fleeing Cali, NY, IL, Maryland all because these cash strapped states won't make cuts. Texas says thank you. Lesson over

Highly doubt the two are related. More than likely he's just trying to get better to make good on the big contract he just signed.

And this is a real good sign for this kid. Fiancee, baby, moving close to his QB in the off season...it's all good. His periodic lapses in focus have hurt him along with the nagging injuries. This sounds like a plan to work on both.

Maybe Gronk should join them. I bet Brady could find things for him to do to occupy his time during the off season beyond those he seems most drawn to.

How do you infer this from Hernandez renting a house out there?

Yup, Wes and Anna can visit any time. There are plenty of spare rooms in the mansion... Besides Wes doesn't need the work these days, more like rest.

A) It's winter
C) Athletes are moving out of Cali, not in, due to the state's progressive tax code
D) Slightly off topic...but revenue needy states are changing the laws to claim more tax revenue from part time residents. Minnesota's governor wants the threshold to be 2 months. Own a lake house in Minn. and spend the summer, the Gov. wants a piece of that action.
The rich are fleeing Cali, NY, IL, Maryland all because these cash strapped states won't make cuts. Texas says thank you. Lesson over

I believe that athletes are required to file in all of the states where they played games in that year. Not sure, but I remember reading something to that effect.

Hernandez may not be a better athlete,but he sure is more mature than Gronkowski at his age.

A) It's winter

The most he will be there is 3 months. The off season program now starts in May. And there are mini camps in June. Players and coaches generally take the first 3 weeks in July off for pre camp vacation. Camp opens in July.

Hernandez may not be a better athlete,but he sure is more mature than Gronkowski at his age.

Hernandez may not be a better pass catching/run blocking TE than Gronk. But i'd put money to say he is a better overall athlete.

You won't see Gronk making the cuts Hernandez does.

Remember when Hernandez was the rookie tight end people worried about?

Remember when Hernandez was the rookie tight end people worried about?

Yea, this is the guy who came out of college with "character concerns." How wrong they were.

A) It's winter

Athletes are taxed based on "duty days" they spend in each state.

Lesson corrected.

Per Breer

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/298834280858144769

I really hope AHern can stay healthy this coming year..

I'm surprised Breer didn't spin this news to say something like 'Hernandez will not attend OTAs' or something like that.

Athletes are taxed based on "duty days" they spend in each state.

Lesson corrected.

I was under the impression that athletes were taxed on a pro-rated amount dependent on the state (and city or county in some cases) that corresponded to their team's schedule. For example an NFL player receives 16 game checks; 8 taxed locally (Foxboro), one in Seattle WA, one in Buffalo NY, one in Miami FL, etc.

Is that the same thing, or something different?

And this is a real good sign for this kid. Fiancee, baby, moving close to his QB in the off season...it's all good. His periodic lapses in focus have hurt him along with the nagging injuries. This sounds like a plan to work on both.

Maybe Gronk should join them. I bet Brady could find things for him to do to occupy his time during the off season beyond those he seems most drawn to.

Gronk recently bought a house in Tampa, FL not far from Mons Venus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots