Herm Edwards to Chiefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So sayeth ESPN, we'll see what happens:

NEW YORK -- The Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets discussed a compensation package for coach Herman Edwards on Wednesday, a person familiar with the situation said on condition of anonymity.

The Chiefs, rumored to be interested in Edwards for the last two months, would have to give up draft picks to hire Edwards because he is still under contract with the Jets. Edwards has ties to the Kansas City organization and general manager Carl Peterson, and would replace retired coach **** Vermeil.

So the Jets will have more draft picks . . . but who will they get to coach?

Two Thoughts...

1) ...No, No, No, NO!!!!!!!! We want Hermie Baby staying right in the AFC East please. We NEED him here. :D

2) ...Why in the world would you give up draft picks for Herm 'what game clock' Edwards?!? There's GOT to be a better waste of your picks than that.

But he's a great hugger! :p

TYLAWNT_.jpg

He's good at something else also.

Last edited:
This is a horrible day for us. First Buffalo fires clueless Tom Donahoe and now Herm?

dhamz said:
This is a horrible day for us. First Buffalo fires clueless Tom Donahoe and now Herm?

Next thing you know, all of the Jet's and Buffalo QB's will go :-(

I hope they hire Martz!!! Levy isn't going to leave florida but still run the bills. Life is good in the AFC East relax guys. The thing that concerns me the most is the rumor about a trade consisting of Williams for Culpepper.

I actually like herm. I'd rather him stay in the afc east.

mgcolby said:
The thing that concerns me the most is the rumor about a trade consisting of Williams for Culpepper.
Bring it on, Fumbles the Quarterback, with no Moss! Yeh Baby!

mgcolby said:
The thing that concerns me the most is the rumor about a trade consisting of Williams for Culpepper.

haha they can have him.. i think he could be the most overrated qb next to vick..

Gotta agree with Box and Chris.... Culpepper doesn't worry me much.

Back to the subject though, let's get the ol' Save Herm's Job bandwagon going.

Having Herm Edwards leave would be a blow ... to the Pats.

But look on the bright side, they might hire Martz or Tice. One can only hope!

Aw... I like Martz. And Tice... hes my kind of guy, very goofy.
Actually, one of our family friends played basketball with him in college. Hes a good guy, from what iv heard.
Martz on the other hand is a douchebag that I have no idea why I like.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Gotta agree with Box and Chris.... Culpepper doesn't worry me much.

Back to the subject though, let's get the ol' Save Herm's Job bandwagon going.

No, that doesn't worry me either -- and I think that the Jets are such a dysfunctional franchise that whatever choice they make won't save them (poor GM, awful cap situation, weak personnel).

Anyway, although I can't deny that we've been fortunate to be in a weak division this year, I suspect that strong divisions are GOOD for teams with championship aspirations -- playing weak opponents is no way to develop the toughness you need for success. So I want the Bills and Jets to get good (I am sure that Miami soon will be), just not too good.

I like Herm Edwards. I think he's a good coach with some bad luck. The Jets are fools if they lose him. But at the same time, I think he would be a good fit with the Chiefs.

Who would the Jets pick up if they let Herm go? My money would be on Martz, the Jets hoping Mr. Offensive Genious will jack up their offense. I don't think Tice will be employed next season. Martz, who, as far as I can tell, has no soul, will be snatched up by someone.

Pats_Bryan said:
I like Herm Edwards. I think he's a good coach with some bad luck.
Though it would help if he could tell time.

1/5/06
The discussions between the Jets and the Chiefs were so far along that, even if they fell apart, Herm Edwards wouldn't be able to return because his relationship with the club has been irreparably damaged, one person said.
-- New York Post

A highly-placed NFL source yesterday said he was told by Jim Haslett that the Jets have reached out to him about their head coaching job.
-- New York Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/01/05/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Wasn't it reported widely in the media the NFL changed the rule so coaches could no longer bring draft picks after the Gruden deal? So how is KC giving the Jets picks?

I don't get it? Can other NFL teams file a grievance once KC and the Jets say the deal is complete?

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back