Welcome to PatsFans.com

Herman Cain Throws Netanyahu Under Harry's Bus

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, May 23, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

From the FOX interview with Chris Wallace:

WALLACE: Where do you stand on the right of return?

CAIN: The right of return? (Pause) The right of return? (Pause)

WALLACE: The Palestinian right of return.

CAIN: That is something that should be negotiated. That is something that should be negotiated.

Pro that he is, Wallace restated the question, spelling out precisely what he was asking to make sure there was no confusion.

WALLACE: Do you think the Palestinian refugees, the people who were kicked out of the land in 1948, should be able or should have any right to return to Israeli land?

CAIN: Yes. But under — but not under Palestinian conditions. Yes. They should have a right to come back if that is a decision that Israel wants to make.

Back to — it's up to Israel to determine the things they will accept. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made it real clear in his statement following the statement that President Obama made. They are wiling to make some concessions. They are willing to give on a lot of things. They are willing to be compassionate.

Actually, Netanyahu, like many Israeli Jews, is fairly strongly opposed to the Palestinian "right of return," the idea that those Palestinians who lost their homes in 1948 and during subsequent hostilities could return to their land within Israel's borders as part of an ultimate agreement.

Herman Cain Wasn't Able On Palestinian Right Of Return Question : It's All Politics : NPR

He did walk it back in a later statement put out by his campaign staff - but it's possible, if people are as unforgiving as Harry tends to be, that it's too little knowledge, gleaned much too late.

All Israeli governments have rejected the "right" of large numbers of Arabs or Palestinians to return to what is now the state of Israel. Such an en masse return would unbalance Israel's demographic makeup as the world's sole Jewish state.
    In this light, should the "right of return" "be negotiated," as I said, "if that is a decision that Israel wants to make"? Certainly, and to reiterate, it's Israel's call. Israel has a long record of being more gracious to its enemies than its enemies are to it, and this would be yet another example of that. But is the "right of return" a moral imperative? Is it something Israel must grant? Is it something the United States ought to encourage?

The answer is no on every count

Whoops! Herman Cain Tries To Clean Up His Israel 2012 Rollout #Fail (VIDEO) | TPMDC

He might have done better to give Chris Wallace the same answer about Israel that he gave about Afghanistan:

"I think it is disingenuous to tell the American people what I would do when I don't have the intelligence information," he said. "I don't have all of the factors that are affecting this particular situation."

"I owe the American people a responsible decision and a responsible plan," he added. "And I don't think any candidate can responsibly say what they would do if they are elected president."

I don't know about anybody else, but a presidential candidate who feels incapable of stating what he'd do in a situation he is most likely going to inherit should he be elected probably isn't going to get my vote.

2. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

So a vote for Herman Cain is a vote for........................

3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Herman Cain, the Ex-Fed Chairman, is nothing but the puppet to ensure the Fed, and the Bankers which back the Fed are kept happy, and the machine running.

Fox and the Machine created the Cain hype after the first debate to steal votes away from Paul, so they never felt threatened from serious effort to remove, or put the Fed in check.

Go back and watch the first Debate, Cain said nothing of importance, nothing new, nothing fresh, nothing overly leadership worthy... yet after the debate everyone in the room was won over??? with what? What specifically did he say? All they pointed to was "His common sense"...

Meanwhile, Paul stiffed Hannity to speak at a Tea Party convention packed with people after the debate... Oh and during the event you can tell there were tons of Paul backers.

The National media is trying to split the Tea Party vote away from Paul so an establishment candidate can win the primary.

The GOP Establishment just saw the Tea Party take over the party in the last election... they can't afford to have the Tea Party dictate their presidential candidate as well.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

God knows how the Kansas City Fed puts pizza moguls on its board of directors, but it should be noted that he wasn't the Fed chairman as we usually think about him (i.e., the whole shootin match.)

It's pretty amazing how know-nothings feel free to shoot their mouths off about the vagaries of mideast politics, when they have no idea what those politics even are.

Cain's also the guy who says it's not fair to tell people what he'd do if elected, because he has no idea until he takes office :rolleyes:

PFnV

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Sounds like being honest to me, no bullsh!t from teleprompters.

:bricks:

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Cain went on Hannity's show and admitted he wasn't familiar with the issue (heard about this on the Imus show). Quite refreshing to see a politican admit he doesn't know it all. We know he won't stab out allies in the back unlike other politicans.

YouTube - ‪HERMAN CAIN ON HANNITY 110523‬‏

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Well, at least not knowingly, he won't.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Honesty scares the sh!t out of the Left Wing, they would rather hear all the Hope Change / Yes We Can CRAP.

Watch how they come after this guy they will try and crucify him but they better be careful.

9. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's an Ally? Doesn't an Ally imply a 50/50 benefit for each? Don't we in reality simply purchase Israel to do our bidding? What do they do for us? They don't balance the power in the Middle East, they aren't stopping anyone in the middle east from power building, Saddam did more of that than Israel.

Do WE really have any allies? I would say the UK is about the only true ally... just about every other country is simply accepting our dollars, in exchange for us to tell them what to do.

How many allies will we have when the dollar crashes? How many of our allies will just become China's Allies?

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

How has the current President treated the UK?

11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

It actually would have been, except for 2 things: (i) as pointed out, he failed to do the same on the topic of Israel / Palestine and (ii) given his financial means, I'd want somebody in his position to try to become familiar with the issue if he were really serious about running.

Makes me think he isn't really serious, or at least one of his two stances was politically driven.

12. emoney_33

emoney_33 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is classic, absolutely classic.

"We have no idea what we are voting for but we'll vote for him anyway because he's a republican".

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Cain
    Couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

14. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What do you mean?

I would simply list the UK as a true ally simply becuase we arent beholden to pay them for their cooperation, Canada as well.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

The current President has dissed the Brits on a number of occassions. Returning the Bust of Churchill, giving DVD's of his speeches to the Queen (in the wrong format no less) and a couple of others that don't come to mind currently. Which is why he wasn't invited to the Royal Wedding.

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Hmmmm....how do you explain the fact that he and Michelle are currently in England at the personal invitation of the queen and are, in fact, spending the night as her overnight guests at the Royal Palace?

BBC News - Queen greets President Obama on first UK state visit

17. mcgraw_wv

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

WTF does that have to do with the topic? What does little childish spatty comments have to do with the state of our Alliance with the UK? Are you seriously going to say that we really are that solid of Allies with the UK becuase he sent a DVD in the wrong format?

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Dear Loons
    Are there any photo's of President Jug Ears bowing to the Queen, I hope so, he usually Bows to dictators.

Is The guy that used to sneak into the Queens bedroom at night still around.
    :confused:

Jug Ears, beautiful Michelle, Prince Charles and Camella Bowels going dancing tonight.
    :singing: Jesus Christ

Last edited: May 24, 2011