• Gronkowski

Votes: 85 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hopefully this question never happens, atleast anytime soon but what if we had to let one of them go for any reason. Which TE would we keep and why? I was just wondering, no reasoning invloved.

We all know that both TEs have a different set of skills. Hernandez strives at the receiving end and Gronk is a much better blocker but has nice receiving skills as well.

Who would you keep?

It's just too easy to pick Gronks on this one but I have to say that this doesn't mean I want AH to go anywhere because he's a damn good player, too.

why choose? you can easily keep both TEs.

IMO they don't even play the same position.

Hernandez is hell to match up against, but Gronk is a future HoFer

why choose? you can easily keep both TEs.

Lol but if you had to? I know this is a hard question but I'd probaby lean towards hernandez go before Rob

Hernandez is hell to match up against, but Gronk is a future HoFer

I agree Hernandez presents a lot of problems for opposing defenses in space. LBers can't cover him so that brings someone out of the secondary to cover him, which creates more opportunities for the other Patriot recievers.

I look at it like Hernandez works best in space, between the 20's, then you bring in Gronkowski to close the deal around the goal line.

Just think how much better a blocker Gronkowski will be next season after an offseason with Woicik.

Hernkowski.

or

Gronandez.

Either one really.....<heh>

How lucky are we to even be able to contemplate this question?

Hopefully they're both here their entire careers, although with the NFL the way it is, it probably won't happen.

To answer, I think the obvious choice is Gronk based on his blocking ability and exceptional red-zone production.

In some ways, I think these guys are similar to the Antonio Gates/Vincent Jackson combo, although I sincerely believe Gronkowski may even have more potential than Gates, particularly as an in-line blocker. Hernandez reminds me of a big WR in the V.Jax type more than a complete TE, although that will surely change as he develops. It's shocking that he is literally the NFL's youngest player.

Last edited:
I would keep Gronk, he's a complete TE. That being said, I need to give kudos to someone here, unfortunately, I can't remember who it was, but they nailed their rookie seasons right on the head. Someone here said Hernandez would succeed earlier than Gronkowski this season, and then Gronkowski would catch up later in the season. Whoever that was, hit it right on the head, good job !

In some ways, I think these guys are similar to the Antonio Gates/Vincent Jackson combo, although I sincerely believe Gronkowski may even have more potential than Gates, particularly as an in-line blocker. Hernandez reminds me of a big WR in the V.Jax type more than a complete TE, although that will surely change as he develops. It's shocking that he is literally the NFL's youngest player.

And GRONK is the fourth-youngest. :eek:

Hernadez was a MONSTER in BOTH Jets games

Love them both

Hernandez -> S Sharpe

Gronkowski -> M Bravaro

Different roles on a football team more effective together than individually due to flexibility they provide the O with their different skill sets.

Gronk is a 3 down player ... I don't think Hernandez is that just yet.

Gronk is the complete beast and a true TE. Hernandez is more of a hybrid. Makes them tough to compare but I would take Gronk every time.

Gronkowski, no doubt. He is as complete a TE as we have in the NFL right now, with the potential to excel in every single aspect of his game.

I chose Gronk but I'd rather cut a receiver and keep them both. Tight ends are far more versatile than receivers.. and Puerto Rican Chris Cooley plays like a really really big wideout as it is.

Things must be getting really boring at the water cooler. It's like asking who would you rather have watching your back in a bar fight....The Thing or the Incredible Hulk?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes