PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hermida to Sox wtf?

He's cheap insurance for the Jason Bay / Matt Holiday situation. It strengthens Theo's hand in not overpaying. At worst, he replaces Baldelli who needs to be replaced. At best he's a 25/26 year old player who just may benefit from playing in our lineup and Fenway. For 2+ million I think it was a good deal though I kind of liked Alvarez. Perhaps there was no room for him to advance here?

Theo loves hitters with high BB/Ks, and Hermida had a 264/314 ratio in the minors. Moreover, his BB/K in the majors has been going up even while other stats have stagnated.

Hermida is young. He plays an above average left and right field. He has a decent bat (too bad he's a lefty) with some pop. He does strike out quite alot but like I said he's young and there's room to improve. Probably the end for Rocco but I wonder what they do about a Right hand bat off the bench.

Good be good move, we are really stacking up so/so outfielders, we have duncan, hermida, the guy we got from the white sox

Last edited:
bump. Can't stand seeing "congrats Yankmess" any more.

Typical Sox

Hes a young player who clearly has potential, costs nothing, and has no downside. At worst, hes an ok 4th outfielder. If he figures it out, hes a star.

Now, we'll see if Francona will actually let him play, or if he'll get the Carlos Pena treatment, and be stuck behind the rotting corps of Mark Loretta/whoever.

Solid guy. young, fairly cheap, and can play the corner outfield spots. With the uncertainty of Bay, and the 20+ games Drew usually sits, Hermida is a nice pick up. Good move. You're going to see a lot of moves like this before teams have to tender contracts to players. The economic situation is going to put a lot of decent players out on the market. Teams with some coin to spare, will have the option of picking them up for a middling prospect. Teahan is an example of this, as he went to the Whitesox.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back