PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez and Cunningham out for the Pats tom..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
According to the FB page update...

Okay, the degree of difficulty just went up a bit. Cunningham's loss is more significant since he was our best OLB at setting the edge, and Fred Jackson is a pretty solid runner.

via pats twitter

Patriots downgrade 6 to OUT; Dan Connolly, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Deaderick, Aaron Hernandez, Myron Pryor and Mike Wright
wow another tough day ahead for our dline

via pats twitter

wow another tough day ahead for our dline
If Brace plays it is actually an improvement in health, because he, Pryor and Wright were out and Deadrick barely played after getting hurt early.

We still got this, I think Eric Moore will get more playing time with Cunningham out. He's been playing pretty good. As for Hernandez, it sucks to seen him out but our offense will continue to work. I'm more concerned of our injuries in the defensive line.

If Brace plays it is actually an improvement in health, because he, Pryor and Wright were out and Deadrick barely played after getting hurt early.

lets hope so. With hernandez gone it somehow eases the matchup for the bills.i hope we put our 2TE in and just run the ball to help out our defense some.

We still got this, I think Eric Moore will get more playing time with Cunningham out. He's been playing pretty good. As for Hernandez, it sucks to seen him out but our offense will continue to work. I'm more concerned of our injuries in the defensive line.

Moore plays DE, not OLB. He may get some more snaps in sub packages where Cunningham may have rushed from, but won't help the OLB depth in the base D.

But Moore has played very well so far. Should help with the DL injuries.

Last edited:
OFFENSE
The replaements are there, as the article indicates.

DEFENSE
One can only hope that Brace and Banta-Cain are at 100%.

Of course, Lord Favrequad has now shown that "OUT" is absolutely meaningless. . . .

It'll be interesting to see what the game plan against the Bills is given the importance of those players to the team.

Moore plays DE, not OLB. He may get some more snaps in sub packages where Cunningham may have rushed from, but won't help the OLB depth in the base D.

But Moore has played very well so far. Should help with the DL injuries.
Moore is an OLB. OLBs play DE in the sub. Moore has been playing in the sub.
We have been playing Cunningham and Ninko in the base and TBC and Moore/Cunningham in sub
This means TBC will play in the base and Moore will probably play most all of the sub snaps.

And what about this fellow Dane Fletcher? I think he plays as an OLB. He should contribute in this game plan.

Moore is an OLB. OLBs play DE in the sub. Moore has been playing in the sub.
We have been playing Cunningham and Ninko in the base and TBC and Moore/Cunningham in sub
This means TBC will play in the base and Moore will probably play most all of the sub snaps.

Technically, yes. But he'll be playing with his hand on the ground, not standing up is what I meant. Cunningham has great value in that he can do both, he's the best OLB at setting the edge, and Moore won't be able to help in that area.

And what about this fellow Dane Fletcher? I think he plays as an OLB. He should contribute in this game plan.

Dane plays ILB.

Last edited:
Power football with Gronk and Crumpler!

Oh.. Well I thought he played OLB because if I remember right, on the last drive against Green Bay, Dane lined up where Cunningham usually lines up and sacked Flynn on the play. Well you know Bill Belichick players, whatever position they are asked to play they do it.

Last edited:
I heard on PFW in progress that Hernandez supposedly got hurt on his second TD when he high stepped into the endzone. If so that's a real shame. Hopefully Gronk has big game to make up for Hernandez absence.

Oh.. Well I thought he played OLB because if I remember right, on the last drive against Green Bay, Dane lined up where Cunningham usually lines up and sacked Flynn on the play. Well you know Bill Belichick players, whatever position they are asked to play they do it.

I can't remember where he was lined up on that play, but nothing would surprise me. And Fletcher played DE in university so he probably could play a bit OLB.

BB was talking about him during his last presser and how he was being converted from DE to ILB, and how rare that is. BB could only think of 2 other guys who had made that jump to ILB instead of OLB: Harry Carson and Tedy Bruschi. Dane's got a looooooooooong way to go, but that's some pretty good company to be associated with.

I'd like to think that most of these downgraded players were thought to of been doubtful for the game early in the week and the game plan was made with there absence in mind? Just a thought on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes